Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #31
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sergio Martinez go up to 168 or a catch weight in between to face Kelly Pavl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
What is it about Bob Arum and Top Rank PROMOTIONS is it that you seem to fail to comprehend here?
true...but it is not very often...just certain fighters. With that said, he is FINALLY putting Chavez Jr. in with Martinez this September...unless some bullshit excuse Arum makes come's up.
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #32
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Will Sergio Martinez go up to 168 or a catch weight in between to face Kelly Pavl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
true...but it is not very often...just certain fighters. With that said, he is FINALLY putting Chavez Jr. in with Martinez this September...unless some bullshit excuse Arum makes come's up.
No contract signed and Kelly seems to think the fight is his. Jr could move up.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #33
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Martinez has the frame to fight at 168. The problem is that the top fighters at 168 don't reperesent a big enough payday considering how likely they are to beat him.
That's bs. Martinez dont have the frame to fight at 168 pounds. He's a small mw for good ness sake. Look at the bodysize of Barker and Martinez when they fought and u tell me again Martinez has the body frame of 168 pounds?
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #34
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:
No contract signed and Kelly seems to think the fight is his. Jr could move up.
Chavez Jr. has said he will fight Sergio in September...if he backs out he will be even more of a bitch, and I don't think he wants to continue to be looked at like that.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #35
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
we all know the story.

Sergio and Lou Dibella knew the caught Kelly Pavlik on the One night they could beat him!

Now Sergio wants a Big money fight and will not face Pavlik again!
Stop just stop....

Pavlik would never be able to beat Martinez. Any weight it does not matter. Martinez is too quick for him and that is what killed Pavlik. The speed and angles. Its obvious if you dont give Pavlik angles he will just walk you down.

Pavlik is just always going to be a B or B- fighter. People wanted to believe he was a A level fighter but he never was. Just a B fighter with some power who occasionally will have some good runs.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #36
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

If he goes to 168 it wont be to fight Pavlik... but the top guys... Froch, Kessler, Ward, Bute.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #37
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Quote:
Kelly was considered a "Big MW" when he entered the ring at 168 for Pavlik/Taylor 1. Sergio has entered the ring at 170 yet people keep claiming HE is a small MW.
"Short"middleweight might be a better way to describe Sergio. Hes a career 154lber started out as a welterweight. It doesn't matter what they come into the ring as Sergios opponents can come in 170 fightnight too so haterz can stop their cryin what matters is they make the weight at the weigh in.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #38
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If Kelly was undisputed champ at 168, then yeah, if Sergio wanted it, he'd be the one who needed to move up to 168 and get it. I don't believe titles should be up for grabs at catch-weights period. Catch-weight fights are basically experimental exhibitions, a way to make "fantasy match-ups" a reality.

Kelly is pretty much nobody now, though, and if anything he should go all the way down to 160 to fight Sergio in a glorified tune-up.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #39
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict

vCash: 88

Um, Kelly used 2 fight at 147
RustBelt is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #40
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He should not fight Pavlik until Pavlik proves he is at the top of the MW division again, if he can even make MW again.
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #41
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobblock View Post
If Kelly was undisputed champ at 168, then yeah, if Sergio wanted it, he'd be the one who needed to move up to 168 and get it. I don't believe titles should be up for grabs at catch-weights period. Catch-weight fights are basically experimental exhibitions, a way to make "fantasy match-ups" a reality.

Kelly is pretty much nobody now, though, and if anything he should go all the way down to 160 to fight Sergio in a glorified tune-up.
Kelly gave Sergio a shot, Sergio should return the favor.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:
Kelly gave Sergio a shot, Sergio should return the favor.
Kelly isn't what he used to be in terms of draw power...and right now, Kelly needs more fights under his belt before he can even think about Sergio...as bad as Martinez dominated him..I'd hate to see what would happen to KP if he fought him again...He'd end up even more bloody..

Plus KP is at 168...I haven't seen him fight anyone at 160 since the Martinez fight I believe.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #43
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
Kelly isn't what he used to be in terms of draw power...and right now, Kelly needs more fights under his belt before he can even think about Sergio...as bad as Martinez dominated him..I'd hate to see what would happen to KP if he fought him again...He'd end up even more bloody..

Plus KP is at 168...I haven't seen him fight anyone at 160 since the Martinez fight I believe.

once again i should just copy and paste this every ****ing time...

People like to take the facts and throw them out the window and not give credit where its due.

Point 1- dominated, The 8 rounds Martinez won. sure.

what is a standard training camp length for Championship Fights? 8 weeks

Kelly spent the LAST 2 Weeks of training camp in Rehab hence that the 6 weeks that he was there basically was a waste of time. Dropping 17 lbs the week of fight doesn't help either.

so a 50% Kelly Pavlik won 4 rounds and scored a Knockdown? Imagine what a 100% focused Kelly Pavlik Would have done that Night?

Take that into consideration please.

2nd Point - More Bloody... Im Sorry But a 100% Focused Kelly Pavlik Trained Under Robert Garcia is the one who is going to Create the Blood!

Kelly didnt have 2 fight Sergio. He was not his Mando. So return The favor Sergio if you think you can do it again.
RustBelt is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #44
judgeJAB
Skills to pay the bills!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
once again i should just copy and paste this every ****ing time...

People like to take the facts and throw them out the window and not give credit where its due.

Point 1- dominated, The 8 rounds Martinez won. sure.

what is a standard training camp length for Championship Fights? 8 weeks

Kelly spent the LAST 2 Weeks of training camp in Rehab hence that the 6 weeks that he was there basically was a waste of time. Dropping 17 lbs the week of fight doesn't help either.

so a 50% Kelly Pavlik won 4 rounds and scored a Knockdown? Imagine what a 100% focused Kelly Pavlik Would have done that Night?

Take that into consideration please.

2nd Point - More Bloody... Im Sorry But a 100% Focused Kelly Pavlik Trained Under Robert Garcia is the one who is going to Create the Blood!

Kelly didnt have 2 fight Sergio. He was not his Mando. So return The favor Sergio if you think you can do it again.

Will you quit with the ****-sucking? Sergio EARNED his shot by giving Paul Williams hell. KP was supposed to fight PDub, but pulled out due to that staph infection, and instead of fighting the WINNER of the PDub / Martinez I fight, Pavlik chose to fight the LOSER. Pav scored a knockdown off Sergio's bad balance (if you wanna give him so much ****ing credit for the KD, then I suggest you see PDub's KD of Sergio. Same kinda KD, on top of the head when Sergio's balance is off. You can even watch Sergio smile as the "punch" Pav landed didn't even hurt him.) Sergio moved UP to the champ's weight class, and proved that he is the better man, and KP blamed it on not being able to make 160, so he chose to move on. If he wanted that rematch that you're whining about, dont'cha think he would have taken it if he thought he could win it?

Pavlik fans never give credit where credit is due, and instead want to hang onto the excuses that Pavlik was drained and that he was in rehab. I don't know about you, but those sound like some ****ing personal problems, not Sergio's. Maybe Pavlik should take better care of himself when he knows he has to fight and defend titles that he won. I've been laying off this thread because I would have a mother****ing field day with you Pavlik nut-huggers that swear that Martinez only won because KP wasn't smart enough to prepare properly for the biggest title defense of his career. Pavlik needs to EARN his shot, not get handed one because "insert Pavlik fan excuse here." Shut the **** up and get over it. Pavlik won the rounds that Sergio takes OFF, that's not a huge accomplishment seeing as he's prepping for that second wind that KP's bloody face can tell you ALL about. Quit ****ing screaming rematch, dude got dominated and HE knows it, hence why he ****ing moved on.
judgeJAB is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #45
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeJAB View Post
Will you quit with the ****-sucking? Sergio EARNED his shot by giving Paul Williams hell. KP was supposed to fight PDub, but pulled out due to that staph infection, and instead of fighting the WINNER of the PDub / Martinez I fight, Pavlik chose to fight the LOSER. Pav scored a knockdown off Sergio's bad balance (if you wanna give him so much ****ing credit for the KD, then I suggest you see PDub's KD of Sergio. Same kinda KD, on top of the head when Sergio's balance is off. You can even watch Sergio smile as the "punch" Pav landed didn't even hurt him.) Sergio moved UP to the champ's weight class, and proved that he is the better man, and KP blamed it on not being able to make 160, so he chose to move on. If he wanted that rematch that you're whining about, dont'cha think he would have taken it if he thought he could win it?

Pavlik fans never give credit where credit is due, and instead want to hang onto the excuses that Pavlik was drained and that he was in rehab. I don't know about you, but those sound like some ****ing personal problems, not Sergio's. Maybe Pavlik should take better care of himself when he knows he has to fight and defend titles that he won. I've been laying off this thread because I would have a mother****ing field day with you Pavlik nut-huggers that swear that Martinez only won because KP wasn't smart enough to prepare properly for the biggest title defense of his career. Pavlik needs to EARN his shot, not get handed one because "insert Pavlik fan excuse here." Shut the **** up and get over it. Pavlik won the rounds that Sergio takes OFF, that's not a huge accomplishment seeing as he's prepping for that second wind that KP's bloody face can tell you ALL about. Quit ****ing screaming rematch, dude got dominated and HE knows it, hence why he ****ing moved on.
I will give credit where its due! And Sergio is a great fighter. what sits uneasy with me is you cant even admit That The slugger we know as Kelly Pavlik could have possibly WOn The fight if he was 100%. Thats My Whole ****ing point!

I am not a Nuthugger, I am from the same area as him and have been a Fan of his for years, not just because he is from the same place as me, but because you know he isnt gonna be a bitch in the ring! He is gonna go out swinging! I could give a shit less if he partys, he is a grown man and can do what he wants!

So since 80% Of ESB says Kelly is a Bum, Then why all of a sudden is ***Y SERGIO ****ing P4P and unstoppable at Middleweight? If he beat a bum then there is no way he should be SO highly thought of.?

The Best Win on Sergio's record is Kelly Pavlik and will always Be Kelly Pavlik.
RustBelt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum