Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4047
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
im pretty damn sure EVERYONE that knows who mayweather is has seen it.
Hmmmm, I never did. I've been watching FMJ for years. Not everyone hears these radio shows.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #17
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasfan1985 View Post
Hmmmm, I never did. I've been watching FMJ for years. Not everyone hears these radio shows.
fair enuff. i thought u were just recycling an old ass vid uve seen years ago.
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
fair enuff. i thought u were just recycling an old ass vid uve seen already years ago.
Nah, I heard the Rude Jude interview first, which was ****ing amazing. Then I found this older one on YouTube. Both are ****ing great.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW2FvfFKBsw[/ame]

"I guarantee you, you're not black."
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
they make a point there. undefeated dont mean shite

Yes it does. If being undefeated didn't mean shit, then that would mean that losing all your fights wouldn't mean shit. Winning and losing obviously means something in boxing. Being undefeated doesn't mean everything, but it does mean something. And let's be real, it's not like Mayweather has been fighting bums.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

after they said he was scared of mosley, floyd says was shane mosley on roids? the same thing he did with pac man
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Yes it does. If being undefeated didn't mean shit, then that would mean that losing all your fights wouldn't mean shit. Winning and losing obviously means something in boxing. Being undefeated doesn't mean everything, but it does mean something. And let's be real, it's not like Mayweather has been fighting bums.
He's cherry-picked most of his fights. It means nothing to me.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
box247
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Old interview been talked about on here awhile back
box247 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

"24/7 are more interesting than your fights are." LOL
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
did u hear the interview? so peter mcneely who was undefeated before he fought tyson, was the best ever. undefeated dont mean shite. u got to face the best to be the best. hes padded his record with guys he knows he can beat
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #25
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
did u hear the interiew? so peter mcneely who was undefeated before he fought tyson, was the best ever
Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #26
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasfan1985 View Post
He's cherry-picked most of his fights. It means nothing to me.
The term cherry picking is meaningless anymore. It's an over used term, that you can bend and twist to fight with pretty much any top level fighter. Think about it, you posted an audio clip where a guy admonishes Mayweather for not fighting guys that are top 2 in his divison, and claims he needs to fight Mosley. Well, his very next fight was against Mosley. His next 3 fights, including his upcoming one, will all be against guys top 2 in his division or higher.

Right now, you could list reasonable opponents(Meaning guys around his weight class) that you think would be credible opponents for Mayweather. Even if he fought one of those guys before the end of the year, there would be a whole other group of people who would rationalize that the opponent was cherry picked and not credible.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #27
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
did u hear the interview? so peter mcneely who was undefeated before he fought tyson, was the best ever. undefeated dont mean shite. u got to face the best to be the best. hes padded his record with guys he knows he can beat

Frankly I question whether or not you carefully read my response. What you wrote hear indicates that you didn't. Again, if being undefeated meant nothing, then losing all of your fights would mean nothing. That would essentially mean that winning and losing mean nothing in boxing. We all know that's not true. Winning means something in this sport. Being undefeated means something. Now obviously a guy isn't neccesarily the best ever because he's undefeated, but you can't just dissmiss it either.

In the case of Mayweather, not only is he undefeated, he's beating good fighters as well. He's been on the p4p lists since 1998, and he's won titles in 5 different weight classes; amassing a record of 20-0 in championship fights. I'd like you to name me one other fighter in the history of the sport who has collected titles in 5 different weight classes without taking a loss. You also have to ask yourself why he has been ranked as one of the best fighters in the sport for almost 15 years if his record is so padded. Hell, he came in 2nd in the fighter of the decade vote. He would've been first had he not taken so much time off.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Frankly I question whether or not you carefully read my response. What you wrote hear indicates that you didn't. Again, if being undefeated meant nothing, then losing all of your fights would mean nothing. That would essentially mean that winning and losing mean nothing in boxing. We all know that's not true. Winning means something in this sport. Being undefeated means something. Now obviously a guy isn't neccesarily the best ever because he's undefeated, but you can't just dissmiss it either.

In the case of Mayweather, not only is he undefeated, he's beating good fighters as well. He's been on the p4p lists since 1998, and he's won titles in 5 different weight classes; amassing a record of 20-0 in championship fights. I'd like you to name me one other fighter in the history of the sport who has collected titles in 5 different weight classes without taking a loss. You also have to ask yourself why he has been ranked as one of the best fighters in the sport for almost 15 years if his record is so padded. Hell, he came in 2nd in the fighter of the decade vote. He would've been first had he not taken so much time off.
He avoided some big fights too. Can't deny that shit.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
Hotsauce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
The term cherry picking is meaningless anymore. It's an over used term, that you can bend and twist to fight with pretty much any top level fighter. Think about it, you posted an audio clip where a guy admonishes Mayweather for not fighting guys that are top 2 in his divison, and claims he needs to fight Mosley. Well, his very next fight was against Mosley. His next 3 fights, including his upcoming one, will all be against guys top 2 in his division or higher.

Right now, you could list reasonable opponents(Meaning guys around his weight class) that you think would be credible opponents for Mayweather. Even if he fought one of those guys before the end of the year, there would be a whole other group of people who would rationalize that the opponent was cherry picked and not credible.
like canelo?
Hotsauce is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #30
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotsauce View Post
like canelo?
Canelo is trash. He wouldn't be ready for Floyd in the next 5 years. GTFO.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum