Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Posts: 5,319
vCash: 4047
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
im pretty damn sure EVERYONE that knows who mayweather is has seen it.
Hmmmm, I never did. I've been watching FMJ for years. Not everyone hears these radio shows.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #17
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 10,177
vCash: 327
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasfan1985 View Post
Hmmmm, I never did. I've been watching FMJ for years. Not everyone hears these radio shows.
fair enuff. i thought u were just recycling an old ass vid uve seen years ago.
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Posts: 5,319
vCash: 4047
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
fair enuff. i thought u were just recycling an old ass vid uve seen already years ago.
Nah, I heard the Rude Jude interview first, which was ****ing amazing. Then I found this older one on YouTube. Both are ****ing great.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW2FvfFKBsw[/ame]

"I guarantee you, you're not black."
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 19,095
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
they make a point there. undefeated dont mean shite

Yes it does. If being undefeated didn't mean shit, then that would mean that losing all your fights wouldn't mean shit. Winning and losing obviously means something in boxing. Being undefeated doesn't mean everything, but it does mean something. And let's be real, it's not like Mayweather has been fighting bums.
BigReg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

after they said he was scared of mosley, floyd says was shane mosley on roids? the same thing he did with pac man
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Posts: 5,319
vCash: 4047
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Yes it does. If being undefeated didn't mean shit, then that would mean that losing all your fights wouldn't mean shit. Winning and losing obviously means something in boxing. Being undefeated doesn't mean everything, but it does mean something. And let's be real, it's not like Mayweather has been fighting bums.
He's cherry-picked most of his fights. It means nothing to me.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
box247
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,115
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Old interview been talked about on here awhile back
box247 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Posts: 5,319
vCash: 4047
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

"24/7 are more interesting than your fights are." LOL
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Yes it does. If being undefeated didn't mean shit, then that would mean that losing all your fights wouldn't mean shit. Winning and losing obviously means something in boxing. Being undefeated doesn't mean everything, but it does mean something. And let's be real, it's not like Mayweather has been fighting bums.
did u hear the interview? so peter mcneely who was undefeated before he fought tyson, was the best ever. undefeated dont mean shite. u got to face the best to be the best. hes padded his record with guys he knows he can beat
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #25
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Posts: 5,319
vCash: 4047
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
did u hear the interiew? so peter mcneely who was undefeated before he fought tyson, was the best ever
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #26
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 19,095
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasfan1985 View Post
He's cherry-picked most of his fights. It means nothing to me.
The term cherry picking is meaningless anymore. It's an over used term, that you can bend and twist to fight with pretty much any top level fighter. Think about it, you posted an audio clip where a guy admonishes Mayweather for not fighting guys that are top 2 in his divison, and claims he needs to fight Mosley. Well, his very next fight was against Mosley. His next 3 fights, including his upcoming one, will all be against guys top 2 in his division or higher.

Right now, you could list reasonable opponents(Meaning guys around his weight class) that you think would be credible opponents for Mayweather. Even if he fought one of those guys before the end of the year, there would be a whole other group of people who would rationalize that the opponent was cherry picked and not credible.
BigReg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #27
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 19,095
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
did u hear the interview? so peter mcneely who was undefeated before he fought tyson, was the best ever. undefeated dont mean shite. u got to face the best to be the best. hes padded his record with guys he knows he can beat

Frankly I question whether or not you carefully read my response. What you wrote hear indicates that you didn't. Again, if being undefeated meant nothing, then losing all of your fights would mean nothing. That would essentially mean that winning and losing mean nothing in boxing. We all know that's not true. Winning means something in this sport. Being undefeated means something. Now obviously a guy isn't neccesarily the best ever because he's undefeated, but you can't just dissmiss it either.

In the case of Mayweather, not only is he undefeated, he's beating good fighters as well. He's been on the p4p lists since 1998, and he's won titles in 5 different weight classes; amassing a record of 20-0 in championship fights. I'd like you to name me one other fighter in the history of the sport who has collected titles in 5 different weight classes without taking a loss. You also have to ask yourself why he has been ranked as one of the best fighters in the sport for almost 15 years if his record is so padded. Hell, he came in 2nd in the fighter of the decade vote. He would've been first had he not taken so much time off.
BigReg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Posts: 5,319
vCash: 4047
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Frankly I question whether or not you carefully read my response. What you wrote hear indicates that you didn't. Again, if being undefeated meant nothing, then losing all of your fights would mean nothing. That would essentially mean that winning and losing mean nothing in boxing. We all know that's not true. Winning means something in this sport. Being undefeated means something. Now obviously a guy isn't neccesarily the best ever because he's undefeated, but you can't just dissmiss it either.

In the case of Mayweather, not only is he undefeated, he's beating good fighters as well. He's been on the p4p lists since 1998, and he's won titles in 5 different weight classes; amassing a record of 20-0 in championship fights. I'd like you to name me one other fighter in the history of the sport who has collected titles in 5 different weight classes without taking a loss. You also have to ask yourself why he has been ranked as one of the best fighters in the sport for almost 15 years if his record is so padded. Hell, he came in 2nd in the fighter of the decade vote. He would've been first had he not taken so much time off.
He avoided some big fights too. Can't deny that shit.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
Hotsauce
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
The term cherry picking is meaningless anymore. It's an over used term, that you can bend and twist to fight with pretty much any top level fighter. Think about it, you posted an audio clip where a guy admonishes Mayweather for not fighting guys that are top 2 in his divison, and claims he needs to fight Mosley. Well, his very next fight was against Mosley. His next 3 fights, including his upcoming one, will all be against guys top 2 in his division or higher.

Right now, you could list reasonable opponents(Meaning guys around his weight class) that you think would be credible opponents for Mayweather. Even if he fought one of those guys before the end of the year, there would be a whole other group of people who would rationalize that the opponent was cherry picked and not credible.
like canelo?
Hotsauce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #30
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Posts: 5,319
vCash: 4047
Default Re: Floyd getting owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotsauce View Post
like canelo?
Canelo is trash. He wouldn't be ready for Floyd in the next 5 years. GTFO.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013