Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #16
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Sergio Martinez go up to 168 or a catch weight in between to face Kelly Pavl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
And? Taylor and miranda was weight drain too but I dont see you or any other pavlik make excuses for them cause it aint pavlik.
Didn't Miranda go up in weight against Abraham 3 fights later and lost via K.O in round 4!!? So what does weight prove? And how the heck was Taylor drained for their first fight? He was fighting tons of fights at 160 before the Pavlik fight!

Go look at the records instead of spewing BS!
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict

vCash: 88
Default Re: Will Sergio Martinez go up to 168 or a catch weight in between to face Kelly Pavl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
And he'll get one in which he signed a contract to fight the winner of chavez jr vs lee. Anybody with a f4cking brain knows that moving up at 168 pounds or 164 catchweight is too high for martinez in which he's already small at mw. You pavlik fans cant stand your hero lost. This stuff cause he's weight drain (so was taylor first fight and miranda) and he was drinking (according to pavlik he started drinking since the taylor rematch) is a flat out bs excuse. If pavlik was weight drain then why nobody say pavlik look drain in the weigh in? <<Answer this?
answer this... sure.

I am not bitter he lost! Sergio is a talent for sure. The "weight drain" Was because Kelly was in rehab the last 2 weeks of training camp and had to drop 17 lbs the week of the fight!

Meaning he was no where near 100%. yet he won 4 rounds and scored a KD.

What I dont understand is EVERYBODY now thinks Sergio is This ****ing boxing god and is p4p??? He beat the shit out of a 50% Kelly Pavlik, not a Fully prepared one! And it was his right to refuse the rematch at 164 lbs because it wasnt contracted!

Give Pavlik his due.. He is not a shitty Bum fighter. Sergio Just caught him on the one night he could defeat kelly. And if they do it again, Which Kelly has said Ill go down to 162-163. Under Robert Garcia, it will be a Totally Different Outcome is my Honest opinion!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #18
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
answer this... sure.

I am not bitter he lost! Sergio is a talent for sure. The "weight drain" Was because Kelly was in rehab the last 2 weeks of training camp and had to drop 17 lbs the week of the fight!

Meaning he was no where near 100%. yet he won 4 rounds and scored a KD.

What I dont understand is EVERYBODY now thinks Sergio is This ****ing boxing god and is p4p??? He beat the shit out of a 50% Kelly Pavlik, not a Fully prepared one! And it was his right to refuse the rematch at 164 lbs because it wasnt contracted!

Give Pavlik his due.. He is not a shitty Bum fighter. Sergio Just caught him on the one night he could defeat kelly. And if they do it again, Which Kelly has said Ill go down to 162-163. Under Robert Garcia, it will be a Totally Different Outcome is my Honest opinion!
I don't know why anyone should believe anything coming out of the Garcia camp about guys making weights after the nonsense with Rios.
purephase is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
Martinez started his career at 147, 168 is too much for him in my opinion. If he was to move up to 168 I would rather see him fight others at that division instead of Pavlik.
Martinez has the frame to fight at 168. The problem is that the top fighters at 168 don't reperesent a big enough payday considering how likely they are to beat him.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #20
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
I don't know why anyone should believe anything coming out of the Garcia camp about guys making weights after the nonsense with Rios.
I hear ya!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
Saccowalace
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 390

what would be the point? he already beat him decisively
Saccowalace is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Martinez has the frame to fight at 168. The problem is that the top fighters at 168 don't reperesent a big enough payday considering how likely they are to beat him.
Kelly was considered a "Big MW" when he entered the ring at 168 for Pavlik/Taylor 1. Sergio has entered the ring at 170 yet people keep claiming HE is a small MW.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #23
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccowalace View Post
what would be the point? he already beat him decisively
My point is he beat a Kelly Pavlik who was half the fighter we know him to be!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #24
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict

Regardless of if they fight again at 160, 162, 164, 168 KElly is gonna weighanywhere from 170-175 on fight night.
RustBelt is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #25
Saccowalace
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
My point is he beat a Kelly Pavlik who was half the fighter we know him to be!

then the answer is no. kelly will never have the name he once had hence no reason to fight him.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #26
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
then the answer is no. kelly will never have the name he once had hence no reason to fight him.
What is it about Bob Arum and Top Rank PROMOTIONS is it that you seem to fail to comprehend here?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
Saccowalace
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
What is it about Bob Arum and Top Rank PROMOTIONS is it that you seem to fail to comprehend here?
good point, even better reason they wont fight!

he is not a top rank fighter so greedy bob wont have it lol
Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
good point, even better reason they wont fight!

he is not a top rank fighter so greedy bob wont have it lol
Arum has worked with Dibella before. It's TR and GBP that is tough to make happen.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
bmf95b
Boxing Fan
ESB Addict

no need to do so.
bmf95b is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #30
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Sergio is a 154lb fighter fighting at 160...why do you think he should move up to 168...The guy can eat full meals and make 154...
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum