Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chris Eubank... What is he up to these days?

Eubank says he is his sons 'technical trainer' whereas Ronnie Davies is the 'motivator'. He also claims Davies was only his 'caretaker' not his trainer, and that he actually trained Davies not the other way round!?

He's in Angola or somewhere a lot of the time training their national squad.
atberry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
Paup snith
P4P most avoided champ
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
Eubank says he is his sons 'technical trainer' whereas Ronnie Davies is the 'motivator'. He also claims Davies was only his 'caretaker' not his trainer, and that he actually trained Davies not the other way round!?

He's in Angola or somewhere a lot of the time training their national squad.
If eubank snr was anything to do with the corner or training, why was he sat ringside at his sons last fight making a big show about going over in between rounds to talk to his son? To me it's meddling at its worst
Paup snith is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
paulko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paup snith View Post
If eubank snr was anything to do with the corner or training, why was he sat ringside at his sons last fight making a big show about going over in between rounds to talk to his son? To me it's meddling at its worst
atberry might just be Chris..
paulko is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
porkypara
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

He is training boxers in Africa belive it or not.

Think it might be Angola but not 100% sure.
porkypara is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 03:30 AM   #20
Paup snith
P4P most avoided champ
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulko View Post
atberry might just be Chris..
I keep hearing this, but i am a non believer
Paup snith is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 03:37 AM   #21
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Speak to Boggle.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #22
Knack
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 706

I love it how people on forums think they know more about how to coach a boxer than a previous world champion.

Plonker.
Knack is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #23
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paup snith View Post
What's that got to do with anything?

I am merely agreeing with the fact that I think his meddling at this period in his sons career is damaging, and that he should leave him the **** alone.
I dont think he is meddling, he can only he helping him, he's been there and done it so he knows, thats what it's got to ****ing do about it!
rampant is online now  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #24
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knack View Post
I love it how people on forums think they know more about how to coach a boxer than a previous world champion.

Plonker.
No, maybe they think that a boxing trainer with a qualifications to coach knows better than an ex pro who has never trained anyone.

Gazza was a fantastic footballer, would you want him managing your team? Now, how was Jose Mourinho's career as a footballer?

If Chris Eubank thinks he knows better than a coach then he should take his badges and train his son himself, which means actually being in his corner and not sitting ringside in a suit to be interviewed before getting up to give 10 seconds worth of input to his son inbetween rounds.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #25
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
No, maybe they think that a boxing trainer with a qualifications to coach knows better than an ex pro who has never trained anyone.

Gazza was a fantastic footballer, would you want him managing your team? Now, how was Jose Mourinho's career as a footballer?

If Chris Eubank thinks he knows better than a coach then he should take his badges and train his son himself, which means actually being in his corner and not sitting ringside in a suit to be interviewed before getting up to give 10 seconds worth of input to his son inbetween rounds.
Who says Eubank Snr knows better? he's ****ing helping his son! ffs!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #26
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
Who says Eubank Snr knows better? he's ****ing helping his son! ffs!
He is interfering during fights whilst his son is being given advice from a qualified boxing coach who is paid to train and advise him mid fight. Helping his son would be before and after fights giving him tips, telling him how to deal with fame etc. Maybe he can do a great job coaching him, in which case he should be in his sons corner helping him properly, like Enzo Calzaghe did for Joe.

Being ring side and nipping up to butt in for 10 seconds whilst the man whose job it is to advise him is talking, is not useful IMO and is distracting. Even the commentators during the last bout commented on it.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #27
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He is interfering during fights whilst his son is being given advice from a qualified boxing coach who is paid to train and advise him mid fight. Helping his son would be before and after fights giving him tips, telling him how to deal with fame etc. Maybe he can do a great job coaching him, in which case he should be in his sons corner helping him properly, like Enzo Calzaghe did for Joe.

Being ring side and nipping up to butt in for 10 seconds whilst the man whose job it is to advise him is talking, is not useful IMO and is distracting. Even the commentators during the last bout commented on it.
Ok you know better, fair enough! it's his son, he was a boxer I thinkits failry natural but hey ho!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #28
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

If I was Jr I would definately be telling Sr to **** off
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #29
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
Ok you know better, fair enough! it's his son, he was a boxer I thinkits failry natural but hey ho!
It's nothing to do with me knowing better. It is about a professional set up or having your Dad wander over mid advice from the man you pay to train you. Alex Ferguson had Jordi Cruyff at Man U years back, as I'm sure you're aware Jordi's dad was a footballer of some note himself.

What do you think Ferguson would have said if during every half time, Johan Cruyff walked into the dressing room to talk to his son?

I agree it is natural for Sr to want to do it, just as any family member or friend likes to shout advice to a fighter, but either he should be in the corner because he is really needed and can help or he should stay in his seat. The fact that he was a great boxer does not make him a great coach or mean that it is helpful for Jr to have two different people giving him various advice during breaks.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #30
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It's nothing to do with me knowing better. It is about a professional set up or having your Dad wander over mid advice from the man you pay to train you. Alex Ferguson had Jordi Cruyff at Man U years back, as I'm sure you're aware Jordi's dad was a footballer of some note himself.

What do you think Ferguson would have said if during every half time, Johan Cruyff walked into the dressing room to talk to his son?

I agree it is natural for Sr to want to do it, just as any family member or friend likes to shout advice to a fighter, but either he should be in the corner because he is really needed and can help or he should stay in his seat. The fact that he was a great boxer does not make him a great coach or mean that it is helpful for Jr to have two different people giving him various advice during breaks.
Its different, if they went into the dressing room inbetween rounds it would be the same!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum