boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #46
MAIN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Brandon Rios didnt even try to lose weight all day Friday before the weigh in

no love for either one, but i wouldn't mind seeing victor beat this guy at 47

khan at 140 would be good too for all that **** he did about roach
MAIN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #47
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Brandon Rios didnt even try to lose weight all day Friday before the weigh in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
He agreed to come in at 135 after failing to make the weight against Murray and once again he failed to make the weight only to weigh in two pounds heavier on his second attempt. He's a liar and a ****ing cheat. Case closed.

So basically, he should've killed himself to lose 2 lbs that he didn't think he could lose so that some random internet boxing forum posters wouldn't call him a cheater.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #48
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
He had nothing left to lose except bone and muscle.
That's a ****ing exaggeration... And a half.

Tell us, how does Bum Bum's nutsack taste?
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #49
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
So basically, he should've killed himself to lose 2 lbs that he didn't think he could lose so that some random internet boxing forum posters wouldn't call him a cheater.
No, he should have weighed in at or under 135 because he agreed to and those are the ****ing rules.
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #50
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
lol ur green as ****
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #51
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
ok and what did Robert say?
Rios rested and waited for the weigh in. He didn't eat or drink but he rested. You are missing the point that they had tried to do all the things that would normally take off the last two pounds the night before and nothing had worked. It would have been pointless to keep trying and sap Rios' energy further. As a trainer I would never allow a fighter to go through that stress the day before a 12 round bout. I have fasted a full week, taking nothing but water and I know how weak a person gets. After a week your body starts to weaken and you don't even want to eat. Rios was not even taking water. His kidneys were functioning at a minimum and he was weakened by the efforts from the day before.
Flatlander is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #52
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
That's a ****ing exaggeration... And a half.

Tell us, how does Bum Bum's nutsack taste?
You are a low class punk wannabe. You wouldn't last a second in the world Brandon and I come from.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #53
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Rios rested and waited for the weigh in. He didn't eat or drink but he rested. You are missing the point that they had tried to do all the things that would normally take off the last two pounds the night before and nothing had worked. It would have been pointless to keep trying and sap Rios' energy further. As a trainer I would never allow a fighter to go through that stress the day before a 12 round bout. I have fasted a full week, taking nothing but water and I know how weak a person gets. After a week your body starts to weaken and you don't even want to eat. Rios was not even taking water. His kidneys were not functioning at a minimum and he was weakened by the efforts from the day before.
wait they didnt try and do anything on Friday correct?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #54
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

Quote:
Rios rested and waited for the weigh in. He didn't eat or drink but he rested. You are missing the point that they had tried to do all the things that would normally take off the last two pounds the night before and nothing had worked. It would have been pointless to keep trying and sap Rios' energy further. As a trainer I would never allow a fighter to go through that stress the day before a 12 round bout. I have fasted a full week, taking nothing but water and I know how weak a person gets. After a week your body starts to weaken and you don't even want to eat. Rios was not even taking water. His kidneys were not functioning at a minimum and he was weakened by the efforts from the day before.
Gotta love how you're acting as if he's some type of victim in this situation. The fact remains he signed on to fight at 135.
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #55
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
wait they didnt try and do anything on Friday correct?
He didn't eat or drink. That is quite a bit of doing something. Did you not catch the part where Roberto said, "A person normally loses 1 1/2 pounds when they sleep". Brandon stayed at 137 no matter what they tried. So to do anything more extreme would have been pointless.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #56
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

Quote:
You are a low class punk wannabe. You wouldn't last a second in the world Brandon and I come from.
You don't have a ****ing clue who I am, you fat, stupid ****. You're right, though, I wouldn't last a second in a nutsack licking contest against the likes of you. You're an ATG in that field.
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #57
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Gotta love how you're acting as if he's some type of victim in this situation. The fact remains he signed on to fight at 135.
Don't feel like any sort of victim in this. I was just pointing out that you are acting like a **** for no reason. It does not impress me or anyone else. It just makes you look like a ****. Trust me, I can out do you at being a **** if I wish to. Just ask anyone who has been here with me over the last 10 almost 11 years. You are fortunate to be talking to the kinder and gentler flatlander.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #58
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You don't have a ****ing clue who I am, you fat, stupid ****. You're right, though, I wouldn't last a second in a nutsack licking contest against the likes of you. You're an ATG in that field.
I know exactly who you are. I have dealt with wannabes like you my entire life. I just don't normally waste the effort of time with people such as you.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #59
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He didn't eat or drink. That is quite a bit of doing something. Did you not catch the part where Roberto said, "A person normally loses 1 1/2 pounds when they sleep". Brandon stayed at 137 no matter what they tried. So to do anything more extreme would have been pointless.
so he didnt do anything just admit it he didnt try on Friday.
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #60
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_g.o.a.t View Post
Well the quicker he moves upto 140 the better.

But a pure boxer will always give him trouble.
Pure Boxer? Hell any beltholder or top 5er at 140 will give him problems. He's not gonna run over those guys like he did Acosta and Peterson.
And as far as him moving to 147 goes, he'll be no better than top 20 level IMO.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum