Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Default Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5_rcJ6cozs&feature=g-all-u[/ame]
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
RNS
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Yes of course he does and he wants Hopkins, Dawson, Pascal, Cloud and the rest but in reality we get Tommy Karpency and Robin Krasniqi...
RNS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS View Post
Yes of course he does and he wants Hopkins, Dawson, Pascal, Cloud and the rest but in reality we get Tommy Karpency and Robin Krasniqi...
yeh too true...but for me that's wanky *****s fault..
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS View Post
Yes of course he does and he wants Hopkins, Dawson, Pascal, Cloud and the rest but in reality we get Tommy Karpency and Robin Krasniqi...
Exactly. Someone tell him to **** off. His talk has become cheap, we'll believe it when there is a press conference.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
Pad-Man
***Team England***
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shining OUR league title!
Posts: 49
vCash: 75
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Show him some ****ing respect. He fought Bellew in his back yard already so don't be saying he's a ducker or coward. It's Frank not Nathan that's stopping the fight, wise up ffs.
Pad-Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
Duffy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 436
vCash: 217
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Why does he only want to fight bums?
Duffy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Pad-Man
***Team England***
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shining OUR league title!
Posts: 49
vCash: 75
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Why does he only want to fight bums?
Karl Murat, Tony Bellew are bums now?

Have a look through Clev record and see how he beat Dodson early on his career, have a look how he beat Danny Macintosh in roll over fight.

Karpency was a bad fight yeah but Clev most certainly isn't a bad fighter or bum of the month collector. Remember his age too.
Pad-Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
obi 1 ko
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 50
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad-Man View Post
Show him some ****ing respect. He fought Bellew in his back yard already so don't be saying he's a ducker or coward. It's Frank not Nathan that's stopping the fight, wise up ffs.
Wise up ya self .
He only fought Bellew because ****** made him .
He did not want it but it was a no brainer for Frank and the sales in Liverpool would be great .
Cleverly cant sell like Bellew , so any future discussions will all be based on who can sell the most and Clev aint a guaranteed 10-000 seller !
Bellew only needs Clev if the figures stack up and he can be guaranteed to be paid .
obi 1 ko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Duffy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 436
vCash: 217
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad-Man View Post
Karl Murat, Tony Bellew are bums now?

Have a look through Clev record and see how he beat Dodson early on his career, have a look how he beat Danny Macintosh in roll over fight.

Karpency was a bad fight yeah but Clev most certainly isn't a bad fighter or bum of the month collector. Remember his age too.
Macintosh and Dodson are hardly World level now are they?
Duffy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
Pad-Man
***Team England***
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shining OUR league title!
Posts: 49
vCash: 75
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi 1 ko View Post
Wise up ya self .
He only fought Bellew because ****** made him .
He did not want it but it was a no brainer for Frank and the sales in Liverpool would be great .
Cleverly cant sell like Bellew , so any future discussions will all be based on who can sell the most and Clev aint a guaranteed 10-000 seller !
Bellew only needs Clev if the figures stack up and he can be guaranteed to be paid .
Read Eddie Hearns comments on Belews latest fight then. He said they didn't sell out venue.
Clev is a draw in Wales but Frank won't win him fans with fights like Karpency. A rematch is ideal and should be made but anyon who calls Clev a gutless ducker is clueless because he has fought better foes than Bellew has. Check records and results if you disagree.

People are free to dislike Clev but to disregard facts is just hating.
Pad-Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
Pad-Man
***Team England***
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shining OUR league title!
Posts: 49
vCash: 75
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Macintosh and Dodson are hardly World level now are they?
No, they just happen to be ex British champs and European champ.

It's Frank not making the fights rather than the fighter not taking them.

Look at Burns as another example. Instead of top fights being lined up, Frank instead chooses.to keep everything in house to maximise revenue. Frank has to work this way so he doesn't lose out because he is on the verge of falling apart and losing everything.
Pad-Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
Bryn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Wales
Posts: 4,250
vCash: 2221
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

@ some posters in here.

He's already fought him in his back yard and beat him, yet people are calling him allsorts for not giving him an immediate rematch? Frank makes the fights and I'm sure Cleverly would take it if it was offered. Kid is a warrior.
Bryn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
@ some posters in here.

He's already fought him in his back yard and beat him, yet people are calling him allsorts for not giving him an immediate rematch? Frank makes the fights and I'm sure Cleverly would take it if it was offered. Kid is a warrior.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
Bryn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Wales
Posts: 4,250
vCash: 2221
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
That's right. Warrior.
Bryn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: @miguelredders
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 756
Default Re: Cleverly..."I want the rematch"

The Bomber will spark Clev this time round........If the fight happens.

Avatar bet again Bryn if it happens mate?
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013