Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #91
Tin Man Waldo
Freakishly Fragile
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: How does ANYONE not know Tyson punches holes through comeback Foreman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
Tyson would bludgeon Foreman and put trademarks around his ****in eyes. The fight would be titled "Assassination day." Tyson KO 4 Foreman.
dis is wat i am agree with
Tin Man Waldo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #92
Jacquot
Cruiserweight Paper Champ
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How does ANYONE not know Tyson punches holes through comeback Foreman?

Tyson fans always give him too much credit.

Not sure if he actually would lose to Foreman, but he certainly isn't taking him out in 2 rounds or punching holes in him.
Jacquot is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #93
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Honestly, it depends, to me, on when.

The closer to peak Tyson is, the less realistic comebacking George's chances are.

There is such a thing as to fast and too radical. Tyson's power isn't at all a factor in this matchup, as much as his SPEED.

When he slows a touch and stops moving his head and his feet, he's a target, and its a BAD idea to be a target for Big George.

Tyson fought a couple punchers who could deliver impact on Foreman's level(Lewis and Ruddock), but he never fought a puncher who could deliver a shot as heavy as George Foreman could.

Having fought and sparred them both, George's power is an entirely different experience to Lewis. One hurt like hell, the other felt like a fist was going to come through the back of your head.

I give Foreman the edge as Tyson fades, and give a younger, champion Tyson a big edge when he still had his best form.

In a match up of trading big shots, George is the best heavyweight of all time. Best chin, most power and heaviest hands all rolled into one package. There isn't a heavyweight I'd take against him in an out and out fight. They'd have to add what Holyfield did, the jab and lateral movement.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #94
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post

The closer to peak Tyson is, the less realistic comebacking George's chances are.

There is such a thing as to fast and too radical. Tyson's power isn't at all a factor in this matchup, as much as his SPEED.

When he slows a touch and stops moving his head and his feet, he's a target, and its a BAD idea to be a target for Big George.

Tyson fought a couple punchers who could deliver impact on Foreman's level(Lewis and Ruddock), but he never fought a puncher who could deliver a shot as heavy as George Foreman could.

Having fought and sparred them both, George's power is an entirely different experience to Lewis. One hurt like hell, the other felt like a fist was going to come through the back of your head.

I give Foreman the edge as Tyson fades, and give a younger, champion Tyson a big edge when he still had his best form.

In a match up of trading big shots, George is the best heavyweight of all time. Best chin, most power and heaviest hands all rolled into one package. There isn't a heavyweight I'd take against him in an out and out fight. They'd have to add what Holyfield did, the jab and lateral movement.
Speed kills. You're right, Tyson's speed is the main factor here. Speed on the level with Holyfield, even faster, and with more power. Tyson knew how to deal with the big heavyweights and even though he wasn't in peak form in '91 he still had enough skill to get the job done, devastatingly. I go so far as to bring up the Foreman-Alex Stewart fight and cringe at what Tyson would have done to a 41 year old Foreman.
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #95
luke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the self doubt in tysons mind would have this fight won for foreman long before the first bell or first punch.
luke is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #96
luke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
Speed kills. You're right, Tyson's speed is the main factor here. Speed on the level with Holyfield, even faster, and with more power. Tyson knew how to deal with the big heavyweights and even though he wasn't in peak form in '91 he still had enough skill to get the job done, devastatingly. I go so far as to bring up the Foreman-Alex Stewart fight and cringe at what Tyson would have done to a 41 year old Foreman.

a fight with a journy man/contender

and a fight with the man who you made your comeback fore are 2 very distant things.
luke is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #97
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
a fight with a journy man/contender

and a fight with the man who you made your comeback fore are 2 very distant things.
You're right. Getting your ass kicked by a journeyman contender, one who got their own ass kicked by Tyson, and then making noise and being offered on more than a few occasions to fight Tyson yet turning King down EVERY SINGLE TIME are completely different things.

Good post
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #98
MrOliverKlozoff
The guy in shades
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post

That's awesome that you had that experience.

Why do you think Foreman had a better chin than prime Tyson?
MrOliverKlozoff is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #99
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty trunks View Post
Tyson could still put a good slew together. He also had pretty good countering ability ala some of the Ruddock knockdowns.

Holyfield landed a lot of those shots in close quarters and in combination against George and like Tyson would put more punches together if he had his opponent hurt or reeling. I would disagree with your other quote too as fighters who retreat are far harder to catch up too, especially by a short armed pressure fighter. Most of the fighters who stood in front of Tyson took a serious beating and I dont really see how fighters like Smith or Tucker get any credit for simply smothering Tyson or tieing him up. Foreman didnt show some super ability to tie up and punch at the same time either plus he held his hands very low when he shoved guys.

Tyson opened up and floored Ruddock with multiple shots AFTER he already had him reeling backwards with his guard down... Little bit different than trying to use combinations to set up big shots against a stabllzed target, the way that Holyfield did, and the ability to keep composure while getting hit by huge shots in the process. And as for Foreman's ability to tie a man up in his comeback and nail him while in the clinches, he certainly was far more effective at doing this than Tucker or Smith. Once again, I still favor Tyson even in 1991, but Foreman should not be counted out..
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #100
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Foreman has even admitted himself that he doesn't think he'd have given Tyson too much trouble during his (George's ) comeback. Granted, George says a lot things that often don't make sense or are often blatant B.S, but not everything he says is sketchy. I read transcripts of an interview involving Foreman where he said something like Tyson's foot movement and speed would have troubled him and that he (Foreman) didn't think he would have troubled Tyson much.

Since Foreman had already retired and was, of course, filthy rich, he could afford to come clean and speak on his true feelings about facing Mike Tyson. When Tyson was the champ, Foreman wanted the money a Tyson fight would bring. So, of course, Foreman had to talk up a Tyson fight.
Comeback Foreman (any version) would have been eaten alive by Mike.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum