Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Who's looking forward to Huck/Afolabi?

I think this is probably the most interesting fight to come in the next few weeks.

Afolabi has improved out of sight, mostly mentally rather than technically or physically. He's now turning up to win rather than play the dance partner. Thinking back to even the Enzo fight he got a little fortunate to have Enzo in front of him quite frankly, he was getting outhustled. But against Brudov he certainly turned up in different mood, and he'll need to and then some since Huck clearly beat him the first time in my opinion.

It was competitive, but Afolabi hinted at great things in that fight but delivered too infrequently, even managing to hurt Huck more severely than just about anybody but contrived to give away too many easy rounds in Germany.

Ultimately, that could be a problem again, giving away rounds that are close that he needs to win dominantly to earn a decision. That aside, I think he has it in him to beat Huck so I remain hopeful.

Any input on what he needs to do differently, whether you think he'll win or any other comments appreciated.

Good luck to Afolabi, probably our most 'natural' fighter at the minute.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who's looking forward to Huck/Afolabi?

Me, Ola is a top guy and i believe he will do it. I sense a more serious fighter then the one leading up to Huck fight first time around. Just seems to be a lot more serious in his talk and his fighting. TBH this is a guy who had no AM experience you know. People forget that he just trained but never fought AM.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
SportsLeader
Chilling
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Deffo looking forward to seeing Ola in action again, he's turned me with his recent performances. Seems so much more focused and is using his attributes to the best of his abilities.

He just coasted against Huck the first time around, and still won about 4-5 rounds. Focused, he'll be too sharp and skilled for Marco I reckon. Ola's straight shots I can see tormenting Huck all night long. If he's as composed as he has been in recent bouts it should be routine for Afolabi.
SportsLeader is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

This is a great fight, I couldnt pick a winner.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
This is a great fight, I couldnt pick a winner.
Agreed, very tough. I guess the extent to which Afolabi has improved will determine it.

Objectively, I scored it 8-4 to Huck first time around (Agree with SportsLeader here).

However, we've also got to be serious and take into account the fact he's not just got to swing a couple of rounds, he has to be pretty dominant. I think a complete turn around in mentality can achieve that to be honest because he's got all the attributes to give Huck a hiding as Cunningham did.

Afolabi needs to completely outwork Huck from centre of the ring which he can do if he takes this serious and trains like a beast, his defence has to be on point because theres nothing more the Germans like than a head snapping back from a jab as an excuse to award a round for the home fighter. And when Huck does launch a caveman attack he has to answer back, always.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P Sky View Post
I like Ola and I'm really looking forward to this fight. I think it will play out like the first though. Competitive and Ola will cause trouble but Huck will take the decision again IMO.
As great as Ola looked against Brudov we have to remember that the guy was small compared to Huck, (Came in at 185lbs I believe) and Huck, who I'm not big on, impressed me against Povetkin. (I had him the fight a draw)
I think in the end, Ola will just not do enough to take the decision. Lets hope he does it though.
Povetkin was pretty awful though. Blowing after 4 rounds, no snap, slow, just not very good really.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Ola can physically handle the bully that is Huck, his bodywork and mentality means he won't be bullied like Sacha who looked fragile. I think Ola sensed after that night that he can do it if he really wants it. There's been a few technical adjustments and i think he'll be better in this one and really expose Huck. Ola's a naturally gifted fighter and way he is right now he's brimming with confidence.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1537

I can't wait for it and am really taken with Ola now. Looked like he was gonna have that sparring partner mentality but seems to be coming on has his own man now.

I'm gonna have a punt on him, maybe even late stoppage. I could be getting carried away though but we've seen what happens to men who drop back down a weight.
Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Ola's a serious fighter now, conditioned better then last time and he's had a fair few fights and shown improvement. Huck shows nothing to me in every fight bar being a brawler who likes rabbit punching and bullying. Can't bully Ola .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWwf8gSQmQ[/ame]
Old 04-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Anyone know how many times a Sauerland fighter has lost on points in Germany over the last few years?
...Interesting point

I think Ola has a chance of stopping him though, can't be ruled out. Might be a small-ish percentage chance, but its definitely within reason.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1537

Quote:
Anyone know how many times a Sauerland fighter has lost on points in Germany over the last few years?

Ola's not your typical foreigner over there though is he. He's been working with K2 for a while and Srdunek.

Anyway i fancy him doing a number on Huck as it goes on. War Ola!
Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Huck has a pretty good style in Germany. Anywhere else he'd be pretty damn limited but in Germany where you can stand there with ear muffs on doing nothing, then throw a flurry aggressively and earn the round it makes him a pretty tough proposition since you kind of have to respect his onslaughts.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I bet it's very low. Even though it was Finland I was half expecting Froch vs AA to be a split decision.

On this fight, I think the best way to beat Huck is to follow a Toney-esque blueprint, which I think Ola is capable of doing.

Basically stand your ground, evade the wild swings and hit him with hard, precise counters. The more you do that, the more desperate Huck will get - he's not the sort to settle for a points defeat so will just become more and more reckless, and present more opportunities.

Povetkin let Huck into the fight a bit too much early, and by the end as Huck usually fades looked on the verge of going over himself.

An interest bet on the KO for Ola for me I think.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #14
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3166

me like ola .
someone is getting ktfo
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

imo ola is 10 times the fighter huck is, if ola comes in top shape he has to and can without a problem ko huck. huck's chin is just average and he is plain and simple shit, just physical very strong and has great reflexes.

WAR OLA!!!
Mordechai is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum