boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #16
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,140
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Top of the Bill 100 a ticket thats a shocker!
I think its 80 now. And top be fair I have been to Gilmours and Morrisons show, and in my opinion Gilmours nights are better. The last time I went to Alecs it was a lot of plastic gangsters, although some real ones as well, still a good night though
Top Dog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
I think its 80 now. And top be fair I have been to Gilmours and Morrisons show, and in my opinion Gilmours nights are better. The last time I went to Alecs it was a lot of plastic gangsters, although some real ones as well, still a good night though
Im talking value mate,Alex and myself ran a show with 4 fights opposed to 3 same meal nicer surrounding better fighters which produced better fights for 65 purely my opinion of co****.
billy nelson is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
65 and you got 4 fights instead of three,people want value for money mate.
Basically and no disrespect meant there was 3 novices against 3 journeymen for 100 poor value imo

yeah i can understand that , im not a huge fan of dinner shows billy ,but that is just my opnion i understand that fighters get fights etc i just think boxing belongs ina hall/arena and not a function room were people have to wear suits and eat while two guys are giving it there all

...just my thoughts ...and im sure people will disagree with me ... but if your wanting to change my mind id happly accept a free ticket to your next one !

As for Mcallister jnr ,we had Daniel Micallef in with him in Feb and i though he would cause mcallister problems and if im honest he handedl micallef with ease and caught him with a decent punch .

He is ****y ,but form what i seen not as ****y as his brother ... hes headlinign a show next month up there with cornish on the undercard aswell ... but i think he seems to have the power his brother has always lacked ...
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #19
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
I think its 80 now. And top be fair I have been to Gilmours and Morrisons show, and in my opinion Gilmours nights are better. The last time I went to Alecs it was a lot of plastic gangsters, although some real ones as well, still a good night though
Im informed it was 108 per ticket for Monday's show
billy nelson is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,140
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Im informed it was 108 per ticket for Monday's show
Strange, I got the invite through my door and it didnt have that amount, maybe that was just for you Billy
Top Dog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #21
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
Strange, I got the invite through my door and it didnt have that amount, maybe that was just for you Billy
Tommy wouldnt give me the time of day let alone an invite to one of his shows,hed charge me for an invite
billy nelson is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #22
bigjoet
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Tommy wouldnt give me the time of day let alone an invite to one of his shows,hed charge me for an invite
Maybe you should have been the bigger man and gave TG a invite to your show or do you both just not like each other
bigjoet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #23
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoet View Post
Maybe you should have been the bigger man and gave TG a invite to your show or do you both just not like each other
I think he just doesnt like me boo boo! And i really dont care
billy nelson is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #24
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
I think he just doesnt like me boo boo! And i really dont care
I.do find it strange that you dont traon any of his fighters or manage them,have you had a fallen out with him?
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #25
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
I.do find it strange that you dont traon any of his fighters or manage them,have you had a fallen out with him?
It stems from when Peter Harrison and myself left him years ago he wanted me to stay and i stayed loyal to Peter and he took the huff basically.
Ive moved on and Tommy holds this grudge still, anyway Tommy likes to dictate who trains his fighters which imo isnt right, ie when a boxer i train had a meeting with him Tommy said hed need to leave me and get trained elsewere the lad said shall i close the door or you! ha ha
billy nelson is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #26
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
It stems from when Peter Harrison and myself left him years ago he wanted me to stay and i stayed loyal to Peter and he took the huff basically.
Ive moved on and Tommy holds this grudge still, anyway Tommy likes to dictate who trains his fighters which imo isnt right, ie when a boxer i train had a meeting with him Tommy said hed need to leave me and get trained elsewere the lad said shall i close the door or you! ha ha
fair enough ,its not right for any promotor to dictate those terms to be honest !
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
fair enough ,its not right for any promotor to dictate those terms to be honest !
To be fair and its been the case for a good few years now if a young fighter came to me and asked me which Scottish promoter to go to id say Alex Morrison,he got his own gym for fighters to train in has regular shows and can get his lads on Boxnation.
Based on this thats were id direct them. I admire Paul Graham and AAA for trying to run good shows but if there honest they will tell its very hard
billy nelson is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015