boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: How will it end?
50-0 Unbeaten. Beats Paq/Martinez at 154+ 34 34.69%
43-0 Unbeaten - no big challenges recently 33 33.67%
Loses once to an underdog. Retires 44-1ish 13 13.27%
Loses to Cotto - Jail - Retires 1 1.02%
Finally takes on a challenge and loses (Paq/Martinez) 17 17.35%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #106
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

When did I rate Pacman?
Floyd has waited 'til Cotto is way past either of his best weights, 140 and 147. So if you're being that ridiculous Anyway, you're an alt and I will find out who you were.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #107
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P Sky View Post
You never answered me. Why did Pacquiao demand that Cotto must weigh in at 145lbs?

Floyd hasnt waited 'til Cotto is way past either of his best weights, 140 and 147.' Hes waited for him to leave Mr Arum. Shame Manny didnt leave him ages ago, he would be better off financially and would have fought, and lost, to Floyd already.
No extra points for Floyd, ain't my fault he doesn't get on with Arum.

And I agree with the bold bit
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #108
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

I DON'T CARE WHETHER HE'S A DUCKER OR NOT!!! Fact is, he never fought 'em, fought worse fighters, and therefore doesn't get the credit for it.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #109
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

"Floyd always has an alibi for avoiding a challenge."

This!

He is nowhere NEAR the top 25 ATG List, nowhere near it.

He has got a tremendous skill-set, but he hasn't got the bottle to go with it, i'm afraid.

IF he would of beaten Cotto and Margarito in '07, Williams and Pavlik in '08, Pac in '09, Berto in '10 and say Martinez last year THEN you'd have to respect him. No two ways about it, you wouldn't be able to knock his record. Ever.

****, he could of gone up to MW and TOYED with Pavlik and had Kelly's old title imho.

With Floyd it's ALWAYS going to be a case of "Should of, Would of, Could of".

The sad part of it is that he is going to be broke in a few years due to him not really having any avenues at all where he can make money like his fight purses.

For someone who is the "cash cow" who even sponsors him that we all know of?

Federer is with Gillette and some chocolate brand (he is always on British TV adverts) yet Floyd, for being the biggest name in Boxing, is irrelevant in most cases.

He SHOULD do this...

Beat Cotto
Fight Pac
Fight Khan
Fight Canelo
Retire.

He could walk away with say $160 Million from those fights AND what he already has (probably $40-50 million), Move to a tax free country and spend the rest of his life chilling

****, if he looked after his dough he could of probably walked away with $400+ Million all in all.
Nipple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #110
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Corrales was undefeated
And horribly weight-drained and in the middle of sentencing proceedings. Floyd would have kicked the **** out of him anyway, but you need to take the context into account.

Quote:
Golden girl ODLH was Light Middlewight champion and had defeated Mayorga by KO.
And hadn't fought for 18 months between Hopkins beating him and that. He'd already lost to Sturm pretty clearly, whatever the cards said. A good win, but the manner in which Floyd won counts against it.

Quote:
PBF fought ODLH at Jumior Midddleweight no catch wright ****.
Because he had to. Shame he hasn't applied that same courage to Sergio Martinez.

Quote:
Mosley had just destroyed the feared Margarito
And had been inactive for 18 months and looked shot after the second round. he was 38 FFS!

Quote:
I can go on and on but pointless as there is nothing wrong with Floyds resume.
What about failing to honour a weight-stipulation with the much smaller Juan Manuel Marquez?

Does that not put a crimp in the win? I'd say so. If Floyd didn't stack the deck in his favour so much, he wouldn't get so much ****.

He's got a decent record, but he avoided more meaningful fights while he was in his prime. Cotto, Margarito, Williams... Even if you say the first two wouldn't happen because of Arum (a pretty daft attitude for career-high paydays), there was no excuse that the Williams fight didn't happen.

Last edited by dftaylor; 04-18-2012 at 01:59 PM.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #111
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Again, to my main man Olu: NOTHING WRONG, with Floyds record.

It just that there are far better.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #112
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,044
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
And horribly weight-drained and in the middle of sentencing proceedings. Floyd would have kicked the **** out of him anyway, but you need to take the context into account.



And hadn't fought for 18 months between Hopkins beating him and that. He'd already lost to Sturm pretty clearly, whatever the cards said. A good win, but the manner in which Floyd won counts against it.



Because he had to. Shame he hasn't applied that same courage to Sergio Martinez.



And had been inactive for 18 months and looked shot after the second round. he was 38 FFS!



What about failing to honour a weight-stipulation with the much smaller Juan Manuel Marquez?

Does that not put a crimp in the win? I'd say so. If Floyd didn't stack the deck in his favour so much, he wouldn't get so much ****.

He's got a decent record, but he avoided more meaningful fights while he was in his prime. Cotto, Margarito, Williams... Even if you say the first two wouldn't happen because of Arum (a pretty daft attitude for career-high paydays), there was no excuse that the Williams fight didn't happen.
PBF tried to make 144 against Marquez but was unable to get below 146. He paid the price by forfeiting some extra cash to Marquez. His performance against Marquez and Marquez's last fight with Pacman tell a lot. You dislike PBF which is why you don't give him a fair shake. Fleaman takes an honorable position in that he respects PBF's accomplishments but just feels in the long history of the sport there are others with more impressive resumes. What cannot be doubted is that PBF is the best of his era. In accordance with the words of Bernard Hopkins the Executioner "The best fighter of this era my era is Floyd Mayweather Junior". I don't dislike Pacman at all. In fact I am rather fond of him I just know PBF is better than him and should the fight ever happen you may be shocked that it is not very competitive.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #113
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
PBF tried to make 144 against Marquez but was unable to get below 146. He paid the price by forfeiting some extra cash to Marquez. His performance against Marquez and Marquez's last fight with Pacman tell a lot. You dislike PBF which is why you don't give him a fair shake. Fleaman takes an honorable position in that he respects PBF's accomplishments but just feels in the long history of the sport there are others with more impressive resumes. What cannot be doubted is that PBF is the best of his era. In accordance with the words of Bernard Hopkins the Executioner "The best fighter of this era my era is Floyd Mayweather Junior". I don't dislike Pacman at all. In fact I am rather fond of him I just know PBF is better than him and should the fight ever happen you may be shocked that it is not very competitive.
Olu, that is patent nonsense. Floyd is an dislikeable person, but that doesn't have any effect on my opinion of him as a fighter.

I do believe Floyd has cherry picked since the rematch with Castillo. He's also fought some good fighters, but there were better fights on the table each time that he avoided.

I'll say it again, Floyd is an exceptional fighter. He has a remarkable skill set, real grit in the ring, and would be competitive head to head with pretty much any fighter from 130 to 147. Historically though he hasn't beaten the sort of competition to really make me go: HOLY ****ING ****, THIS GUY IS GREAT!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #114
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: the horseshoe
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
PBF tried to make 144 against Marquez but was unable to get below 146. He paid the price by forfeiting some extra cash to Marquez. His performance against Marquez and Marquez's last fight with Pacman tell a lot. You dislike PBF which is why you don't give him a fair shake. Fleaman takes an honorable position in that he respects PBF's accomplishments but just feels in the long history of the sport there are others with more impressive resumes. What cannot be doubted is that PBF is the best of his era. In accordance with the words of Bernard Hopkins the Executioner "The best fighter of this era my era is Floyd Mayweather Junior". I don't dislike Pacman at all. In fact I am rather fond of him I just know PBF is better than him and should the fight ever happen you may be shocked that it is not very competitive.
I think pacman has fought better fighters in their primes and beaten them more impressively, imo he is the better fighter, even a loss to floyd would put him above floyd imo
Jimjom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #115
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

I have to say, the excuse(s) of, 'The fights with so and so didn’t happen because of Arum', has got to be the lamest **** I’ve heard. You can’t go around avoiding/delaying fights with people because you don’t like their promoter. I mean, for ****’s sake, if you’re a guy like Mayweather where you have the power to make a fight with anyone at any time, how in the **** can you continuously run into situations where you weren’t given the opportunity to fight the best? Marg, Cotto, Williams, and now Pac, were all there in their primes for him to face and beat. It says a lot how he failed to fight even one of them; choosing instead to go into retirements, vacations, demanding special testing, and now unfair financial demands.

And he wants to be treated as the greatest fighter of all time? Pfft. Get ****ed, Floyd. You’re good, but you’re not that good.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #116
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,044
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

The fact of the matter is that he is unbeaten and has beat the best fighter in every division he has fought bar the Light Welterweight division which he made up for when Hatton stepped up in weight.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #117
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
The fact of the matter is that he is unbeaten and has beat the best fighter in every division he has fought bar the Light Welterweight division which he made up for when Hatton stepped up in weight.
He made up for it when he made the light-welter champion step up from his best weight?

Consistent logic there, Olu.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #118
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,044
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Olu, that is patent nonsense. Floyd is an dislikeable person, but that doesn't have any effect on my opinion of him as a fighter.

I do believe Floyd has cherry picked since the rematch with Castillo. He's also fought some good fighters, but there were better fights on the table each time that he avoided.

I'll say it again, Floyd is an exceptional fighter. He has a remarkable skill set, real grit in the ring, and would be competitive head to head with pretty much any fighter from 130 to 147. Historically though he hasn't beaten the sort of competition to really make me go: HOLY ****ING ****, THIS GUY IS GREAT!
I am sorry to say and I really am but your own words potray your negative opinion him as you call him a dislikeable person. Whether he is or not is irrelevant but it clearly affect your opinion on him. I have no issue with his competition. Beating Baldomir and Zab Judah the linear champions at 147 at the time is not to be sniffed at. His record at Junior Lightweight was outstanding as were his performances. At lightweight he beat Castillo the best fighter there twice. At 140 he was not able to face Tyzu who was out because of injury and he moved up to 147 to dominate. Please don't go on about that cheat and criminal Margarito being avoided. PBF comprehensively defeated his conqueror Mosley. In fact I refuse to carry on this debate as Mayweather's record does not need to be defended at all. Even a blind person would acknowledge this. I am sorry but I feel strongly about this. All due respect.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #119
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
I am sorry to say and I really am but your own words potray your negative opinion him as you call him a dislikeable person. Whether he is or not is irrelevant but it clearly affect your opinion on him. I have no issue with his competition. Beating Baldomir and Zab Judah the linear champions at 147 at the time is not to be sniffed at. His record at Junior Lightweight was outstanding as were his performances. At lightweight he beat Castillo the best fighter there twice. At 140 he was not able to face Tyzu who was out because of injury and he moved up to 147 to dominate. Please don't go on about that cheat and criminal Margarito being avoided. PBF comprehensively defeated his conqueror Mosley. In fact I refuse to carry on this debate as Mayweather's record does not need to be defended at all. Even a blind person would acknowledge this. I am sorry but I feel strongly about this. All due respect.
Em... ok.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #120
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
The fact of the matter is that he is unbeaten and has beat the best fighter in every division he has fought bar the Light Welterweight division which he made up for when Hatton stepped up in weight.

spadafora is unbeaten.
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015