Old 04-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #46
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather - Baldomir is kind of a gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubace View Post
it's amazing that the thread starter says this was a great performance without saying 'this is why foyd is great' and people still hate. shut the **** up and appreciate someone who's WAY better at something than you will ever be. Great thread TS.
Slugger is the only one hating here. Some are simply discussing the quality of Baldomir to begin with.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #47
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
It utlimately comes down to the opponent in the end.

If Kobe beat LeBron in a game of one on one by a wide margin, it would be more impressive then if he beat some rookie by the same score.

I really don't see why anyone is making a big deal out of this win. Fan defense I suppose. But not caring for this doesn't make anyone less a fan.
Yes the calibure of the opponent should be taken into account; but that is not a reason to disregard to discredit the Boxing performance put on. Other elite fighters don't possess half those tools displayed in that fight, thus couldn't of shown them against you or me, let alone a World Champion.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #48
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Hadn't Margarito just lost to Williams at that point? Or am I mistaken?

Margo lost to Williams, the following July.
BigReg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #49
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

No way Baldi beats Margo with or without loaded gloves ..And I can't stand Margarito for what he did!
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #50
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Hernandez was a gem. Mosley was a gem. Hatton was a gem. This? Not so much. Is impressive that he beat someone much bigger than him and made him look much worse than he was. Baldo wasn't all that but he still had a legit belt and a win over Judah who Mayweather also beat. Impressive performance still and should be noted that he did that while having a broken hand. No one does clinics like Floyd, JMM, and Hopkins and probably why I like seeing them fight.
techks is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #51
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:
You are not a Boxing fan. Appreciating a Boxing performance is beyond you.
You call that performance?

It was a disgrace.

Even the audience left as early as the 9th round.

I guess they appreciated that performance too? People booed - I guess they appreciated that performance too?

You can't even call a spade a spade in ESB anymore?

What a ****ing idiot. I prefer to call it a disgrace, you call it a performance for the ages........ You are entitled to your own idiotic opinion. Just don't go forcing everyone to see it with a gayweather glasses.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #52
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post

It was a disgrace.

I guess they appreciated that performance too? People booed - I guess they appreciated that performance too?

What a ****ing idiot. I prefer to call it a disgrace, you call it a performance for the ages........ You are entitled to your own idiotic opinion. Just don't go forcing everyone to see it with a gayweather glasses.
You have no appreciation for the skills that he showed?

I assume not, seeing as you probably didn't grasp half of what you saw.

'Why he no throw straight left? '

'Why he not jump up and down and put gloves in the air?'

'Why he not get punched in face?'
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #53
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Tony was a paper champ, and now he's a disgraced cheater. Boxing enthusiasts in general aren't going to care that Floyd didn't pick up a paper title from an overhyped media creation that possibly cheated his way to glory.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #54
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post

It was a disgrace.

Backyard Boxing at my house on any given sunday is much better than the Baldo-Mayweather fight! That shit was boring.. And I watch all boxing!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #55
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
I would argue that Baldo just might be better than the real Margarito, the one without bricks in his gloves.
The Margarito who's had his mitts approved by others?
Maybe, but while Margarito was defeating ring ranked fighters, Baldomir was doing nothing to suggest that.

Quote:
Bruh, Mosley became the top dog after beating Hoya. He then lost to Forrest, who lost to Mayorga, who lost to Spinks, who lost to Judah, who lost to Baldo. Baldo was the real champ. Tony was the paper champ who picked up a vacant trinket.
This has nothing to do with what I said Reg. Politics and corruption have made title shots made by promoters and networks for the sake of $$. Do you honestly think Baldomir did more then anyone else at the time to deserve a world title shot? No, he was brought in to make Zab look good for the upcoming Mayweather fight. Baldomir just screwed that up.

But at the same time, Maragarito was the ONLY one at WW sucessfully defending his belt. You think DOn King was about to let Judah defend against him w/ Arum as his promoter? Guess again. You should know by now promoters don't always like to work together.

Quote:
Bricked up Margo, wouldn've been a tougher opponent. Margo with no bricks is just a taller, slower, Baldo. Margo is tough guy, but he's not on Mayweather's level. Cheating would've been the only way he could've even given Mayweather a real fight. Cuz was getting worked by Clottey, before Clottey injured his hands. If Clottey's defense, counter-punching, and hand speed were bothering Margo, you can only imagine what would happen against Floyd. Since he's had his wraps taken away, Margo's been destroyed by Mosley, Pacquiao, and Cotto. You saw what Mayweather did to Mosley, and we're going to see what happens with Cotto.

Bricked up is just your guess Reg. You know the wraps are inspected and signed off. Has it happened before? Who knows. But don't act like it's a fact when it's not.

BTW, as said in another thread about Floyd's output, you know Floyd wouldn't be throwing as much as Clottey. Different defense styles.

You also know that a fighter with a style like Margarito isn't built to last. IF you want to base his losing SOLELY on wraps, then you obvious have a chip. There's other factors as well, which you probably just don't want to admit might be legit as well.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #56
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Lance, Baldomir was mandatory; he hadn't lost in around about 12 years when he fought Judah.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #57
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yes the calibure of the opponent should be taken into account; but that is not a reason to disregard to discredit the Boxing performance put on. Other elite fighters don't possess half those tools displayed in that fight, thus couldn't of shown them against you or me, let alone a World Champion.
Maybe not, but it's legitimate reason not to fawn over it. It was a decent win, nothing more.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #58
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:
You have no appreciation for the skills that he showed?

I assume not, seeing as you probably didn't grasp half of what you saw.

'Why he no throw straight left? '

'Why he not jump up and down and put gloves in the air?'

'Why he not get punched in face?'
Really?

So it just becomes a showcase of his arsenal?

What about the aspect of actually entertaining the audience? Afterall, is that what boxing is for? Heck, Joan Guzman does that a lot too. I did not see you sing praises to heavens?

What about the idea that he could have done better, in fact way better than that performance? Are you just happy that a fighter, who can acually do 100 per cent (no injuries against a very slow fighter) was just performing 50 per cent? Would they refund half your money in that case?

Do you not feel cheated? Because I definitely feel cheated.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #59
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Lance, Baldomir was mandatory; he hadn't lost in around about 12 years when he fought Judah.
You have looked at who he's fought in that span right? Abysmal comp. THAT made him the mandatory for the LInear W Champ? If anything, that actually helps my argument against the lineal being better then the other titlist, if that's all it takes.

BTW, there's been many instances of undeserving fighters getting to be a 'mandatory', if they have a big enough name or the right promoter.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #60
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
It was 8 years and he didn't really fight anyone of note.. His best win was Judah!
slugger3000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum