Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default How badass would Gina Carano be as a female boxer??

She is the hottest female fighter no matter the style, chick is hot as hell, but would she be a bad ass boxers???
1lehudson is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: How badass would Gina Carano be as a female boxer??

She's hot, but she probably wouldn't fair too well in boxing. Most MMA/Muay Thai fighters figure that if they know Muay Thai that they'll automatically be able to adapt to boxing easily. Most find out the hard way that that isn't the case.

To be honest, I hate when hot chicks compete in striking sports. I'd much prefer they compete in grappling. ****, how can anyone say no to this?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'd have no other reason to even watch the sport if chicks weren't competing in it.

Last edited by kirk; 02-18-2006 at 05:05 AM.
RAMPAGE0017 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
flem1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

She will be pummeled just like Erin Toughill
flem1 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE0017
She's hot, but she probably wouldn't fair too well in boxing. Most MMA/Muay Thai fighters figure that if they know Muay Thai that they'll automatically be able to adapt to boxing easily. Most find out the hard way that that isn't the case.

To be honest, I hate when hot chicks compete in striking sports. I'd much prefer they compete in grappling. ****, how can anyone say no to this?

I'd have no other reason to even watch the sport if chicks weren't competing in it.
Yeah, not many of us want to see women getting hit i the face. And when they look Like gina we really dont want to see it. However the gal has a strong standup game, i think that she would do fine as a boxer. Its not like female boxing is a very advanced sport. The gap between the Elite one and the average ones is huge. I think that Gina would be at the top of the average ones easy.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
Yeah, not many of us want to see women getting hit i the face. And when they look Like gina we really dont want to see it. However the gal has a strong standup game, i think that she would do fine as a boxer. Its not like female boxing is a very advanced sport. The gap between the Elite one and the average ones is huge. I think that Gina would be at the top of the average ones easy.

Didn't you see what Laila Ali did to that MMA chick who thought she'd be able to take on the boxing world?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 PM   #6
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Didn't you see what Laila Ali did to that MMA chick who thought she'd be able to take on the boxing world?
No, I dont think that Gina would be stand much of a chance vs the elite females in boxing, and I thought that I made that clear. But she would be one of the best of the rest in terms of p4p. Gina is a small lady, and is in the 135 range, not many elite female fighters that small, I think that she could win a title fairly easy with a couple years on the job.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
No, I dont think that Gina would be stand much of a chance vs the elite females in boxing, and I thought that I made that clear. But she would be one of the best of the rest in terms of p4p. Gina is a small lady, and is in the 135 range, not many elite female fighters that small, I think that she could win a title fairly easy with a couple years on the job.

Women's boxing may not be " advanced " whatever that's supposed to mean, but either way, boxers train day in and day out throwing punches. MMA fighters? They focus on a number of things, so it's highly unlikely that ANY MMA fighter is gonna go into boxing and be able to whoop people who dedicate themselves to the art of boxing. Doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:52 AM   #8
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

she's definitly one of the prettiest girl in combat sports.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #9
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Women's boxing may not be " advanced " whatever that's supposed to mean, but either way, boxers train day in and day out throwing punches. MMA fighters? They focus on a number of things, so it's highly unlikely that ANY MMA fighter is gonna go into boxing and be able to whoop people who dedicate themselves to the art of boxing. Doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman.
your not reading my posts. Im talking that she becomes a boxer, Im not saying that she could walk into a ring and win a title. I will be the first to tell you that I dont think that any mma person man or woman would walk into a ring and walk out a champ. I think there would be 0 chance of that. As I stated in my previous post that given a few year Carano would be able to win a title with little problem.

As far as women boxing not being that advanced, what i mean by that is simple, were are just now getting to the point were little girl boxers are becoming pro boxers. Most of todays top female fighters have only recently come to the sport. I can tell you first hand from working with kids in the gym. We have three girls that have been fighting for over 7 years, age 14, 16, and 19. When those kinds of girls start to turn pro then the sport will start to become more advanced, as long as you have ladies starting up at 28 you have a lack of skilled talented fighters, not to mention that I think that its a pretty well known fact that women decline much faster then men, with the way that the female body changes in order to perform its natural duties.

PS for those of you dont know who we are talking about

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum