Hatton 25 62.50%
Bradley 15 37.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #16
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343
Default Re: Booradley vs Hatton: Who you got? (140 lbs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
I love how you skip everything I put down Admit it, you agree with me

Yes, I do. As you mentioned before; Mayweather adapts. So you HAVE to vary your attack. Otherwise he adapts to your one game plan and picks you apart.

Surely you can see that

Cotto is a converted southpaw, again you're right. He needs to use both hands against Mayweather. You aren't beating him with one hand! Cotto's right hand is also much improved, Steward started the improvement, the shoulder surgery seems to of given it some snap back (See Margo 2 fight) and Pedro Diaz seems to of developed it further. Cotto's right hand is not as good as his left, but it's by no means redundant.
So,you are actually saying that Cotto will have to develop his right hand!!!!! Otherwise, how can a one-handed fighter have variety with one left hand, that happens to be his powerhand, that coincidentally, is also his lead hand.

If he got years to do that, sure. Otherwise, fighters will revert back to their old self once the fight starts.

In a dream world, for Cotto to win, he must do what gayweather does, but better which is basically what you are espousing. Realistically, in a real world, can Cotto become more varied than say, Zab judah? **** No! I never saw it in the margarito fight, nor in the foreman fight.

A trainer looks for vulnerabilities in the oppsing fighter and exploit it and improve what is the strength. Not try to convert a pressure fighter to a boxer,like Mayweather did to hatton. One thing that the shoulder roll is vulnerable is body punch, espcially a winging one since the trunk is too broad to be defended. Cotto is a good body puncher but he throws them a bit straight, like a hook.It won't pass a stance that Mayweather employs even if he is not in shoulder roll. Gayweather is entirely not squared compare to a conventional fighter.This decreases the target area, but it could also explain why Gayweather does not seemto have pop inhis punch. Because there should be no reason why he can not punch hard aside if the hand problem is recurring up to now.

Last edited by pejevan; 04-20-2012 at 01:10 AM.
pejevan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #17
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
So,you are actually saying that Cotto will have to develop his right hand!!!!! Otherwise, how can a one-handed fighter have variety with one left hand, that happens to be his powerhand, that coincidentally, is also his lead hand.

If he got years to do that, sure. Otherwise, fighters will revert back to their old self once the fight starts.

In a dream world, for Cotto to win, he must do what gayweather does, but better. Realistically,in a real world, can Cotto become more varied than say, Zab judah? **** No! I never saw it in the margarito fight, nor in the foreman fight.
He has been developing the right hand, it's good enough to be a factor.

Cotto's lead hand is a big plus for him, DLH was a converted southpaw too and that helped Oscar out alot.

Zab Judah wasn't varied, a solid right jab, lightning fast straight left and an uppercut. Decent right hook. Not much else.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #18
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict

what he said
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #19
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict

Quote:
Bradley won't be able to keep Hatton off of him IMO. Ricky had quicker feet too.

He's so under rated on this forum it's a joke; then again this place has guys who think RJJ was a hype job, so I won't take it to heart.

what he said. I think Hatton would be all over em in the inside.
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #20
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

Quote:
He has been developing the right hand, it's good enough to be a factor.

Cotto's lead hand is a big plus for him, DLH was a converted southpaw too and that helped Oscar out alot.

Zab Judah wasn't varied, a solid right jab, lightning fast straight left and an uppercut. Decent right hook. Not much else.
I am not saying that Judah is multi-varied but he has more dimension to his offense than Cotto.

Cotto has a left hook tothe body,a left hook to the head, what else????let me think...... An occassional left straight, a left uppercut, .

It did not exactly benefit Oscar. It is what he is. He could have been better if he had a right hand. They were joking about how Oscar never throws his right hand in the Pac fight. One handed fighters are easily neutralized by moving away fromthat dominant hand. In Cotto's case,his left hand. One thing with these converted southpaws is that there jab has power, not exactly KO power, but better than just rangefinders, which is what most boxers use with their jab.

Boxing is a sport of habit and training one guy to suddenly become two handed fighter takes years because in order to do that, you have to fight the instinct of throwing a thing you are not used to.There is a term in sports physiology for that..... I think it is muscle memory. It islikeyou are right handed and wirte with your right hand. Try writing with your left hand (not entirely same because fine motor skill is harder to learn) andit would take you months to to it.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #21
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I am not saying that Judah is multi-varied but he has more dimension to his offense than Cotto.

Cotto has a left hook tothe body,a left hook to the head, what else????let me think...... An occassional left straight, a left uppercut, .

It did not exactly benefit Oscar. It is what he is. He could have been better if he had a right hand. They were joking about how Oscar never throws his right hand in the Pac fight. One handed fighters are easily neutralized by moving away fromthat dominant hand. In Cotto's case,his left hand. One thing with these converted southpaws is that there jab has power, not exactly KO power, but better than just rangefinders, which is what most boxers use with their jab.

Boxing is a sport of habit and training one guy to suddenly become two handed fighter takes years because in order to do that, you have to fight the instinct of throwing a thing you are not used to.There is a term in sports physiology for that..... I think it is muscle memory. It islikeyou are right handed and wirte with your right hand. Try writing with your left hand (not entirely same because fine motor skill is harder to learn) andit would take you months to to it.
It wouldn't, I'm left handed

Cotto has a jab, he can uppercut with both hands, throw a straight right to the body, get up on his toes; come forward and fight with aggression etc.

Yes, Boxing is a sport of Habbit. That will probably be Cotto's down fall.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #22
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

Quote:
It wouldn't, I'm left handed

Does that mean that since you are left ahnded,and a converted southpaw too, that your right hand is as good as mayweather's? Try writing with the right then and tellme how easy it is to learn it.

Cotto has a jab, he can uppercut with both hands, throw a straight right to the body, get up on his toes; come forward and fight with aggression etc.

Yes, Boxing is a sport of Habbit. That will probably be Cotto's down fall.
He can come forward with aggression etc, but he can only throw two hands!!!! Either the left or right. In worse of conditions,he will be throwing the left solely!!!! You only saw Cotto's right when Pac baited him with that shell.

If you have the weight advantage,the size advantage, the power advantage, yet is severely outspeed, sou skilled, what can the fighter do to negate such disadvantage?
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:50 AM   #23
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
He can come forward with aggression etc, but he can only throw two hands!!!! Either the left or right. In worse of conditions,he will be throwing the left solely!!!! You only saw Cotto's right when Pac baited him with that shell.

If you have the weight advantage,the size advantage, the power advantage, yet is severely outspeed, sou skilled, what can the fighter do to negate such disadvantage?
Hope to be superior tactically. Pedro Diaz has a huge part to play.

Just because he doesn't hold advantages in areas, it doesn't mean he should ignore them; not by any means. Cotto is better technically, than he was for the Pacquaio fight. Steward and Diaz are a big improvement on Joe Santiago. There is a right hand there, not a brilliant one; but not a poor one by any means.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #24
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hope to be superior tactically. Pedro Diaz has a huge part to play.

Just because he doesn't hold advantages in areas, it doesn't mean he should ignore them; not by any means. Cotto is better technically, than he was for the Pacquaio fight. Steward and Diaz are a big improvement on Joe Santiago. There is a right hand there, not a brilliant one; but not a poor one by any means.
I get you!!!! But Cotto's right hand would not even be 1/4 Gayweather's right hand.

It is not the powerhand, it is not even fast, it can probably throw straights most of the time, with occassional sprinklingof uppercuts if the distance is good, but it is not a CONFIDENT hand.

I am not saying that it should not be developed but if you put your ace on winning the fight with a developed right hand, you might as well pack your bags.

Since you train fighters, what would be your first assumption with regards to that right hand at fight time?

Would you be assured that it would be there against the caliber of gayweather or it would just disappear!!!! Otherwise,you employ a different strategy. It is called worst case scenario planning.

I enjoyed discussing with you and let us leave it at that!!!!
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #25
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

How did this turn into Cotto vs Judah
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #26
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Hatton wins a TD 96-94 after being stopped from tim's headbutts leading to multiple cuts for Ricky. Close but hard fought, pretty ugly fight.
Webbiano is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #27
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Hatton winning a just short of wide UD, 116-112 or something along them lines.
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #28
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
How did this turn into Cotto vs Judah
Pejevan leads me astray
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #29
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

Miguel Cotto TKO 11 Zab Judah.
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #30
Tyler-Durden
Champion
East Side Guru

Bradley leaves the ring on a stretcher.
Tyler-Durden is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum