Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #46
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson: Improves to 7-1 against top-five opponents

Im a chad dawson fan. it sucks that i've only been to one of his fights, his most boring of the whole list, even more boring than the bernard hopkins NC, glen johnson 2. luckily alfredo angulo annihilated harry joe yorgey on the undercard and I got to meet demetrius andrade.
m8te is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #47
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
Honestly I don't know why he gets so much criticism, the tools and talent are there...I think people get upset that he doesn't have a crowd pleasing style UNLESS you're into technical bouts.
For the love of donuts, technical does not always equate to boring! Technical means to have lots of skill. I thought Morales-Barrera trilogy was fought with a lot of that despite the first bout being savage. Carbajal-Gonzalez 1 as well.

As far as Dawson, I think people press him to use his freakish speed which I noticed him doing a bit more of against Hopkins. That along with his frustrating mental lapses throughout his career.
techks is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #48
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

People want to compare Chad's previous wins with this one, I mean even if he won 116-112 on three judges cards and was rocked by Glen, just listen to what he had to say about a 47 year old that you were/are writing out:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXx6qnKRmPs&feature=related[/ame]
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #49
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
People want to compare Chad's previous wins with this one, I mean even if he won 116-112 on three judges cards and was rocked by Glen, just listen to what he had to say about a 47 year old that you were/are writing out:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
He's giving him tons of credit. I don't know about you, but his legs didn't seem like it had much zip in it as it did 3yrs. ago when he fought Kelly Pavlik, plus his workrate deteriated towards the end of the fight. He fought good the last 2 rounds but he's definetly not the same fighter he used to be but still put up a pretty decent fight. Either way I think he should reitre, he has nothing else to prove anymore and he'd be taking too much of a risk if he continues on.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #50
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
He's giving him tons of credit. I don't know about you, but his legs didn't seem like it had much zip in it as it did 3yrs. ago when he fought Kelly Pavlik, plus his workrate deteriated towards the end of the fight. He fought good the last 2 rounds but he's definetly not the same fighter he used to be but still put up a pretty decent fight. Either way I think he should reitre, he has nothing else to prove anymore and he'd be taking too much of a risk if he continues on.
An expert friend of mine around here and who's a big supporter for Bute, tells me quite frankly that this Hopkins can and would have beaten Bute if it was him and Bute last Sat... He has no fan affair with Hop like we do. Canibus, swallow this and simply let the man carry on like he wants to or doesn't want to... I've been sayin the same about Evander , James Toney, Roy and quite many others, we all gat to go sometime. you wanna go there cozy in your bed with the preacher by ur side? They don't, they want to take it.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #51
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
An expert friend of mine around here and who's a big supporter for Bute, tells me quite frankly that this Hopkins can and would have beaten Bute if it was him and Bute last Sat... He has no fan affair with Hop like we do. Canibus, swallow this and simply let the man carry on like he wants to or doesn't want to... I've been sayin the same about Evander , James Toney, Roy and quite many others, we all gat to go sometime. you wanna go there cozy in your bed with the preacher by ur side? They don't, they want to take it.

Your probably right that he would of beatin Bute, but Hopkins has not legitimatly loss a fight since the 1st RJ fight. The Calzaghe and Taylor fight I thought he won but he definetly loss this fight this past saturday and because he's not physically as good as he was when he first moved up to the lightheavyweight division, it's gonna make his fights more competitive and difficult to win like he used to. But of course it's his decision, i'll still root for him but that old magic isn't there anymore and he's risking it too much. Why end up like Roy and Tyson by fighting on too much longer, it's not worth it IMO. His resume is already historic.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #52
bobandweave
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley View Post
He has fought a lot of guys it's difficult to look good against. You don't steamroll Hopkins, Tarver or Johnson. He looked great against Adamek and terrible against Pascal, no doubt, but I'd say he has looked pretty good against some tough people. The only controversial win was Johnson I.

Everybody looks bad against Hopkins, even if they beat him. Nevertheless, Hopkins made Tarver look sick, and he knocked out Johnson. A man with the kind of talent that Dawson has should do no less.
bobandweave is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #53
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
So the judges got him put on his ass twice in the first round, and made him give away the 11th and 12th...the judges made that happen?
Cloud looked like **** and got thoroughly outboxed after the 1st rd. No way Cloud won that, are you his mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
Your probably right that he would of beatin Bute, but Hopkins has not legitimatly loss a fight since the 1st RJ fight. The Calzaghe and Taylor fight I thought he won but he definetly loss this fight this past saturday and because he's not physically as good as he was when he first moved up to the lightheavyweight division, it's gonna make his fights more competitive and difficult to win like he used to. But of course it's his decision, i'll still root for him but that old magic isn't there anymore and he's risking it too much. Why end up like Roy and Tyson by fighting on too much longer, it's not worth it IMO. His resume is already historic.
Yep Dawson left no question and no one has done that since Roy I agree. With his future we all would love Hopkins to not risk his health too much as fans but its up to him in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandweave View Post
Everybody looks bad against Hopkins, even if they beat him. Nevertheless, Hopkins made Tarver look sick, and he knocked out Johnson. A man with the kind of talent that Dawson has should do no less.
Still amazing Hops is 47 and 93-now no one had the ease that Roy did against him. Shows how special Roy was.

With Dawson I like him and he's talented and I hope this win gave him the confidence/fighting spirit he needs. He says since he made it past the rough affair with Hopkins he can make it against anything so Chad needs to back up his words and hopefully he does.
techks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum