Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
wrastla285
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Wlads Pace?

I am a huge klitschko fan, but all i am hearing is how he is going to pace himself better this fight. But might we all remember, the reason he fought at that pace last time was to keep lamon off of him. Yer thoughts?
wrastla285 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Wlads Pace?

Just like Lennox Lewis, Emanuel Steward has taught Wlad how to utlilize his height and tremendous left jab. He also knows Wlad will never be an inside fighter. He has taught Wladmir how to shut his opponents down on the inside via holding and grappling. This style also lets him fight at a more measured pace. I see him totally destroying Brewster within five rounds. This is not the same Wlad, he is better equipped to handle rough inside fighters, which wasnt the case before Steward had him.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

I Wlad's pace, movement, and punch output mostly depends on how aggressive Brewster will be. Or at least, how aggressive he'll try to be.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
I Wlad's pace, movement, and punch output mostly depends on how aggressive Brewster will be. Or at least, how aggressive he'll try to be.
The more aggressive Brewster is, the more holding you will see from Wlad, which will prolong the inevtiable KO by Wlad to the later rounds.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
Just like Lennox Lewis, Emanuel Steward has taught Wlad how to utlilize his height and tremendous left jab. He also knows Wlad will never be an inside fighter. He has taught Wladmir how to shut his opponents down on the inside via holding and grappling. This style also lets him fight at a more measured pace. I see him totally destroying Brewster within five rounds. This is not the same Wlad, he is better equipped to handle rough inside fighters, which wasnt the case before Steward had him.
What I never liked about Lewis is the "holding" and I think he's got Wlad doing it now. Holding blows, take it from Johhny!
Loufatski is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
wrastla285
Journeyman

good discussion folks
wrastla285 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loufatski
What I never liked about Lewis is the "holding" and I think he's got Wlad doing it now. Holding blows, take it from Johhny!
It does, and I dont like it either, but very few tall guys have the ability of a guy like Riddick Bowe, who was probably one of the best tall infighters ever.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabrese
Exactly. Wlad will hold A LOT in the early going, then open up and start to break Brewster down. I don't think we'll see a single right hand from Wlad until the 3rd round...
I think alot of how Klit fights will depend on what Brewster tries to do.

If Brewster tries to box and move, in and out, as he tried against Liakhovich (not likely), Wlad will obviously not release his right hand till the third, or even fourth round. He'll preserve his energy as much as possible, and he'll be wise to do that, if Brewster is placid in the early rounds.

But, on the ohter hand, if Brewster comes lunging forward, knocking Micheal Buffer out of the way in the process, and throws hooks from the opening bell (very likely), Wlad will obviuosly have to show him that there are consequences for such behaviour, and punish him accordingly, by introducing the right hand and its jolting KO power, right away.

I can see Brewster trying to pull a Golota on Wlad, but I think Wlad will catch Brewster with a right hand like the one that he caught Brock and Byrd with. Then we'll have a real fight on our hands, assuming Brewter don't crumble like Brock and Byrd did.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #9
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lamon has stated he is coming right at Wlad, similar to what he did against Golota. Just to remind you folks...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Wlad hasn't fought anyone with a pulse for a while. It will be very interesting to see what happens IF Wlad gets caught with a good shot. It has been a LONG TIME.
swedeone is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #10
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez!! I had never seen this!...

The guy has some serious power!
swedeone is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #11
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am curious to see how Wlad reacts if he gets pressured.
swedeone is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
Lamon has stated he is coming right at Wlad, similar to what he did against Golota. Just to remind you folks...

Wlad hasn't fought anyone with a pulse for a while. It will be very interesting to see what happens IF Wlad gets caught with a good shot. It has been a LONG TIME.
Golota is not the same fighter as Wlad, plus Steward has been preparing him for the bumrush. Thats one thing Steward does is prepare the fighter for what most likely will happen.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #13
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
Golota is not the same fighter as Wlad, plus Steward has been preparing him for the bumrush. Thats one thing Steward does is prepare the fighter for what most likely will happen.

True... but Wlad has this little thing called Panic Attack Syndrome. He has been known to freeze like a deer in headlights when he is pressured. It's been a long time since anyone has even laid a glove on him. I think this all adds up to him getting rocked early in the fight.

Now wheter or not he is able to withstand and hurt Brewster back, is the question.
swedeone is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
True... but Wlad has this little thing called Panic Attack Syndrome. He has been known to freeze like a deer in headlights when he is pressured. It's been a long time since anyone has even laid a glove on him. I think this all adds up to him getting rocked early in the fight.

Now wheter or not he is able to withstand and hurt Brewster back, is the question.
Seems to be Wlad has been only concentrating on learning the same octupus style that Lennox Lewis had mastered under Steward. Hes shown a lot more holding in his last few fights. I see a lot of holding in the first few rounds, and then he should get Lamon frustrated enough to be setup for the KO by round 5.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #15
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ever think that that may be cause they can't penetrate the wall that is his left hand? They certinaly try to lay a glove on him, but can't get past his left hand, and usually get knocked out in the process.

You make it sound as if noone even tries to punch him, and that Brewster will be the first to try to hit him.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum