Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #181
zerodave

vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom secure 20+ dates on sky sports, malony a few,Hatton none. Manipulation

I think Sky just look at viewing figures. Matchroom have Prizefighter which attract all-sorts of non boxing fans, add to this that they also have Carl Froch it's no surprise Sky would want to back matchroom. Getting rid of Hatton in my opinion is a massive mistake Hatton shows are stacked with great fights.

logically thinking Sky's loss should be Box Nation's gain in my opinion. Frank ****** is a business man and if he were to add Hatton boxing events on the channel it would be a smart move for everyone involved and the subscriber numbers would probably be boosted too.

I also think that the Hatton events have been some of the best events shown on UK TV. Of course Channel 5 are also worthy of a mention as I can also see Hatton events going there but I'd prefer to see Hatton's events on box nation. it would add some weight to the channel and then you could maybe see some fights made between ******'s stable and Hatton's stable in the future which would be great for british boxing!
zerodave is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #182
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960
Default Re: Matchroom secure 20+ dates on sky sports, malony a few,Hatton none. Manipulation

Can't see Hatton putting shows on boxnation.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #183
zerodave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Can't see Hatton putting shows on boxnation.
I know what you mean... with the ego's and people involved etc...

but if they did agree terms it'd be a serious coup for the channel and in my opinion be a great move for all concerned.
zerodave is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #184
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

It'd be good for the boxnation schedule but people like Quigg want to be on sky.

You only have to see Bellew's recent interviews about being back on sky, thinly veiled digs at frank at every opportunity. No doubt he will want to join matchroom.

Boxnation will be a last resort, I really hope someone gives Hatton a chance because he seems to want to put on good cards.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #185
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodave View Post
I know what you mean... with the ego's and people involved etc...

but if they did agree terms it'd be a serious coup for the channel and in my opinion be a great move for all concerned.
i cant see it , now what i mean is how much BN would offer them a show ... Sky pay between 80 - 100 thousand a show (sometimes more if its a bigger figth) im told ,depending on title's etc ... i cant see BN paying anywere near the 80 thousand for a hatton show ...

i dont know how much there paying the likes Helliot and Woods were doing there shows mind you ...
alba is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #186
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It'd be good for the boxnation schedule but people like Quigg want to be on sky.

You only have to see Bellew's recent interviews about being back on sky, thinly veiled digs at frank at every opportunity. No doubt he will want to join matchroom.

Boxnation will be a last resort, I really hope someone gives Hatton a chance because he seems to want to put on good cards.
Well interestingly ,look at the way eddie was talking about Tony , heaping praise on him so i would say it looks like it could be that way !
alba is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #187
wake up call
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
i dont know how much there paying the likes Helliot and Woods were doing there shows mind you ...
Nothing. They just kept ticket sales.
wake up call is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 AM   #188
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake up call View Post
Nothing. They just kept ticket sales.

Really ,jesus ,it would take a lot of ticket sales for the likes of some hatton fighters to even get what they were getting before when there with sky i would assume ...

zero ! Jesus ...
alba is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #189
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard mossley View Post
We have 5 promotors in the UK: Frank W, Maloney, Hennessey, Hearn and Hatton. All wanting TV dates. 3 of them are confined to one channel. And very few of them will work with each. In the last twelve months Hatton has worked with Maloney and Hatton has worked with Hearn. Other than that what other cross promotional fights have took place between these 5?

The biggest problem is they will not work with each other.
when did Hatton work with Maloney and Hearn?
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #190
wake up call
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
when did Hatton work with Maloney and Hearn?
Maloney - Homecoming show at Man City

Hearn - Khan v McCloskey at MEN.
wake up call is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #191
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake up call View Post
Maloney - Homecoming show at Man City

Hearn - Khan v McCloskey at MEN.
he said in the last 12 months. Hattons home coming was 4 years ago.

Hearn did nothing for Khan vs Mcloskey the show just has his fighter. Hattons were running the undercard and royaly ****ed it up.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #192
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Apart from Froch v Bute, what fights are in the pipeline?
sniffmybadger is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #193
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Hatton on boxnation! That'd be like when the WWF bough out WCW. We could have smack down vs raw every Friday night. Mega
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #194
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by leforge View Post
Matchroom show after that international heavy prizefighter. Kell Brook in Sheffield with Hope on the undercard so far. Then Belfast in September and Barker too.
McLoskey, Frampton and Lindsay all together in September. Be nice if we could get..

Paul McLoskey vs Prawet Singwangcha (WBC Something)
Kiko Matinez vs Carl Frampton (European Super Bantamweight)
Martin Lindsay vs Paul Hayland (Irish Featherweight)
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #195
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by leforge View Post
Matchroom show after that international heavy prizefighter. Kell Brook in Sheffield with Hope on the undercard so far. Then Belfast in September and Barker too.
Rees will defend his title in July.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum