boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #46
KINGOFTHE1ROUND
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 337
Default Re: SETH MITCHELL OVERRATED!!!.. im sick of the hype!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
This.

Seth needs to work on tightening his stance, straightening his punches, keeping that left hand up and his footwork. If he can clean that stuff up, I see him claiming the vacant WBC title after Vitali retires next year.
The fight will Timur featured almost no body shots from Seth. He threw many in this fight. For some reason his looping right hand keeps the power. He has a good jab but it was absent last night. He has some things to work on for sure but he still won and people are saying he sucks because he was hit flush for the first time in his career? Messed up.
KINGOFTHE1ROUND is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 02:16 AM   #47
John_Ortiz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I dont care about him beating chazz.. Bet u Seth Mitchell wont beat Eddie Chambers... who i personally stay in contact with!!..
John_Ortiz is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 02:18 AM   #48
Vladimir23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Seth "Great Black Hype" Mitchell is an overrated BUM.
Vladimir23 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 AM   #49
John_Ortiz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[quote=boranbkk;12700890]My curiosity is peaked, what do you do then?[/QUOTE

I do PR work for Eddie Chambers & Leonard Weaver... I also Race Auto Cars.. & work for the What it takes foundation... Free time I stay in the boxing gym.. Been around boxing my whole life
John_Ortiz is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #50
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Mitchell was exposed and wobbled by Witherspoon.

He wouldn't last 1 round with Vitali pressuring him and landing bombs.

Wlad? Forget about it. He couldn't get past the jab/cross. I don't know if he could even take a single solid punch from Wlad.

Mitchell does have potential, but he needs to work on fundamentals and come along slower.

He should take the next year, train his ass off, and fight 4 more fights against C level opposition to work out technical flaws.

After that step it up to take 2 fights like...Chambers/Dimitrenko/Chisora/Adamek/Arreola.

If he survives that, move on to someone tall, orthodox and who fights tall like Helenius/Fury/Thompson.

Then he might be ready to give Wlad a shot.

If Povetkin still has the paper strap, he could take that less dangerous route and skip the tall outside fighters.
Slacker is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #51
BOXING DON
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Let Mitchell fight that Latino with all the ko's and is unbeaten. Wtfk happened to him anyway, since he got sliced open in a bar fight?
BOXING DON is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #52
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXING DON View Post
Let Mitchell fight that Latino with all the ko's and is unbeaten. Wtfk happened to him anyway, since he got sliced open in a bar fight?
Fights Manuel Quezade in a couple of months, his toughest fight so far.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #53
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
True, he was a petty criminal turned boxer I believe.
Quote:
People probably said the same thing about young George Foreman. Try cutting Mitchell some slack.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You clearly don't know **** about boxing. Foreman started boxing/learned to box at Job Corps. He was there to learn a skill and became a standout amateur. He was not a criminal. Then, the man won a freaking gold medal in the Olympics. Nobody said that George was green or a hype job. The guy backed it up on an international level! You sir are a ****ing moron.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #54
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
What reasonable, knowledgeable boxing fan says he's ready for either Klitschko?

He's the top American prospect right now, is exciting and comes in shape (rare for HW fighters today), and had passed every test so far. Compare him to other HW prospects right now - Fury, Price, Helenius, etc - Mitchell is more athletic, powerful and exciting than all of them.

He's not a "bum", that's ridiculous. He's a very exciting prospect that's a couple of fights away from contending.
No.

Price and Helenius are more powerful.

Fury and Chisora's fights are more exciting.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #55
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You clearly don't know **** about boxing. Foreman started boxing/learned to box at Job Corps. He was there to learn a skill and became a standout amateur. He was not a criminal. Then, the man won a freaking gold medal in the Olympics. Nobody said that George was green or a hype job. The guy backed it up on an international level! You sir are a ****ing moron.
Did he not win the World HW title something like 6 years after first lacing them up?
Manning is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 05:12 AM   #56
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Did he not win the World HW title something like 6 years after first lacing them up?
I'm not sure how long it was from when he first started boxing to when he won his first title, however I do know that he beat every amateur in the free world to win a gold medal. His amateur record was 22-4 which is not a lot of fights, but I've never heard anyone call an Olympic gold medalist green or a hype job which was your point.

Also, he was NOT a petty criminal as you stated earlier. The man was learning a trade to better himself.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #57
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm not sure how long it was from when he first started boxing to when he won his first title, however I do know that he beat every amateur in the free world to win a gold medal. His amateur record was 22-4 which is not a lot of fights, but I've never heard anyone call an Olympic gold medalist green or a hype job which was your point.

Also, he was NOT a petty criminal as you stated earlier. The man was learning a trade to better himself.
Audley Harrison.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #58
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Audley Harrison.
I don't know what happened there. The dude fell apart, but he still is not green, nor was he a hype job. You don't win a gold medal without some serious skills. At one point the dude was the best (amateur) in the world, and no matter what has happened since, you can't take that away from him.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #59
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'm not sure how long it was from when he first started boxing to when he won his first title,

"Won his first amateur fight on January 26, 1967 by a first-round knockout in the Parks Diamond Belt Tournament."
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Foreman[/ame]

Won World title against Joe Frazier in 1973.

Quote:
Ihowever I do know that he beat every amateur in the free world to win a gold medal. His amateur record was 22-4 which is not a lot of fights, but I've never heard anyone call an Olympic gold medalist green or a hype job which was your point.

Quote:
and Foreman often roamed the streets of Houston, getting into trouble. He was bigger and stronger than most boys his age, and he wandered the streets, living in abandoned houses, picking pockets, mugging drunks, and making trouble for everyone he met. His mother, overwhelmed by his bad behavior, was hospitalized for emotional collapse when he was 14.
Quote:
One night, however, he had an experience that woke him up to the truth about his life. He told Hans J. Massaquoi in Ebony that after mugging some people, he crawled under a house to hide from the pursuing police and their dogs: "I started remembering from television shows that whenever the criminals were getting pursued, they would go into the water so the dogs couldn't sniff them. So I started digging myself under the mud. And for the first time I realized that I had become a criminal. I had dropped out of school and didn't know what to do with my life."
At this point, he remembered seeing a television commercial for the Job Corps, a program that educated young people and gave them job skills. He signed up the next day, and after an initial period of adjustment, learned bricklaying, forestry, and carpentry; he also learned to read and write. To siphon off the energy he used to spend street fighting, he learned the sport of boxing. Each month, he sent $50 home to his mother.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Manning is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #60
tobias
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Maybe, but he throws heavy punches.

Last edited by tobias; 04-30-2012 at 10:23 AM.
tobias is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum