Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #181
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847
Default Re: Andre Ward said : "I was disappointed ......"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
No, they were STOPPED. A KO is when you can't beat the count of 10.

But most of these fighters would have been KO'd a little latter. This wasn't Johnson's case.

Do I have that right?
So a technical knockout isn't a knockout?

And if someone has been knocked out cold once in his career you would be right in saying he's "never been stopped"?

Please, say uncle.

Is a white horse a horse?

Who is buried in Grant's tomb?
conraddobler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #182
soso
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV77 View Post
Win a linear title. Beat a world class opponent in the title fight. Beating a part time fighter for a title picked out of a trash can doesn't count for much. Bute is the IBF titlists but he is not the Champion at 168 and everyone knows it.
Mighty persnickety aren't we? I see your'e one of those 'Bute only beats bums' guys. I'm eagerly waiting for Froch and Ward to become bums then...
soso is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #183
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso View Post
Mighty persnickety aren't we? I see your'e one of those 'Bute only beats bums' guys. I'm eagerly waiting for Froch and Ward to become bums then...
His record doesn't lie. When his biggest win is Edison Miranda, it's hard to argue otherwise.

Besides a piss poor record. Didn't his most loyal fans claim the entire supersix tournament was a joke?, why is Bute seeking losers out of the tournament?
Scar is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #184
Dracon
Frédéric Bastiat
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by conraddobler View Post
So a technical knockout isn't a knockout?

And if someone has been knocked out cold once in his career you would be right in saying he's "never been stopped"?

Please, say uncle.

Is a white horse a horse?

Who is buried in Grant's tomb?
Wow. You're really having a hard time understanding this simple concept.

A stoppage is when one of the fighters can not finish the fight because of his opponent's blows. KOs and TKOs are both stoppages.
Dracon is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #185
Dracon
Frédéric Bastiat
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
His record doesn't lie. When his biggest win is Edison Miranda, it's hard to argue otherwise.

Besides a piss poor record. Didn't his most loyal fans claim the entire supersix tournament was a joke?, why is Bute seeking losers out of the tournament?
I don't claim his record is amazing, but Johnson, Bika, Andrade are all better that Miranda. Just saying.
Dracon is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #186
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy k.o View Post
dude , mark.cooper came with some true facts / real-objective observations about Ward's statements.
He brought on this thread some irrefutable evidences that Ward is a twisted-hypocrite mofo !
What else do you want more when is so obvious that Ward isn't a reliable person when it comes about his statements / plans !
When you don't have arguments , you put in front the word : racist ..... or hater ! ....... is sooo easy to call somebody a racist or a hater because he thinks otherwise than you and comes with some true facts !
If you're a smart person combat his arguments with yours & bring something objective and plausible on this debate !

cheers bro !
He already admitted he was biased against Ward so what are you talking about?...Im sorry, but I see right TRHOUGH Ward and He is not some fake like u all pretend he is...This guy is smart, and serious about his craft and u all said he was ducking Anthony Dirrell..LMAO...Man please, you guys just hate Ward for nothing and want to make him something he's not!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #187
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffie View Post
Here you go again, you don't agree with someone so he is racist.

I guess that means you have been owned.
He already said he was racist!..But I knew he was biased, when you all tried to say he was ducking Anthony Dirrell...I see through you all!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #188
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffie View Post
Ward said himself all those things. There is no interpretation here. It comes from his twitter account and directly from his mouth. Love makes you blind.
Yea so he was mispeaking, but u try to ur hardest to make it seem like he's a liar, when in actuality u can look right THROUGH Ward...Ward is see through, he's not some promoter, fake, liar, ducker..Its obvious he's not that kind of person, but you want to MAKE him that way in ur mind...if he was mispeaking, then thats just what it is...but u have to be honest...U dont watch a guy like WARD, Mispeak, and convince urself that he's a liar...He aint even that type of person and its OBVIOUS!!...And btw, I dont even like Ward that much...He is boring to me, but he earned my respect for how he beat Froch...I only commented on this thread because I saw how you all where trying to make him something that he's not so I decdided to crush u all!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #189
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

vCash: 2100

Quote:
I can't understand why you insist on looking like a ****ing retard.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #190
soso
Journeyman

Quote:

When you think his biggest win is Edison Miranda it's hard to put value on anything you say. Bute wanted to fight Ward in Oakland but Ward was sitting in his ivory tower at the time trying to teach the world how life values and morals apply to boxing... only to come across as a whiny little prima donna. So Bute moved on. If Ward is butt hurt now it's his problem.
soso is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #191
mark.cooper
thinker
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmurkaveli View Post
He already said he was racist!!
Not that you deserve an answer, but just for the record read my lips: I never ever said / implied something like that. Your low written language comprehension skills could be blamed up to some point for you constantly screwing up your conclusions, but it's obvious there is something rotten in your ability of following reasonings.
mark.cooper is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #192
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso View Post
When you think his biggest win is Edison Miranda it's hard to put value on anything you say. Bute wanted to fight Ward in Oakland but Ward was sitting in his ivory tower at the time trying to teach the world how life values and morals apply to boxing... only to come across as a whiny little prima donna. So Bute moved on. If Ward is butt hurt now it's his problem.
Ward is "butthurt" that Bute is fighting someone he already beat?
Scar is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #193
soso
Journeyman

Quote:
Ward is "butthurt" that Bute is fighting someone he already beat?
I guess he is, read the thread title again.
soso is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #194
james!
CounterPuncher
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
wait so him saying Bute needs to fight somebody lost your respect? And then Bute deciding to fight the same guy twice you are cool with that?

Not atall, I dont even like bute to be honest, I really liked ward but to me when he said that, it was almost as if he wanted to send Froch against bute to see if he could beat him and how easily he could do it, he knew the only fight would be froch, Wards smart.
I also go the impression as if ward felt he had the right to say that about bute seconds after winning the tournement. When really I cant see why anyone could say that to an already champion. I just felt like he was scared, it made me lose respect that he didnt want to go for the big fight that everyone wanted to see and the only fight that made sense.

My mind could be changed again, I respect bute for taking on froch to prove something imo he doesn need to. I just hope bute wins then my faith in sog will be restored when he agrees to fight.
james! is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #195
soso
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmurkaveli View Post
Yea so he was mispeaking, but u try to ur hardest to make it seem like he's a liar, when in actuality u can look right THROUGH Ward...Ward is see through, he's not some promoter, fake, liar, ducker..Its obvious he's not that kind of person, but you want to MAKE him that way in ur mind...if he was mispeaking, then thats just what it is...but u have to be honest...U dont watch a guy like WARD, Mispeak, and convince urself that he's a liar...He aint even that type of person and its OBVIOUS!!...And btw, I dont even like Ward that much...He is boring to me, but he earned my respect for how he beat Froch...I only commented on this thread because I saw how you all where trying to make him something that he's not so I decdided to crush u all!
Oh noes, he's going to crush us with his 'racist' argument!
soso is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum