Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #196
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,140
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judged Mental View Post
LOL thought "abq" might have stood for "Aboriginal Boxing Queensland" and thought some of his own peeps were roasting him
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #197
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 346
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pioneer View Post
That information is available everywhere TCboxa. You fool

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


You are a pathological liar and an raving nutcase. Put me on ignore like you lied about a few weeks ago bro
Im a pathalogical liar yet you think he is retired and going to fight cotto/mayweather/alvarez all in the same breath? lol

none of the links posted go into why he fought overseas , everyone knew he had a few am fights but few knew the reasons as to why he went overseas to have them. None of the links you post go into any of that

i put you on ignore when you talk garbage which is most of the time, then i take you off ignore when i want to have a laugh at the most deluded karnt on this board! that be you cookie
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #198
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: "Mom! The meat loaf! Fuck!"
Posts: 841
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
He won't retire. Anthony never follows through with any of his promises. This will just be another one.
Dantes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #199
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 346
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
More journos need to tell it like it is , but then they are barred from attending any of cumdines shows. borderline nazi is Mundine.

Quote:
Mundine: All Mouth, No Class

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on May. 10, 2012 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


I canít decide whether Australian boxer Anthony Mundine is a chicken, a fool, or both.

But Iím leaning toward both.


And Iím pretty sure heís a jerk.

Mundine, who has passed up multiple opportunities to fight Las Crucesí Austin Trout for the latterís WBA junior middleweight title, is leaning instead toward fighting a rematch with fellow Aussie[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. That would be a huge fight Down Under, it seems, even with no title involved, and Mundine likely would make more money fighting Green than he would fighting Trout ó even though heís passing up a shot at a world title.

OK, fine. Agree with the strategy or not, itís business. But in the process, for the umpteenth time, Mundine couldnít resist taking a long-distance shot at Trout. ďA nobody,Ē Mundine calls the New Mexican.
There was a time, not so long ago, when Mundine professed to be eager for a shot at Trout and his title. In fact, last August, he was accusing Trout on Twitter of ducking HIM.

Then, after becoming the mandatory challenger to Troutís title, Mundine [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Heíd signed with American manager Cameron Dunkin (a former Albuquerque resident), he bragged, and was after bigger game ó Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., in particular.

Didnít happen ó not because the Chavez camp was afraid of Mundine ó yeah, right ó but because Mundine wasnít enough of a somebody. Instead, Chavez will fight Irelandís Andy Lee (not exactly a household name on this side of the pond) in El Paso on June 16.

Trout, meanwhile, is scheduled to defend against Delvin Rodriguez in Los Angeles on June 2. The bout will be telecast on Showtime. Itís a terrific opportunity, and no doubt a pretty good payday, for Rodriguez.
Recently, Trout signed a contract with Al Haymon, a behind-the-scenes adviser/facilitator who has become one of the most influential men in boxing. If Trout keeps winning, he wonít be anybodyís definition of a nobody.

Now, letís be fair. Mundine is 36, and money apparently means more than a world title at his career stage. Then again, maybe he just realized he had no chance of beating the far quicker, far younger (26), far more skilled Trout.

But who accuses another fighter of ducking him, then becomes the ducker, then continues to bad-mouth the duckee?
Only a fighter with no class ó and, maybe, no guts.
Green should tell Mundine to go fck himself. Hope Green dont sell out and come in as a weight drained fighter again, although there would be some irony in that being he is such a fan of Dannyweight/incentives and all.

The sooner mundine becomes irrelevant in boxing the better it will be for other fighters of this country. the guy is simply put a media whore and milks this sport for all he can.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #200
The_Pioneer
what in hell happened
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

everyone knew he had a few am fights
As usual you are totally wrong bro

This is the post I responded to :

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Lets put this into perspective. Anthony The Man Mundine. Zero amateur fights. Fighting for world title in Germany in his 11th pro fight. No.2 P4P of modern era.
And this is what I said :

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pioneer View Post
Choc had 4 amateur fights when he was 17 bro. Don't you know anything either
You are a liar and a ****ing idiot bro
The_Pioneer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #201
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 346
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

so Donkeyking represents everyone does he?

u are quick to point out ONE person not knowing he had amateur fights yet you are not able to provide us all with any evidence of this so called retirment and split from khoder you posted weeks ago ..

you looking in the mirror when you say " Your a liar and a fcking idiot bro" or are you talking to cumdine? and do you sufffer from ADHD ?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #202
The_Pioneer
what in hell happened
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

YOU are the one who said EVERYONE. You idiot bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

everyone knew he had a few am fights
But Donkeyking DIDN'T KNOW as he said here bro :

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
World Title fight against undefeated German fighting in fortress Germany itself in his 11th pro fight with no amateur experience. You cannot say he had no heart or no skill. You might fault his career decisions though.
And Donkeyking said he didn't know here also bro :

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Lets put this into perspective. Anthony The Man Mundine. Zero amateur fights. Fighting for world title in Germany in his 11th pro fight. No.2 P4P of modern era.
Your brain is totally ****ed like that guy told me. You are stark raving ****ing mad bro

You have been OWNED AGAIN TCboxa
The_Pioneer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #203
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 346
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

So when i said everyone, that included village people in the middle of butt fck no where did it? u scratch and claw for all u can but fact is the bloke u follow is a fraud lol

u tell me my brain is fcked yet u belive Mundine can defeat Mayweather.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #204
The_Pioneer
what in hell happened
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

You need to read this bro :

Dementia pugilistica


Dementia pugilistica (DP) is a neurodegenerative disease or dementia that may affect amateur or professional boxers as well as athletes in other sports who suffer concussions. A variant of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) it is also called chronic boxer's encephalopathy, traumatic boxer’s encephalopathy, boxer's dementia, chronic traumatic brain injury associated with boxing (CTBI-B), and punch-drunk syndrome ("punchy"). Symptoms and signs of DP develop progressively over a long latent period sometimes amounting to decades, with the average time of onset being about 12 to 16 years after the start of a career in boxing. The condition is thought to affect around 15% to 20% of professional boxers.

Symptoms


The condition is caused by repeated concussive and sub-concussive blows (blows that are below the threshold of force necessary to cause concussion), or both.[1] Because of the concern that boxing may cause DP, there is a movement among medical professionals to ban the sport.[2] Medical professionals have called for such a ban since as early as the 1950s.[3]

The word pugilistica comes from the Latin root pugil, for boxer.[4]

The condition, which occurs in boxers having suffered repeated blows to the head, manifests as dementia, or declining mental ability, problems with memory, and Parkinsonism, or tremors and lack of coordination.[2] It can also cause speech problems[2] and an unsteady gait. Patients with DP may be prone to inappropriate or explosive behavior and may display pathological jealousy or paranoia.[2] Individuals displaying these symptoms also can be characterized as "punchy", another term for a person suffering from DP.

Sufferers may be treated with drugs used for Alzheimer's disease and Parkinsonism.[5]

Mechanism


It is not well understood why this syndrome occurs.[6] Loss of neurons, scarring of brain tissue, collection of proteinaceous, senile plaques, hydrocephalus, attenuation of corpus callosum, diffuse axonal injury, neurofibrillary tangles, and damage to the cerebellum are implicated in the syndrome.[7] The condition may be etiologically related to Alzheimer's disease.[7] Neurofibrillary tangles have been found in the brains of dementia pugilistica patients, but not in the same distribution as is usually found in people with Alzheimer's.[8] One group examined slices of brain from patients having had multiple mild traumatic brain injuries and found changes in the cells' cytoskeletons, which they suggested might be due to damage to cerebral blood vessels.[9]

Increased exposure to concussions and sub-concussive blows is regarded as the most important risk factor, which can depend on the total number of fights, number of knockout losses, the duration of career, fight frequency, age of retirement, and boxing style.[10] Findings in one study even suggest that boxers with high exposure may have a genetic susceptibility to developing more severe neurological deficits. Thirty professional boxers underwent neurological assessment and genetic testing for the ApoE4 allele, a known genetic risk factor for late-onset sporadic Alzheimer's disease. The severity of their cognitive, motor, and behavioral impairments was stratified using the Chronic Brain Injury scale, ranging from 0-9 with a score of greater than 0 identified as abnormal. Among 18 boxers with more than 12 professional bouts, those who possessed at least one ApoE4 allele had a higher CBI score (mean 3.9 Ī 2.3) compared to boxers without the allele (mean 1.8 Ī 1.2). The remaining boxers with less traumatic exposure had a mean score of 0.33, regardless of ApoE genotype.[11]

History


DP was first described in 1928 by a forensic pathologist, Dr. Harrison Stanford Martland, who was the chief medical examiner of Es*** County in Newark, New Jersey in a Journal of the American Medical Association article, in which he noted the tremors, slowed movement, confusion, and speech problems typical of the condition.[12] In 1973, a group led by J. A. Corsellis[13] described the typical neuropathological findings of DP after post-mortem examinations of the brains of 15 former boxers.[13]

Famous case


Dementia pugilistica is relatively common among boxers having had long careers and received a great many blows to the head. It is perhaps under-reported because the symptoms often do not become overt until middle age or even later, and are often indistinguishable from Alzheimer's. On the other hand, dementia pugilistica has often been falsely reported. It has been rumored that Jack Dempsey suffered from it, when in fact he retained his mental vigor until his death at 87.[citation needed] Joe Louis developed signs of paranoid schizophrenia that have been attributed to cocaine abuse but may also have a genetic element (his father was institutionalised for mental illness).[citation needed] Other ex-boxers have been said to have had dementia pugilistica when in fact they suffer from nothing worse than a working-class accent and a gruff demeanor (e.g., Rocky Graziano, Tony Zale).

However, Jimmy Ellis, Floyd Patterson (who resigned from the New York State Athletic Commission because of his deteriorating memory), Bobby Chacon, Jerry Quarry, Mike Quarry, Wilfred Benitez, Emile Griffith, Willie Pep, Freddie Roach, Sugar Ray Robinson, Billy Conn, Joe Frazier, Fritzie Zivic, and Meldrick Taylor appear to have been genuinely affected by the disorder.[citation needed] Ingemar Johansson may be another victim. In addition, Muhammad Ali's Parkinson's disease was said to be caused by his boxing career, but Ali's own physician Ferdie Pacheco MD states in his Book 'Fight Doctor' that Ali's condition is often misquoted and that Ali, in fact, has Parkinson's Syndrome, which he advises is caused by physical trauma. However, some maintain that this sort of dementia is precisely diagnosed only in autopsy, and claims of retired athletes not having DP are rarely accompanied by autopsy results.[citation needed] On the other hand, diagnosis of Parkinson's disease on the basis of clinical observations is 75-80% accurate.[14]

It can be noted that autopsies of 11 professional American football players by Dr. Ann McKee, of Boston University School of Medicine, found CTE in all cases.[15] CTE has been diagnosed (also by the Boston University group[16]) in one amateur football player, University of Pennsylvania lineman Owen Thomas, following his suicide.[17]

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was discovered to have suffered from CTE following his 2007 murders and subsequent suicide, as was his former colleague, Andrew Martin, following his 2009 overdose death. Ice Hockey enforcer Derek Boogaard's death in May 2011 has been linked to CTE which may have developed as a result of bareknuckle fights. News of his ailment has sparked debate about the role of fighting in professional hockey.[18]
The_Pioneer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #205
The_Pioneer
what in hell happened
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The_Pioneer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #206
The_Pioneer
what in hell happened
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

TCboxa read this and disappeared. Must be making a doctor appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pioneer View Post
You need to read this bro :

Dementia pugilistica

Dementia pugilistica (DP) is a neurodegenerative disease or dementia that may affect amateur or professional boxers as well as athletes in other sports who suffer concussions. A variant of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) it is also called chronic boxer's encephalopathy, traumatic boxerís encephalopathy, boxer's dementia, chronic traumatic brain injury associated with boxing (CTBI-B), and punch-drunk syndrome ("punchy"). Symptoms and signs of DP develop progressively over a long latent period sometimes amounting to decades, with the average time of onset being about 12 to 16 years after the start of a career in boxing. The condition is thought to affect around 15% to 20% of professional boxers.

Symptoms

The condition is caused by repeated concussive and sub-concussive blows (blows that are below the threshold of force necessary to cause concussion), or both.[1] Because of the concern that boxing may cause DP, there is a movement among medical professionals to ban the sport.[2] Medical professionals have called for such a ban since as early as the 1950s.[3]

The word pugilistica comes from the Latin root pugil, for boxer.[4]

The condition, which occurs in boxers having suffered repeated blows to the head, manifests as dementia, or declining mental ability, problems with memory, and Parkinsonism, or tremors and lack of coordination.[2] It can also cause speech problems[2] and an unsteady gait. Patients with DP may be prone to inappropriate or explosive behavior and may display pathological jealousy or paranoia.[2] Individuals displaying these symptoms also can be characterized as "punchy", another term for a person suffering from DP.

Sufferers may be treated with drugs used for Alzheimer's disease and Parkinsonism.[5]

Mechanism

It is not well understood why this syndrome occurs.[6] Loss of neurons, scarring of brain tissue, collection of proteinaceous, senile plaques, hydrocephalus, attenuation of corpus callosum, diffuse axonal injury, neurofibrillary tangles, and damage to the cerebellum are implicated in the syndrome.[7] The condition may be etiologically related to Alzheimer's disease.[7] Neurofibrillary tangles have been found in the brains of dementia pugilistica patients, but not in the same distribution as is usually found in people with Alzheimer's.[8] One group examined slices of brain from patients having had multiple mild traumatic brain injuries and found changes in the cells' cytoskeletons, which they suggested might be due to damage to cerebral blood vessels.[9]

Increased exposure to concussions and sub-concussive blows is regarded as the most important risk factor, which can depend on the total number of fights, number of knockout losses, the duration of career, fight frequency, age of retirement, and boxing style.[10] Findings in one study even suggest that boxers with high exposure may have a genetic susceptibility to developing more severe neurological deficits. Thirty professional boxers underwent neurological assessment and genetic testing for the ApoE4 allele, a known genetic risk factor for late-onset sporadic Alzheimer's disease. The severity of their cognitive, motor, and behavioral impairments was stratified using the Chronic Brain Injury scale, ranging from 0-9 with a score of greater than 0 identified as abnormal. Among 18 boxers with more than 12 professional bouts, those who possessed at least one ApoE4 allele had a higher CBI score (mean 3.9 Ī 2.3) compared to boxers without the allele (mean 1.8 Ī 1.2). The remaining boxers with less traumatic exposure had a mean score of 0.33, regardless of ApoE genotype.[11]

History

DP was first described in 1928 by a forensic pathologist, Dr. Harrison Stanford Martland, who was the chief medical examiner of Es*** County in Newark, New Jersey in a Journal of the American Medical Association article, in which he noted the tremors, slowed movement, confusion, and speech problems typical of the condition.[12] In 1973, a group led by J. A. Corsellis[13] described the typical neuropathological findings of DP after post-mortem examinations of the brains of 15 former boxers.[13]

Famous case

Dementia pugilistica is relatively common among boxers having had long careers and received a great many blows to the head. It is perhaps under-reported because the symptoms often do not become overt until middle age or even later, and are often indistinguishable from Alzheimer's. On the other hand, dementia pugilistica has often been falsely reported. It has been rumored that Jack Dempsey suffered from it, when in fact he retained his mental vigor until his death at 87.[citation needed] Joe Louis developed signs of paranoid schizophrenia that have been attributed to cocaine abuse but may also have a genetic element (his father was institutionalised for mental illness).[citation needed] Other ex-boxers have been said to have had dementia pugilistica when in fact they suffer from nothing worse than a working-class accent and a gruff demeanor (e.g., Rocky Graziano, Tony Zale).

However, Jimmy Ellis, Floyd Patterson (who resigned from the New York State Athletic Commission because of his deteriorating memory), Bobby Chacon, Jerry Quarry, Mike Quarry, Wilfred Benitez, Emile Griffith, Willie Pep, Freddie Roach, Sugar Ray Robinson, Billy Conn, Joe Frazier, Fritzie Zivic, and Meldrick Taylor appear to have been genuinely affected by the disorder.[citation needed] Ingemar Johansson may be another victim. In addition, Muhammad Ali's Parkinson's disease was said to be caused by his boxing career, but Ali's own physician Ferdie Pacheco MD states in his Book 'Fight Doctor' that Ali's condition is often misquoted and that Ali, in fact, has Parkinson's Syndrome, which he advises is caused by physical trauma. However, some maintain that this sort of dementia is precisely diagnosed only in autopsy, and claims of retired athletes not having DP are rarely accompanied by autopsy results.[citation needed] On the other hand, diagnosis of Parkinson's disease on the basis of clinical observations is 75-80% accurate.[14]

It can be noted that autopsies of 11 professional American football players by Dr. Ann McKee, of Boston University School of Medicine, found CTE in all cases.[15] CTE has been diagnosed (also by the Boston University group[16]) in one amateur football player, University of Pennsylvania lineman Owen Thomas, following his suicide.[17]

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was discovered to have suffered from CTE following his 2007 murders and subsequent suicide, as was his former colleague, Andrew Martin, following his 2009 overdose death. Ice Hockey enforcer Derek Boogaard's death in May 2011 has been linked to CTE which may have developed as a result of bareknuckle fights. News of his ailment has sparked debate about the role of fighting in professional hockey.[18]
The_Pioneer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #207
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 346
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

didnt read it tbh im still having a good laugh at you..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #208
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 942
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pioneer View Post
YOU are the one who said EVERYONE. You idiot bro



But Donkeyking DIDN'T KNOW as he said here bro :



And Donkeyking said he didn't know here also bro :



Your brain is totally ****ed like that guy told me. You are stark raving ****ing mad bro

You have been OWNED AGAIN TCboxa
I did know he had a few amateur fights in the pacific when he was a kid. It was not significant experience.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #209
The_Pioneer
what in hell happened
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
I did know he had a few amateur fights in the pacific when he was a kid. It was not significant experience.
It wasn't "zero amateur fights" either was it bro
The_Pioneer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #210
The_Pioneer
what in hell happened
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choc set to announce retirement

Good luck with your condition TCboxa. No more fighting for you though bro.
The_Pioneer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013