Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 1000
Default Matthew McAllister

Watched him stop a normally durable Aaron fox in the second round at the St Andrews Sporting Club. That's his second KO in a month after he chinned that guy with a jab turn left hook punch on Sky a few weeks ago. He looked very sharp tonight, teeing off on the guy with hooks and uppercuts forcing the ref to jump in just as Aaron's head was being snapped back.

Gary McCallum also looked very sharp winning on points at middleweight. Hadn't seen him fight since the amateurs but he's moved into the pro's well, burying meaty left hooks into Dan Blackwell's ribcage.

McAllister looks like he could surpass his brother Lee.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

was that at the st andrews ? If you dont mind me asking ,how much was a ticket for that ? do you go with your company or just off your own back ?
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

I work at the hotel that hosts the club mate. I managed to watch Mccallum then McAllister before my boss clocked on that i was standing about doing **** all and as a result I never got to see the top of the bill which was Eddie Doyle vs El Hamidi
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
bigjoet
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK1000 View Post
I work at the hotel that hosts the club mate. I managed to watch Mccallum then McAllister before my boss clocked on that i was standing about doing **** all and as a result I never got to see the top of the bill which was Eddie Doyle vs El Hamidi
well done on getting a freebie ha ha
bigjoet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,091
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK1000 View Post
Watched him stop a normally durable Aaron fox in the second round at the St Andrews Sporting Club. That's his second KO in a month after he chinned that guy with a jab turn left hook punch on Sky a few weeks ago. He looked very sharp tonight, teeing off on the guy with hooks and uppercuts forcing the ref to jump in just as Aaron's head was being snapped back.

Gary McCallum also looked very sharp winning on points at middleweight. Hadn't seen him fight since the amateurs but he's moved into the pro's well, burying meaty left hooks into Dan Blackwell's ribcage.

McAllister looks like he could surpass his brother Lee.
Matty is on a different level than Lee IMO.
Lee just hasnt got the punch power to keep better fighters off of him to allow him to box.
Matty has got that punch, and IMO is a far better boxer too.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyBlaster View Post
Matty is on a different level than Lee IMO.
Lee just hasnt got the punch power to keep better fighters off of him to allow him to box.
Matty has got that punch, and IMO is a far better boxer too.
Agreed, but his style is also far more accessible and likely to take him further. Lee was always a bit too unorthodox for me.

There's a younger brother called Steven who was a good youth in the amateurs, maybe even better than Matt. He actually beat me when I was 13. Steven hasn't boxed for a few years though which is ashame.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoet View Post
well done on getting a freebie ha ha


Next time I'm going to get a shift that finishes after the dinner (before the boxing starts) then just stand about and pretend i'm working so I don't need to worry about the boss.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK1000 View Post
I work at the hotel that hosts the club mate. I managed to watch Mccallum then McAllister before my boss clocked on that i was standing about doing **** all and as a result I never got to see the top of the bill which was Eddie Doyle vs El Hamidi
Top of the Bill 100 a ticket thats a shocker!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #9
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Top of the Bill 100 a ticket thats a shocker!
i thought it was about that,how much was morrisons last one at Motherwell ?
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:25 AM   #10
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
i thought it was about that,how much was morrisons last one at Motherwell ?
65 and you got 4 fights instead of three,people want value for money mate.
Basically and no disrespect meant there was 3 novices against 3 journeymen for 100 poor value imo
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #11
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
65 and you got 4 fights instead of three,people want value for money mate.
Basically and no disrespect meant there was 3 novices against 3 journeymen for 100 poor value imo
Is this the same Al-Hamidi who was in a WBO eliminator a few years ago?
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 AM   #12
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Is this the same Al-Hamidi who was in a WBO eliminator a few years ago?
It wasnt an elimininator you sad jealous cunt, Its the same Al hamidi that lost twice to the two weight world champ yes thats him lol
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #13
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

^^^
Haha

"eliminininininator" ?
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:53 AM   #14
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
^^^
Haha

"eliminininininator" ?
Oh yes the same guy that beat and was robbed against two diffrent british ex champions thats the guy Lilo ha ha ha
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #15
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

is matthew as big a gobshite as lee
pong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013