Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
moog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Who wants to see harrison v burns now?

I have always maintained that Scott Harrison at his peak was several levels above Burns, and even now would knock him out, as he has to much power, footwork, and pressure to give Burns a moments piece. Who would like to see that fight now? I think other than fighting Harrison Burns couldn't sell out his Garden in his next fight if he is the main event. I say let it happen, and let the winner (Harrison easy) get a boost in their career and have a fantastic All Scottish Battle
moog is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Who wants to see harrison v burns now?

If Burns fights like he done yesterday Scott has an easy nights work. May even manage the stoppage. If Burns goes back with Billy it makes it a interesting fight. Master v Apprentice I think Billy could get the best out of Ricky again make this a very interesting fight.. I would like to see it now
Daviddee1983 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
Barry Smith
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Both were no more than manufactured FW WBO frauds masquerading as "World Champions", neither fighter was ever anything anywhere near being World class.
Barry Smith is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #4
ChipChair
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Maybe if Ricky becomes an alcoholic they can meet up outside the offsales in Cambuslang and give the locals some interest, other than that no.
ChipChair is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
ChipChair
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Smith View Post
Both were no more than manufactured FW WBO frauds masquerading as "World Champions", neither fighter was ever anything anywhere near being World class.
According to moog Harrison was avoided. Pacman, Barrera, Morales, JMM all wanted none of the waster

Last edited by ChipChair; 06-28-2014 at 02:26 PM.
ChipChair is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
Barry Smith
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipChair View Post
According to moog Harrison was avoided. Pacman, Morales, JMM all wanted none of the waster
Barry Smith is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
davidmcallister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviddee1983 View Post
If Burns fights like he done yesterday Scott has an easy nights work. May even manage the stoppage. If Burns goes back with Billy it makes it a interesting fight. Master v Apprentice I think Billy could get the best out of Ricky again make this a very interesting fight.. I would like to see it now
Really have to disagree there mate, the respect between Billy and Ricky seemed to be missing in the last couple of fights with Ricky talking back in the corner during these fights, personally I thought there was some slight improvements with Ricky last night but being caught so early really messed up the game plan.

Ricky and Billy had great times together but sometimes just like in other aspects of life you just need to move on!! Billy has got his other boxers to worry about improving too, David Brophy and Andreas Evenson
davidmcallister is online now  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
Daviddee1983
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcallister View Post
Really have to disagree there mate, the respect between Billy and Ricky seemed to be missing in the last couple of fights with Ricky talking back in the corner during these fights, personally I thought there was some slight improvements with Ricky last night but being caught so early really messed up the game plan.

Ricky and Billy had great times together but sometimes just like in other aspects of life you just need to move on!! Billy has got his other boxers to worry about improving too, David Brophy and Andreas Evenson
I agree but maybe last night was enough for Ricky to realise he's not the superstar he thinks he is. He was talking back in the corner last night as well. I think the difference Billy would of made last night would of had him moving more to the left away from that left hand. Was the boys only punch. I didnt see any improvements at all. I thought that's the worst Ricky Burns I have ever seen. That boy was at best domestic level. Sparring was key for that fight and Tony got that miles wrong.

I was first to say Ricky should of left Billy but more for the fact of the way Ricky had seemed to become. He needed to go with someone with good tactical awareness I think it was proven last night the tactics were all wrong. Only advice I heard from Tony was stay on your Jab!! That may have worked but at that level that's all he could give. In honesty I think Ricky is finished now.. Most domestic level fighters will exploit these weaknesses in the same way.
Daviddee1983 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
davidmcallister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviddee1983 View Post
I agree but maybe last night was enough for Ricky to realise he's not the superstar he thinks he is. He was talking back in the corner last night as well. I think the difference Billy would of made last night would of had him moving more to the left away from that left hand. Was the boys only punch. I didnt see any improvements at all. I thought that's the worst Ricky Burns I have ever seen. That boy was at best domestic level. Sparring was key for that fight and Tony got that miles wrong.

I was first to say Ricky should of left Billy but more for the fact of the way Ricky had seemed to become. He needed to go with someone with good tactical awareness I think it was proven last night the tactics were all wrong. Only advice I heard from Tony was stay on your Jab!! That may have worked but at that level that's all he could give. In honesty I think Ricky is finished now.. Most domestic level fighters will exploit these weaknesses in the same way.
Personally I thought his footwork was a bit better, he at times used the ring better than in previous fights. The early knockdown seemed to put the doubts back in Ricky's head and i only saw him talk in the corner last night not arguing or talking back when being given instruction but more conversing on what he was being told to do.

I also think the step down to domestic level will benefit Ricky and imo he should have done that after the Crawford fight, it would have given him a chance to work with his new team and get some confidence.

The one big worry for me with ricky now is that when he is hit clean he is going into safe mode where he covers up and doesn't want to be hit, I know that nobody likes being hit but it comes with the territory in boxing and imo once a fighter is scared of being hit they really need to decide if boxing is still there chosen profession!!

Beltran might not have got the decision that night but he has maybe mentally ended Ricky's career!!
davidmcallister is online now  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
Odins beard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Smith View Post
Scott Harrison was a solid world champion. He may not have beaten Barrera or Morales but he would have given them a tough fight.
Odins beard is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #11
righty

scott would smash him now
righty is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #12
Tancred
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I hope this fight happens this year
Tancred is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #13
TERRYTIBBS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I hope Burns quits and stops costing me money lol
TERRYTIBBS is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #14
moog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipChair View Post
According to moog Harrison was avoided. Pacman, Barrera, Morales, JMM all wanted none of the waster
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I can never REMEMBER saying Pacman was scared off him, in fact Pacman once mentioned that the Mexicans were avoiding Harrison. Plus when Harrison challenged Moralas/Barrera at Ringside Bob Arum said Harrison is best fighter in Britain, the best 126-130ib fighter in the World and they are avoiding him. JMM was WBO interim Champion, and was Scotts Mandatory (thought he was going to still be in jail), then walked away from fighting Scott, check above. Below are the people after the title when he won it, and beat the fabulous Chacon, who Prince Naz refused to fight.

CHAMPION SCOTT HARRISON GB 1. Marco A. Barrera MEX 2. Juan M. Marquez MEX 3. Naseem Hamed GB 4. William Abelyan (NABO) USA 5. Hector Velazquez MEX 6. Mauricio Julio (Latino) COL 77. Guty Espadas MEX 8. Ivan Valle MEX 9. Oscar Leon COL 10. Miguel Mayon SPA 11. Victor Polo COL 12. Angel Vazquez PRI 13. Frank Toledo PRI 14. Jose Quintana PRI 15. Manuel Espitia COL
moog is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #15
Furey
EST & REG 2009
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Harrison can still fight.. tough tough man, but come on he isn't the Harrison of old and is fighting above the weight he was once a kingpin in.

Ricky Burns has to much for him.. if that fight is made, he beats Harrison all day long and all ends up in my opinion.
Furey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum