Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 75
Default Gear: Winning = Fighting Sports? Same company?

I've recently started at a new gym. I was telling the head coach/owner about my new Rival gloves and he mentioned that he gets a big discount on Rival/Title/Fighting Sports.

I asked about Winning and he told me that Fighting Sports was the US distributor for Winning (which is a Japanese company).

I'm wondering if that can be true because of the price difference?

For example:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Fighting Sports face saver headgear is $120.00 on Fighting Sports website.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Winning FG-5000 is $460!!


Looks very similar!
Slacker is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
dtravis92
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 32
vCash: 910
Default Re: Gear: Winning = Fighting Sports? Same company?

Fighting Sports is NOT the US distributor for Winning. Fighting Sports is a brand/line owned by Title Boxing, the quality to winning (from reviews I have read) is nowhere near as good. Winning has a place in LA (I believe) where they take orders and have some products in stock. Definitely not the same
dtravis92 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gear: Winning = Fighting Sports? Same company?

NO. Fighting Sports is knock off Title junk.

It is disgusting really. Title just rips off people's designs and doesn't care. Name a decent brand? They have ripped it off!
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,419
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gear: Winning = Fighting Sports? Same company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
NO. Fighting Sports is knock off Title junk.

It is disgusting really. Title just rips off people's designs and doesn't care. Name a decent brand? They have ripped it off!
Can designs be trademarked or copyrighted? Aside from what they claim to be unique glove materials, I think people just claim it's a Mexican design (Cleto Reyes - ProMex) or a Japanese design. They can't rip the whole thing off obviously, otherwise people wouldn't buy the original.
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
wordisbond
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 645
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gear: Winning = Fighting Sports? Same company?

I spar with two brothers. One has the Winnings and the other just bought the Fighting Sports. The Winnings are supposed to be the best headgear on the market and that's the reason all of the pros that can afford them use them. The FS feel like shit when I felt them and it is absolutely huge. Not sure how they perform since my boy just got them the other week.
wordisbond is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gear: Winning = Fighting Sports? Same company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNoyFightFanUSN View Post
Can designs be trademarked or copyrighted? Aside from what they claim to be unique glove materials, I think people just claim it's a Mexican design (Cleto Reyes - ProMex) or a Japanese design. They can't rip the whole thing off obviously, otherwise people wouldn't buy the original.
I don't think the "fashion" industry has copyrights in the same sense as say media. So they can do this. Title actually won a lawsuit which crippled Ringside recently. I don't mind buying other people's gear, studying it, and incorporating the best tech into your own.

You hit the nail on the head with that ProMex BS. My point is that rather do that they copy LOGOS and color patterns. Essentially leading people to think they got what what they were looking for. It leads to threads like this. That is just filthy. Buying REAL Reyes, Grant, and Winning are a right of passage. You work hard and feel you "deserve" it. Title ruins the game.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,419
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gear: Winning = Fighting Sports? Same company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
I don't think the "fashion" industry has copyrights in the same sense as say media. So they can do this. Title actually won a lawsuit which crippled Ringside recently. I don't mind buying other people's gear, studying it, and incorporating the best tech into your own.

You hit the nail on the head with that ProMex BS. My point is that rather do that they copy LOGOS and color patterns. Essentially leading people to think they got what what they were looking for. It leads to threads like this. That is just filthy. Buying REAL Reyes, Grant, and Winning are a right of passage. You work hard and feel you "deserve" it. Title ruins the game.
Does Title sell straight up knockoff shit or something? I haven't heard about that lawsuit between Title and Ringside
you seem like you've been around a lot of brands. Is Tuf Wear any good? I recall seeing that shit being used in Rocky and in some older photos so they've been around a bit I would guess. I wouldn't be surprised if their shit has gone down in quality.
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013