Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Unhappy Matchroom secure 20+ dates on sky sports, malony a few,Hatton none. Manipulation ?

Appaerntly matchroom have secured the buk of sky sports boxing slots for the new season, hattons last show on the network will be the quig munroe card and he hasnt gotten any dates, and malony has got a few, supposedly for price, Eddie seems to be going the gbp-HBO route and seems like he has sky in his back pocket, although i think he is probably the best of the promoters giving him this huge slot will just encourage him to make mismatches and has taken hatton out of the picture, who could have had some decent dates with qugg, murray and maybe even towers.

EDIT***

HATTON RESPONDS

Ricky Hatton MBE ‏ @realrickyhatton
Just landed in hong kong.what a trek that was. Just landed and get a load of tweets of sympathy as people have found out that sky have Pulled the plug on my dates.thank you to all who have sent best wishes. I have a load of champions and a to stable so HP will consider other Avenues for my lads. I guess if you want loyalty by a dog.

Last edited by iron_chin; 04-25-2012 at 08:21 PM.
iron_chin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom secure 20+ dates on sky sports, malony a few,Hatton none. Manipulation

Not surprised Matchroom have got most of the dates - they provide Sky with a lot of content but Hatton out? They always seem to put on stacked cards as well. Wishful thinking but it'd be great if they could work something out with Channel 5
ishy is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Bryn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2221
Default Re: Matchroom secure 20+ dates on sky sports, malony a few,Hatton none. Manipulation

Hatton to BoxNation.
Bryn is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hearn in the recent past has been putting on the best shows, so....

Still, I'm not in favour of any guarantee to anyone, if they want the TV money they should approach whoever is in charge with a proposal.

I'd rather have fewer Brook vs Hatton type cards or Mag 7's than a pointless ''young kid vs Afrobum'' for a Commonwealth title every week in front of Phil, Steve and Patch at some sports centre.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
The Buture
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Shame Hatton has no dates, put on a few interesting fights and been improving. Hatton to boxnation? I hope not... to Channel 5!
The Buture is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Not surprised Matchroom have got most of the dates - they provide Sky with a lot of content but Hatton out? They always seem to put on stacked cards as well. Wishful thinking but it'd be great if they could work something out with Channel 5
Not you as well Ishy!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dont you have previous of talking a load of shite?
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
Hearn in the recent past has been putting on the best shows, so....

Still, I'm not in favour of any guarantee to anyone, if they want the TV money they should approach whoever is in charge with a proposal.

I'd rather have fewer Brook vs Hatton type cards or Mag 7's than a pointless ''young kid vs Afrobum'' for a Commonwealth title every week in front of Phil, Steve and Patch at some sports centre.

even if it cost the same as a pint of beer a week?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479

Don't see why they wouldn't give Hatton some dates. With ***** out of the picture and Maloney close to retirement then unless they are seriously scaling back the number of dates then I'm surprised.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Adam Smith clearly has the hots for Eddie Hearn.
The Genius is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

im not talki shite, im not like that tv obsessed guy that always made tv threads, cant remember his name.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajingo View Post
Don't see why they wouldn't give Hatton some dates. With ***** out of the picture and Maloney close to retirement then unless they are seriously scaling back the number of dates then I'm surprised.
Malonoey was talking shit, he has signed at least 2 fighter since that retirement statement,

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
Adam Smith clearly has the hots for Eddie Hearn.
Johnny nelson goes to the phillipines for a week and look what he gets up to, a total slut that adam smith.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479

He's not bullshitting, it's on the scene.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #14
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboy86 View Post
Dont you have previous of talking a load of shite?
It's on the scene
ishy is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

would prize fighter come under these dates aswell? cuz i cant stand it and i hope there not planning to ram it full of those.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum