Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #46
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Myth-buster thread ***BARRERA DID NOT SCHOOL NAZ***

Morales would have executed him.

Wouldn't have been for the faint hearted.

He probably wouldn't look as clueless against Erik as he might have done against Marquez mind

Edit - the Nelson Vazquez card in Khan vs Peterson is crazy stuff
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #47
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Naz vs Pacquiao at Feather? Damn.
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #48
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Didn't Manny say they didn't want any part of JMM. Makes sense he'd of dealt with Naz like MAB but even better.

MAB's display that night was marvelous, A aggressive fighter who was messed around in build up to fight but in face of adversity kept his calm and boxed his way to victory.

Morales would give Naz chances but i'd still fancy his chances in that fight, Naz was struggling with likes Augie Sanchez as i said earlier. Morales dealt with Manny's raw power as well. The guy was and is bred to fight like a Pitbull.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #49
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

I remember Naz calling out Morales after one of his later fights. Now that would have been a proper tear up.

There's a lot of talk about Naz not being fully focused or prepared for his fight with Barrera. If this is the case then I can only assume that he didn't watch Barrera/Morales 1. Watching those two go at it hell for leather for 12 rounds would be enough to motivate anyone. I know his brother was in the crowd, surely he figured out that neither of those two fighters were to be taken lightly.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #50
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Everybody who watched the fight knows..? Barrera did not dominate Prince Naseem Hamed. And lets face up to afew truths here, Prince Naseem Hamed beat himself, was not dedicated in training and was lazy. There is a documentary on youtube, about Prince Naseem Hameds build up to this fight, Manny Stewart left the camp because The Prince wanted to do his own thing.....

Fair play Barrrea won the fight, the best man won on the night. But not for one second..? Was that the best of Prince Naseem Hamed.

Who cares anyway, Barrera has been mugged off in recent years.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7JNQg5eU0[/ame]
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #51
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

While I agree with Vano, in that Naz could possibly have won 3 or 4 rounds on the scorecards, I think the term schooling can be atrributed in large part to the numerous passages during the fight when Barrera caught Naz with shots which looked worse than they were because Naz's balance was all over the place, or like when he danced around Naz at one point smashing jabs into his face from different angles, and another time using short accurate shots on the inside before ducking under Naz's lunging power shots in a Matador-like ole!!! motion. The turnbuckle incident also falls under this bracket, because it showed Barrera's total disregard to Naz as a boxer - a case of bullying the bully.

Call it what you will, "Schooling him", "Going to town on him", "making him look amateurish". There were certain points during the fight were Barrera made Naz look stupid, and were you could have nudged your mate and said "he ****ing schooled him there". But Naz did have his moments, and I would not compare the fight with other clear schoolings like Calzaghe-Lacy or Hopkins-Pavlik.

Wasn't this also the fight were Barrera first exhibited his new boxing style? This might also have played a part in the schooling story, because at the time we were looking at Naz getting clearly outboxed by a guy from the division below who until then had been known mostly as a brawler (albeit an elite level one).
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #52
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: The Myth-buster thread ***BARRERA DID NOT SCHOOL NAZ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
While I agree with Vano, in that Naz could possibly have won 3 or 4 rounds on the scorecards, I think the term schooling can be atrributed in large part to the numerous passages during the fight when Barrera caught Naz with shots which looked worse than they were because Naz's balance was all over the place, or like when he danced around Naz at one point smashing jabs into his face from different angles, and another time using short accurate shots on the inside before ducking under Naz's lunging power shots in a Matador-like ole!!! motion. The turnbuckle incident also falls under this bracket, because it showed Barrera's total disregard to Naz as a boxer - a case of bullying the bully.

Call it what you will, "Schooling him", "Going to town on him", "making him look amateurish". There were certain points during the fight were Barrera made Naz look stupid, and were you could have nudged your mate and said "he ****ing schooled him there". But Naz did have his moments, and I would not compare the fight with other clear schoolings like Calzaghe-Lacy or Hopkins-Pavlik.

Wasn't this also the fight were Barrera first exhibited his new boxing style? This might also have played a part in the schooling story, because at the time we were looking at Naz getting clearly outboxed by a guy from the division below who until then had been known mostly as a brawler (albeit an elite level one).
This
sniffmybadger is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #53
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

It was a ****ing schooling. I dont care how much ballbags like Icemax (MAB hater ) say to the contrary.
Naz basically had no answers to Barrera's boxing and counterpunching and (whilst he may have won some rounds) he never won any rounds convincingly.
He was systematically picked apart and shown up. It wasn't a 'schooling' in the terms of Calzaghe/Lacy however it was as one-sided a fight as you could wish for at that level.

TAGS:
Mitchell to KO Burns - CLOWN eal
Naz > Barrera - CLEARLY NOT
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #54
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
It was a ****ing schooling. I dont care how much ballbags like Icemax (MAB hater ) say to the contrary.
Naz basically had no answers to Barrera's boxing and counterpunching and (whilst he may have won some rounds) he never won any rounds convincingly.
He was systematically picked apart and shown up. It wasn't a 'schooling' in the terms of Calzaghe/Lacy however it was as one-sided a fight as you could wish for at that level.

TAGS:
****ing hell,i agree with a manc scum twat

great fighter but met more than a match in barrera
widdy is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #55
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

TAGS:

Please post a scorecard

I've been waiting for someone to notice the tags The Naz > MAB is a wind up, but Mitchell knocks Burns out
Old 04-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #56
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
Please post a scorecard

I've been waiting for someone to notice the tags The Naz > MAB is a wind up, but Mitchell knocks Burns out
I will do pal, will watch again this week when i have the time, but i'm pretty sure I had it 9-2 and one even
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #57
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

It was a clear win, not a bloody schooling. Glen McCrory and the two Brits Barrera thrashed all picked Barrera to win, too. He was a bigger underdog against Morales.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #58
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I will do pal, will watch again this week when i have the time, but i'm pretty sure I had it 9-2 and one even
Nice one

7-4-1 in Barrera's favour. Naz wins rounds 2, 3, 8 and 10
Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #59
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Barrera 120-108 Naz

The point deduction was harsh IMO, ive never ever seen any1 deducted a point for smashing his opponents head into the turnbuckle
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #60
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
Barrera 120-108 Naz

The point deduction was harsh IMO, ive never ever seen any1 deducted a point for smashing his opponents head into the turnbuckle

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum