Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #151
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Matchroom secure 20+ dates on sky sports, malony a few,Hatton none. Manipulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Hearn is fast turning into a poison.
That's a tad premature DF but you could well be proven right, lets see what he does with this 20 dates, my main concern is how many of them will be prizefighter?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #152
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom secure 20+ dates on sky sports, malony a few,Hatton none. Manipulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
That's a tad premature DF but you could well be proven right, lets see what he does with this 20 dates, my main concern is how many of them will be prizefighter?
It IS premature, but no more premature than those proclaiming him to be the saviour of boxing.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #153
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Hearn is fast turning into a poison.
Wow,i know you have never been fond of the love for nice guy Eddie on here but that is just silly. I remember an article with him saying he is in the bussiness to take over.He has done alright so far,if he turns in to fish eyes then people will turn against him but we shall see.If he can get Bute out of Canada,he can do anything
ashedward is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #154
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Too early to condemn Hearn IMHO but the perception of him a few months back as a white knight on a steed who had arrived to save boxing from the evil clutches of Baron Frank von Warrun was pretty naive.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #155
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
It IS premature, but no more premature than those proclaiming him to be the saviour of boxing.
I agree there, the signs have been good thus far but now he has a huge responsibility, Im keeping an open mind but do worry.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #156
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

A fiver says that within 12 months we will be spelling Eddies surname ***** . There is no such thing as a promoter whose first thoughts are the welbeing of the sport or the fans who pay the bills......I can't actually think of one ever who wasn't as dodgy as ****
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #157
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
A fiver says that within 12 months we will be spelling Eddies surname ***** , there is no such thing as a promoter who's first thoughts are the wellbeing of the sport or the fans who pay the bills......I can't actually think of one ever who wasn't as dodgy as ****

Golden Boy were meant to be 'different' across the pond - a move away from the days of Arum and King but they're the same as well.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #158
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Too early to condemn Hearn IMHO but the perception of him a few months back as a white knight on a steed who had arrived to save boxing from the evil clutches of Baron Frank von Warrun was pretty naive.
I just can't get over how quickly people forget he was largely responsible for Haye-Harrison.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #159
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I just can't get over how quickly people forget he was largely responsible for Haye-Harrison.
Everybody wanted Haye vs Harrison. I enjoyed the event immensely.
The Genius is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #160
PRETTYBOYFLOYD.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
A fiver says that within 12 months we will be spelling Eddies surname ***** . There is no such thing as a promoter whose first thoughts are the welbeing of the sport or the fans who pay the bills......I can't actually think of one ever who wasn't as dodgy as ****
Completely agree, even if you set out to make the best, 50-50 fights etc. you will soon realise the promoter next to you is making more money putting his fighters in simple fights
PRETTYBOYFLOYD. is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #161
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
That point crossed my mind. Not having a dig at anyone but its strange how boxing fans are this strange mix of cynically embittered naive hopefuls!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #162
Longcount
boxing
ESB Addict

vCash: 1034

In other news, has anyone taken a look at FW's new website?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Longcount is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #163
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leforge View Post
But does he want to keep propping the channel up plus his ailing promotional company his pockets are not that deep.
Why does everyone assume Frank is on skid row?
The Genius is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #164
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
Everybody wanted Haye vs Harrison. I enjoyed the event immensely.
No they didn't!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #165
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
Wow,i know you have never been fond of the love for nice guy Eddie on here but that is just silly. I remember an article with him saying he is in the bussiness to take over.He has done alright so far,if he turns in to fish eyes then people will turn against him but we shall see.If he can get Bute out of Canada,he can do anything
ashedward is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum