Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
Eoghan
Journeyman

vCash: 511
Default Robert Helenius

Who do you reckon Brian Nielsen mk II will fight next? I have a horrible feeling it will be Audley, continuing his history of fighting shot versions of past champions and challengers/contenders of the past
Eoghan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robert Helenius

Chisora rematch?
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
Mr. Iron Chin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 90

What's the point Robert would just win again and this time by big KO!
Mr. Iron Chin is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Iron Chin
What's the point Robert would just win again and this time by big KO!
Then it is a win/win situation then!

I think Helenius would be favoured, but like Chisora, I fear he is going backwards not forward in an attempt to show himself world class.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
satchmo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Helenius has a chronical injury in his right hand and now the injury is his biggest worry. Future doesnt look good for him.
satchmo is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Eoghan
Journeyman

vCash: 511

Thanks for that satchmo, yeah, tbh, even before the Chisora fight he had been in tough contests with people far from their peak, and even afterwards, he wasn't convincing vs Sprott (19 defeats at the time ffs!), but he was highly rated by the governing bodies, so could have had a title shot coming up, but not looking likely now
Eoghan is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
satchmo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Its hard to look convincing (the sprott fight) with a broken hand, but all in all Helenius hasnt looked convincing in a long time.
satchmo is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #8
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Helenius looking like crap in his fights and staying injured is big hit for finnish boxing scene.. I feel like robert's train passed by, he lost his monentum it is shame... I would love to know what is going on his mind, he still have hunger to be champ..
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
MyName
Simon Adebisi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7331

Doesn't matter if he has the hunger if that hand doesn't heal up.
MyName is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Any word from him or team Helenius how his hand is healing up.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
satchmo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He can start punching in the late summer and if the hand holds a comeback/tune-up in the fall/winter. This is from his father at finnish boxing forum
satchmo is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #12
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
He can start punching in the late summer and if the hand holds a comeback/tune-up in the fall/winter. This is from his father at finnish boxing forum
but geez, he had broken his hand something like four times now.

I like Robert, but this might be a Joe Messi type situation- maybe he should hang em up with his head held high rather than risk a serious knock out.

If he can come back, though, then I am behind him.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2013, 05:04 AM   #13
satchmo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

There was a story of him in the finnish sport news just the other day. He cant punch right now with his right hand, and they are doing fysio and waitin for the hand to heal. Helenius is also doing yoga to reinforce the hand..........The injury in the sprott fight was much worse than reported at the time. The hand is not broken, but it is a serious tendon problem. Healing has been slow.

Its really sad to see his career going like this. I have never expected him to be a champion, but he could give hard fights to all current contenders. He is still a solid heavyweight contender/good journeyman with decent skills, beard and a punch. The job he did to Peter and Liakhovich were a thing of beauty.
satchmo is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #14
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
There was a story of him in the finnish sport news just the other day. He cant punch right now with his right hand, and they are doing fysio and waitin for the hand to heal. Helenius is also doing yoga to reinforce the hand..........The injury in the sprott fight was much worse than reported at the time. The hand is not broken, but it is a serious tendon problem. Healing has been slow.

Its really sad to see his career going like this. I have never expected him to be a champion, but he could give hard fights to all current contenders. He is still a solid heavyweight contender/good journeyman with decent skills, beard and a punch. The job he did to Peter and Liakhovich were a thing of beauty.
IDK about that. Jason Gvaern is a solid journeyman and he couldnt beat a 43 y/o Maskaev.
Neither Peter nor Liakovivh were shot, and Brewster wasnt either. robbe took their best shots then stalked them and beat them all down.

The true career threatening injury is the shoulder tear he suffered during training camp for DelBoy. Since it didnt cause him too much trouble in the Sprott or Williams fights....I think a good period of rest and perhaps a slight change of the angle he delivers his cross from, will solve the broken/injured hand problem without taking away from his power.

As far as the OP.....who he fights next......

Who cares.....it will be nobody less than the top 100 in the world, and he'll likely have a couple of those in a row until his hand/shoulder is proven healthy.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Who cares.....it will be nobody less than the top 100 in the world, and he'll likely have a couple of those in a row until his hand/shoulder is proven healthy.
You have to face the facts thou.. Time is running up with Robert, he is almost 30 years old now... This kind of serious injury takes loooong time.

Helenius had that "drive" in him when he was blasting Brewsters, and Peters out on vicious fashion.

We all have seen kid can fight when he is fully health... He isnt the most skilled but he can fukin fight.

This is major setback for whole finnish professional boxing what happened to his career if you guys only knew... Who will fill the arenas now who is carrying the torch..

btw. chitownfightfan, go and learn some finnish or use google translate and then go to finnish boxing site boxing.fi father of Robert is writing there about his son.. I mean Karl Helenius is one of the funnies mother fukers I have ever fitnessed on World wide web.
MaliBua is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum