Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Gamboa vs Abril at 135lbs, who takes it?
Gamboa by stoppage or decision. 30 76.92%
Abril by stoppage or decision. 3 7.69%
It's hard to say but fun fight! 7 17.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
Cuban Bon Bon
Proverbs 9:10
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Gamboa vs Abril @135 pounds, Cuba vs Cuba, who you got?

who is lee selby then?
Cuban Bon Bon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

The guy who got kicked out of the gym for putting Gamboa on his backside and left him crawling up queer street before his fisherman friends stole from the young lads bag like the scum they are.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Bon Bon View Post
who is lee selby then?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
Cuban Bon Bon
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Lee Selby. Sparred with Gamboa in Mayweather's gym, landed some good shots and ended up flooring Yuriorkis (no big deal, that's sparring, it happens). However, Gamboa's team then stopped the session, kicked Selby out of the gym and stole his Dre's.

Now the Gamboa fans want to act like that's normal for a sparring session

At the wild card you get $1000 dollars for flooring Manny. Knock Gamboa down and you get booted out the gym and your Dre's get stolen. Make of that what you will.
where you there?
Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Bon Bon View Post
where you there?
here we go . . .
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
Ready 2 Rumble
Campeon Nacional Mexicano

I got Gamboa winning.. I am not impressed with Abril's holding and clinching like some people are.. LMAO Some people jump on the bandwagon way too soon. IMO Abril is a bum!!
Ready 2 Rumble is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #22
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Lee Selby. Sparred with Gamboa in Mayweather's gym, landed some good shots and ended up flooring Yuriorkis (no big deal, that's sparring, it happens). However, Gamboa's team then stopped the session, kicked Selby out of the gym and stole his Dre's.

At the wild card you get $1000 dollars for flooring Manny. Knock Gamboa down and you get booted out the gym and your Dre's get stolen. Make of that what you will.

Now check this out;
Yuriorkis Gamboa ,Olympic and world champ as an amateur that turned pro and conquered a belt before his 20 fight and has beaten the kinds of Orlando salido,ponce de Leon,Jorge solis.Those are facts seen on tv,not gym rumors.
If Shelby is so good maybe one day he gets a chance against Gamboa in the ring.Like Rico Ramos vs Rigondeaux and that way we know the veracity of the rumors.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #23
Cuban Bon Bon
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
Now check this out;
Yuriorkis Gamboa ,Olympic and world champ as an amateur that turned pro and conquered a belt before his 20 fight and has beaten the kinds of Orlando salido,ponce de Leon,Jorge solis.Those are facts seen on tv,not gym rumors.
If Shelby is so good maybe one day he gets a chance against Gamboa in the ring.Like Rico Ramos vs Rigondeaux and that way we know the veracity of the rumors.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

wtf is Abril? Oh, it's that guy that made Rios look like shit and lose his title on the scales, isn't it?
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
boxingfanneato
what would MORALES do!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
I'll take Gamboa...styles make fights and I don't think Abril would be able to put much of any leather on Gamboa.
Hes been touched by lesser fighters. Idk if he kan be hurt by abril not a one sided blow out like people think but I think gamboa wins. 8-4 somewhere in that range
boxingfanneato is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #26
TeamSaintGG-CFC
Destined DeFail

vCash: 435

Stealing another mans dre's after getting knocked down is just plain wrong! Abril by KO!
TeamSaintGG-CFC is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #27
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:

You still believe that lie ? , give it a rest dude .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #28
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

Gamboa sparks Abril. . . Way too fast. . .

Isn't it messed up how Abril gets to still have his family, and citizenship, respect, etc. in Cuba, while Gamboa, and others had to jump ship? You think it had something to do with Abril being white, while 95% of other Cuban boxers being black? I do know that racism is very alive, and well there. . . It's so obvious. . . Pretty much every single position of power is held by a white cuban, and while the wealth is pretty evenly dispersed (when compared to westernized countries), the real poverty-stricken areas are all black?

Probably nothing whatsoever, but it's just kinda weird.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #29
Cuban Bon Bon
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan View Post

Isn't it messed up how Abril gets to still have his family, and citizenship, respect, etc. in Cuba, while Gamboa, and others had to jump ship? You think it had something to do with Abril being white, while 95% of other Cuban boxers being black? I do know that racism is very alive, and well there. . . It's so obvious. . . Pretty much every single position of power is held by a white cuban, and while the wealth is pretty evenly dispersed (when compared to westernized countries), the real poverty-stricken areas are all black?

Hey buddy, great assesment. I also think that Gamboa is way too fast and naturally more talented and stronger than Abril, so he beats him pretty easily.

Let me clarify that while Abril may look white to the untrained eye he is not. He is partially mixed between whites and blacks as you can clearly see African traits in his face from up close. It's extremely difficult to find a 100% pure white Cuban boxer ( at the highest levels ), it's not impossible but very hard to find. The only one that I know of is undefeated prospect Angelo Santana ( from Cuba ). I say from Cuba cause there are some South Florida born Cubans who box and they are mostly whites but they are not considered from the Cuban boxing schools.

Most Cuban whites are not into boxing, they may watch it but don't participate in it. You talk to any white Cuban and 99% of them will say " that's for black people " and I say this cause I have talked to many of them. I also heard that Abril has some advantages over there but don't know exactly why...
Old 04-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #30
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan View Post

Can Rene Arocha go to Cuba and visit his family ? , or Kendry Morales ? , they are white too .It has nothing to do with race , the only reason Abril is allowed to box pro and go to Cuba is that Abril didn't " defected " like Gamboa or Rigo , and why Abril didn't need to defect ? : because he wasn't a elite boxer in Cuba , he never won an Olympic gold medal or a World Championship so he's allowed to go and visit . NO ELITE CUBAN SPORTMEN OF ANY SPORT IS ALLOWED TO GO BACK . Abril didn't need to " defect " . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum