Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #226
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Andre Ward said : "I was disappointed ......"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmurkaveli View Post
I didnt play the race card, its a fact that most people here are racist, they have racist avatars, racist sigs, they make racist remarks, and they are openly biased against Black fighters...These guys tried to say Ward was ducking Anthony Dirrell...Saying something so silly, because they are biased against Ward, and Cooper even admitted he was racist!
You aint a racist just becuase you say Ward is ducking a mandatory, when he gives up his belt.

And you are clearly playing the race card. Most people here aint racists. I doubt most people here are even white.
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #227
sabsman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1160

Quote:
Lie?..No no no I dont think someone like Ward would ever lie!..So when you guys get his words mixed up, or the media mixes them up, you call it lying?..Who do u think he is pacman?..Ward dont have to lie
the worst liars and hypocrite are christien FANATICS, you know the one who believe god needs his dues for everything that happens on this world.
sabsman is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #228
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso View Post
He has fought whoever was available. You were the one bitching about his record and title. Since people come to this forum it kind of means they are interested. Your logic is a bit sketchy.
I could give a shit less about this contender's resume. I've enjoyed some of his work but if he doesn't step up to the plate soon he will be past his prime before he ever fights for a legitimate title or faces A level competition. Careers like Bute's with paper titles and hand picked opponents are one of the things ruining the game. Carl Froch might be the second best man in the division coming off a loss and winning 2 of his last four. He is an exceptable opponent but neither man is a champion so this fight amounts to a fight off to face Ward. Bute better win because no one wants to see Froch and Ward again.
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #229
EJDiaZ
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ward would dominate Dirrell Brothers and same also to Bute
EJDiaZ is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #230
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJDiaZ View Post
Ward would dominate Dirrell Brothers and same also to Bute
Mayde, but I would be grateful if he could do like Ali used to do - show what he can and can not do.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #231
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV77 View Post
I could give a shit less about this contender's resume. I've enjoyed some of his work but if he doesn't step up to the plate soon he will be past his prime before he ever fights for a legitimate title or faces A level competition. Careers like Bute's with paper titles and hand picked opponents are one of the things ruining the game. Carl Froch might be the second best man in the division coming off a loss and winning 2 of his last four. He is an exceptable opponent but neither man is a champion so this fight amounts to a fight off to face Ward. Bute better win because no one wants to see Froch and Ward again.
Lucian Bute will "step up to the plate" on 26 may fighting with Carl Froch ( finalist of s6 ) in U.K ( Nottingham ) - Froch's hometown !!

If Bute will win convincingly he will face Andre Ward ( the "legit champ" of the smw ) ! .........

man you contradict yourself ! first you say : "but if he doesn't step up to the plate soon he will be past his prime before he ever fights for a legitimate title or faces A level competition. Careers like Bute's with paper titles and hand picked opponents are one of the things ruining the game" and then : "Carl Froch might be the second best man in the division coming off a loss and winning 2 of his last four. He is an exceptable opponent but neither man is a champion so this fight amounts to a fight off to face Ward" ......... what is so hard to understand that Bute will face the "second best man in the division" to "earn a shot" against Andre Ward.
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #232
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy k.o View Post
Lucian Bute will "step up to the plate" on 26 may fighting with Carl Froch ( finalist of s6 ) in U.K ( Nottingham ) - Froch's hometown !!

If Bute will win convincingly he will face Andre Ward ( the "legit champ" of the smw ) ! .........

man you contradict yourself ! first you say : "but if he doesn't step up to the plate soon he will be past his prime before he ever fights for a legitimate title or faces A level competition. Careers like Bute's with paper titles and hand picked opponents are one of the things ruining the game" and then : "Carl Froch might be the second best man in the division coming off a loss and winning 2 of his last four. He is an exceptable opponent but neither man is a champion so this fight amounts to a fight off to face Ward" ......... what is so hard to understand that Bute will face the "second best man in the division" to "earn a shot" against Andre Ward.

I didn't contradict myself. My points broken down.

1. Froch is a suitable opponent(finally)
2. Froch is also 2 for 4 in his recent fights and coming off a loss so lets not act like Bute is facing an undefeated Tyson here.
3. The fight is a box off to face Ward who is the recognized champion.

Bute has not put himself in a position to demand anything from the champ but might do so if he can prove his point with Froch.

There is no reason for all these Ward troll threads considering he is the champion and proved himself beyond a shadow of a doubt.
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #233
mark.cooper
thinker
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I could give a shit less about this contender's resume. [...] Bute better win because no one wants to see Froch and Ward again.
Might be, but this thread is still not about Bute but about what Ward said.
Here you have another sample of failure from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]: "Come on. He [Bute] wants belts, I have three belts over here if he wants to fight for a belt."

Three belts over here? Ummm. My counting as for April 2012 is 1 WBA + 1 WBC = 2 (major) belts. Maybe he wants to count as a "belt" The Ring's SMW Champion award, but this is not really a belt, merely a (praised) distinction awarded by a commitee.
mark.cooper is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #234
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
I didnt play the race card, its a fact that most people here are racist, they have racist avatars, racist sigs, they make racist remarks, and they are openly biased against Black fighters...These guys tried to say Ward was ducking Anthony Dirrell...Saying something so silly, because they are biased against Ward, and Cooper even admitted he was racist!
Most African-Americans are as biased toward black fighters as those racist people you mention are biased against black fighters.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #235
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
And the sad thing about it, is Andre is a cool guy, u can basically look right through him!...I can see people saying this stuff about Floyd, but Andre?...I was surprised...then I realized you all were biased!..Btw, Look Im waving back atcha!!!
Andre Ward began taking lessons from Floyd in building his "holier, greater than thou" attitude. It showed in great measure after the s6 was completed when he acted as if the #2 was not worthy to share a ring with him. The same #2 who Ward's promoter threatened to pull Ward out if Bute was allowed in by refusing to compromote with Interbox. Sly politics which make a blatant duck turn into a political thing by a master deceiver G@@53N!

Showtime was at fault for not allowing a clause into the original language of the contracts forcing the bigger names into letting Showtime pick their own replacements without having to get them approved by the remaining fighters.

And your nonsensical racist rants against guys who like Bute, Kessler, Froch etc is stomped by the fact that most of these guys like fighters of color as well. For instance, Bryant Jennings and Seth Mitchell are two guys I'm very friendly with. And Manny Pacqioua may not be black as night, but he aint white either. So take your racist BS and shove it up your gang raped ass.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #236
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
I didn't contradict myself. My points broken down.

1. Froch is a suitable opponent(finally)
2. Froch is also 2 for 4 in his recent fights and coming off a loss so lets not act like Bute is facing an undefeated Tyson here.
3. The fight is a box off to face Ward who is the recognized champion.

Bute has not put himself in a position to demand anything from the champ but might do so if he can prove his point with Froch.

There is no reason for all these Ward troll threads considering he is the champion and proved himself beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Problem with your assessment of Bute's resume is the FACT that you overlook the rankings of the men he fought while he was blackballed from the s6.
No matter how well he dominated the guys he fought they were either mandatories or top 5 ranked guys when he fought them. He doesn't cherry pick his opposition, he simply looks at #1, makes a credible offer then gets the fight or not, then he goes down the line until he makes a fight.
For instance, last summer, Kessler was offered big $$$ to fight for Butes IBF title as a voluntary defense. He ducked for the second time. Bute then went for a unification fight with Steiglitz(#5 according to most). Steilgitz ducked a career high payday himself. Then on to Pavlik who seemed to be semi worthy of the fight. Pavlik accepted the 1.65 mil fight then ****ed it up by unscrewing his head. So he went for s6 semifinalist, Glen Johnson(widely considered #8 in the world) and he busted him up from post to post, bell to bell.
He also tried in earnest to get into the s6 instead of Johnson, but G@@53N refused to allow him in, and threatened to sue Showtime if he was allowed in b/c the wording of the original contracts maintained that remaining fighter had to approve alternates. Both Froch and Ward refused Bute's entry, but it was Ward's camp who caused Froch's ppl to agree to the exclusion.
So most thought it was Froch and Ward trying to build up a Bute fight after the s6. Both alluded to that being the reasoning, but when the tournament was over, many fans already KNEW that had Ward prevailed that no such fight would occur......and this fightfan won't beleive it until I see May/Pac, b/c Ward has been taking lessons in ducking from Fraud since last summer, and he's becoming a pro at it himself.

Even this nosense he's spouting about wanting Bute is nothing more than a Fraudian slip. Play up a fight with Bute/Pac, then make an excuse to duck, then wait for him to sign another deal, then act as if he's ducking you. Ward is become the SMW version of Fraud without the all around ability.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #237
soso
Journeyman

Quote:
Last time I checked Bute had the IBF belt which makes him a champion, and Froch had the WBC belt in the past which also makes him a champion. You're blinded by your love for Ward.
soso is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #238
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
The same #2 who Ward's promoter threatened to pull Ward out if Bute was allowed in by refusing to compromote with Interbox.
Is it Super Six you talk about? I have never heard about this before, and dont know if I should believe it. Do you have any source?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #239
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Andre Ward began taking lessons from Floyd in building his "holier, greater than thou" attitude.
SMW seemed like a really cool division, but that impression is fading. Kessler is probably the third best, but ducked Ward rematch and went for an assumed easy pick. And Ward is making some weird noise about Bute, which in nine cases of ten means the fighter will duck or be really, really awkward in negotiations.

My guess is that Ward is prepared to fight Bute, but will want to fight at home se he can be allowed to cheat if necessary, and gets the benefit of doubt on the scorecards. Ward has through his promotor previosly refused to fight outside the States.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #240
Macdeath
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Give Ward a chance, he has just beaten Froch who Bute is fighting next and fought Kessler when he was higher rated than Bute.
Im sure the fight will happen if Bute can beat Froch
Macdeath is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum