Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
MrOliverKlozoff
The guy in shades
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default How does ANYONE not know Tyson punches holes through comeback Foreman?

I heard it again tonight. Good God. Foreman snowed so many of you people when he came back. I don't care how their styles suppodely match up. No heavyweight that age ever matches up with Tyson in any way shape or form that Tyson doesn't take him. Let alone a fat and old one who had a ten year retirement. Sorry. This has gotta stop. It's too silly. How many of you have deluded yourselves into belieivng this? Wake from your dream. WAKE FROM YOUR DREEEEEAAAAMMMM!!!
MrOliverKlozoff is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: How does ANYONE not know Tyson punches holes through comeback Foreman?

Your need to defend something that you say you believe is obvious, would suggest you might have at least subconscious doubts yourself...
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
MrOliverKlozoff
The guy in shades
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: How does ANYONE not know Tyson punches holes through comeback Foreman?

Needs are not the same as indulgences. Aren't you the guy that says Benitez wasn't a great fighter? Not interested. Go make me a sandwich with your fat grillin killin machine, dude.
MrOliverKlozoff is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

I hear Tyson wasn't aware of this theory himself, Klozoff.

PS: On a scale of 1-10, how drunk are you, exactly?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOliverKlozoff View Post
Needs are not the same as indulgences. Aren't you the guy that says Benitez wasn't a great fighter? Not interested. Go make me a sandwich with your fat grillin killin machine, dude.
Benitez was a brilliant fighter, and the fat grilling machine thing, is good, if a bit slow.

But anyway, this is not about me:

You are indulging us then with your subconscious concerns, then?

Good; acceptance is a first step...

But do not worry; Tyson would of been favourite, and probably would of won.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
Your need to defend something that you say you believe is obvious, would suggest you might have at least subconscious doubts yourself...
Another school of thought would be frustration that people actually buy into the notion that Foreman would have been all wrong for Mike.
ironchamp is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchamp View Post
Another school of thought would be frustration that people actually buy into the notion that Foreman would have been all wrong for Mike.
There is evidence to back that notion up though. But overall that evidence is probably flawed (Tyson and Frazier although physically similarly built, all be it Tyson 15-20lbs heavier, in their pomp, were different type of fighters. Also Foreman of 73 and 91 were two different fighters as well). Even Foreman himself suggested he probably would of lost.

But nothing hypothetical in boxing is set in stone. So I think it is fair comment if someone genuinely believes Foreman could of won. I would of favoured Tyson at the time and with hindsight, but I would also concede it is not as black and white as the initial statement of MrOliverKlozoff.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
There is evidence to back that notion up though. But overall that evidence is probably flawed (Tyson and Frazier although physically similarly built, all be it Tyson 15-20lbs heavier, in their pomp, were different type of fighters. Also Foreman of 73 and 91 were two different fighters as well). Even Foreman himself suggested he probably would of lost.

But nothing hypothetical in boxing is set in stone. So I think it is fair comment if someone genuinely believes Foreman could of won. I would of favoured with Tyson at the time and with hindsight, but I would also concede it is not as black and white as the initial statement of MrOliverKlozoff.
Don't call him ''Mr.", you'll only encourage him, T.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Tyson TKO. I can't see old George going down
Tyson knew the power George had, Tyson
would use effective defense and unload
hooks and uppercuts
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchamp View Post
This. It's gotten out of control. And that people believe the Frank Lotierzo BS article.
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I would have picked Tyson, without fear. Which is rare for me.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
clark
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Age would not be a factor with Foreman. It was his WEIGHT! If he was in the proper shape, things would have been different for him. He would
have stopped Holyfield. 257 pounds was just too high. Foreman would have given Tyson a hell of a time. Too bad it didn't happen. One could only guess on the outcome.
clark is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
Age would not be a factor with Foreman. It was his WEIGHT! If he was in the proper shape, things would have been different for him. He would
have stopped Holyfield. 257 pounds was just too high. Foreman would have given Tyson a hell of a time. Too bad it didn't happen. One could only guess on the outcome.
I agree that Foreman's weight was too high during his comeback. He would have been quicker if he had weighed 230 pounds, but he still would have lost against Holyfield and Tyson. The only thing Foreman might have troubled Tyson with was his durability; other than that, Foreman was too slow, too easy to hit, and too stationary to have even a remote chance against Tyson. Heck, Foreman couldn't even throw combinations, so his one-punch-at-a-time arsenal would have been laughed off by Tyson.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I just think what Alex Stewart was able to do to Big (Old and Slow) George and it sends shivers down me spine what Tyson would have done.
Seamus is online now  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
Watch Old George at 235lbs against Qawi in '88... he wasn't better lighter, in fact he was worse. In an interview on ESB he said the only way he made that weight in his comeback was by draining some water weight, & this made him angry & irritable like in his youth when he consistently did the same practice. It also reduces the cerebral fluid in the brain, likely explaining how the natural lightheavy in Qawi was able to briefly stun him. With George, when he dehydrated, he didn't rehydrate before the fight, like lower weight classes do. The Holy fight was his best form, mentally, physically & technically, Foreman was clearly highly motivated to fight Evander, & that was a surprisingly solid 257lbs, compare it how flabby he was at 250 against Moorer. Lighter doesn't always mean better conditioning.
Kalasinn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum