Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default New tipping comp starts now!

Hi guys...new tipping comp starts this week.....all new people are welcome from local to around the world.

Please join the comp now for the first round.
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: New tipping comp starts now!

whose doing what in the tipping comp liek the counting and stuff? i mgiht be hard pressed doing it? what else is goign on with it a joker match?
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187
whose doing what in the tipping comp liek the counting and stuff? i mgiht be hard pressed doing it? what else is goign on with it a joker match?
Yeah 1 match is a joker.
I will try get a high profile match, as well as being quite even, the joker pic for each week.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Its a shame no body could be bothered to take the time to put their thoughts forward on improving the tipping comp, or at least agreeing or disagreeing to the ideas mentioned. I think we definitely could have made things more interesting. Anyway, the new comp begins and I am looking forward to becoming the first DUAL comp tipping champion
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't mind doing the scoring, although if you miss 2 consecutive weeks if I am doing it then you are out for good, i won't keep adding you on to the table...

Last edited by nfc90210; 12-12-2006 at 06:07 AM.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I don't mind doing the scoring, although if you miss 2 consecutive weeks if I am doing it then you are out for good, i won't keep adding you on to the table...
Thanks mate......sounds like you are the guy in charge of the score card
ashley is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

alrite cools.... sounds sweet mstr... if there is a time you cant or you too busy let me know and ill come in and do it like last comp.....
also is there anyfing else that needs to be done i could possibly help out?
oh mstr by the way the joker match was the best idea because guess who thought of it? lol
by teh way putting odds and stuff would be too much work however maybe next comp after this we can come up with some kind of solution like that....
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
alrite cools.... sounds sweet mstr... if there is a time you cant or you too busy let me know and ill come in and do it like last comp.....
also is there anyfing else that needs to be done i could possibly help out?
oh mstr by the way the joker match was the best idea because guess who thought of it? lol
by teh way putting odds and stuff would be too much work however maybe next comp after this we can come up with some kind of solution like that....
IMO odds would be too much work, but putting a margin on the victory would be very basic. A lot of comps do the same thing, and it gives another dimension to the tipping. Regardless, I wouldn't care if people didn't agree with ideas that were brought up, but no one even took the 2 minutes needed to discuss it which is pretty frustrating. All we needed was for people who were going to be entering into the comp to reply to each of the ideas. Not hard. At the moment I think the comp is too basic, and doesn't really allow for much difference between voters.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #9
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
IMO odds would be too much work, but putting a margin on the victory would be very basic. A lot of comps do the same thing, and it gives another dimension to the tipping. Regardless, I wouldn't care if people didn't agree with ideas that were brought up, but no one even took the 2 minutes needed to discuss it which is pretty frustrating. All we needed was for people who were going to be entering into the comp to reply to each of the ideas. Not hard. At the moment I think the comp is too basic, and doesn't really allow for much difference between voters.
Yeah fair enough.
Maybe exact method of result can be an option in the future for sure.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Yeah fair enough.
Maybe exact method of result can be an option in the future for sure.
Too easy. I don't want to come across as being pushy just because it was my idea. To be honest if people weren't keen thats fine, but it would have been good for people to take the time to respond. Anyway, too late now to worry about.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

lol why dont we just delay the comp one week and have a discussion with everyone what they want? like close ud or wide ud or early knokcout or late ko.... that could change the scoring drastically, there is no big fights on this week i wouldnt mind putting it back one week??
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
lol why dont we just delay the comp one week and have a discussion with everyone what they want? like close ud or wide ud or early knokcout or late ko.... that could change the scoring drastically, there is no big fights on this week i wouldnt mind putting it back one week??
Its up to everyone else then, since it was my idea. I don't want it to be like I am pushing it down everyone elses throats. I am easy either way at this point.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Its up to everyone else then, since it was my idea. I don't want it to be like I am pushing it down everyone elses throats. I am easy either way at this point.
It wouldnt be like you to push others ideas and turn them into yours would it now.

Thats my last straw
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #14
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
It wouldnt be like you to push others ideas and turn them into yours would it now.

Thats my last straw
Why don't you shutup and join the tipping comp you big girl.... meeooooowww meeoooowwww... See if you can debunk the new and REIGNING CHAMPION.... THE GREAT MSTR!!!!!
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #15
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Why don't you shutup and join the tipping comp you big girl.... meeooooowww meeoooowwww... See if you can debunk the new and REIGNING CHAMPION.... THE GREAT MSTR!!!!!
Ok i will rejoin but i just thought it was useless since alot of my tips are just guesses.

I could become a Boxrec warrior though
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum