Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who most likely wins the tourney?
Donaire 5 16.67%
Moreno 2 6.67%
Rigondeaux 20 66.67%
Mares 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327
Default Nonito Donaire, Anslemo Moreno, Guillermo Rigondeaux, and Abner Mares Tourney?

very good and talented fighters. who comes out on top?
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Cuban Bon Bon
Proverbs 9:10
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Nonito Donaire, Anslemo Moreno, Guillermo Rigondeaux, and Abner Mares Tourney?

Rigondeaux
Cuban Bon Bon is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Nonito Donaire, Anslemo Moreno, Guillermo Rigondeaux, and Abner Mares Tourney?

First we need a match between TR and GBP , the ****ers are busy just making money for themselves and don't care about good boxing fights.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
First we need a match between TR and GBP , the ****ers are busy just making money for themselves and don't care about good boxing fights.

Arums needs to die. Thats the single most important step needed for Boxing to improve.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Well what type of tournament is this?
Single elimination or round robin with most wins taking it?

The reason I ask is because I feel like Donaire-Moreno would be a great match up with the edge to Moreno. Donaires boxing skills are overrated as we have seen recently and Moreno is a hell of a boxer. Donaire is a physical freak though and can end the fight in one punch.

Mares seems to be underrated now and I think he would be the worst match up for Rigo.
Last time Rigo was pressured by Cordoba he showed fear and arguably lost in some peoples cards. Mares would definitely bring that type of pressure.

Donaire-Moreno
Mares-Rigo

I would like to see the tournament set up that way as it would be a great clash of styles on both matchups.

I honestly do not know who to pick here....
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

this is such a good tournament idea. I would want moreno to win. so many technical matchups
m8te is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How many clean shots would be landed in a Rigondeaux-Moreno fight? 4?
purephase is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Jr Middleweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Would love this tourney.

Cellz you piece of garbage, about time you posted something that didn't involve "slick black yo".
Jr Middleweight is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Probably but it would be an incredible technical match up.

The most exciting fight IMO would be Donaire-Mares as they are a step below technically but they like to trade.

I give Mares a better shot at beating Rigo than I do Donaire though.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
it would be one of the most incredible tactical chess matches u will witness.
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

I really think rigondeaux would go on the offensive versus moreno. moreno's a pure, pure, counterpunching boxer, and only went on the offensive against de la mora because he had absolutely nothing for him. rigondeaux, although a boxer too, knows he has one shot power, especially to the body, and he wouldnt stand around and pose with moreno. That fight would turn out to be a great one for serious fans of boxing and the lower weights.

on another note, every one of those guys are an incredibly tough out for donaire.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Well what type of tournament is this?
Single elimination or round robin with most wins taking it?

The reason I ask is because I feel like Donaire-Moreno would be a great match up with the edge to Moreno. Donaires boxing skills are overrated as we have seen recently and Moreno is a hell of a boxer. Donaire is a physical freak though and can end the fight in one punch.

Mares seems to be underrated now and I think he would be the worst match up for Rigo.
Last time Rigo was pressured by Cordoba he showed fear and arguably lost in some peoples cards. Mares would definitely bring that type of pressure.

Donaire-Moreno
Mares-Rigo

I would like to see the tournament set up that way as it would be a great clash of styles on both matchups.

I honestly do not know who to pick here....
Saul do you remember that was Rigondeaux 6 fight and first 12 rounded on a major card for his first professional belt, right, and no Cordova won Sh1t, Rigondeaux ran the last 5 rounds and still managed to win it and hurt Cordova again, el maestrito couldn't touch GR and those judges that voted for Cordova were pay off, incompetents or blind, and I agreed that GR ran but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt as it turns out he KO Casey and Ramos after that fight...
garfios is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Arums needs to die. Thats the single most important step needed for Boxing to improve.
Amen to that . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Damn , since the WV2 fight Nonito has gone down on the fans apreciation , can't believe how low he ranks in this poll . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
Saul do you remember that was Rigondeaux 6 fight and first 12 rounded on a major card for his first professional belt, right, and no Cordova won Sh1t, Rigondeaux ran the last 5 rounds and still managed to win it and hurt Cordova again, el maestrito couldn't touch GR and those judges that voted for Cordova were pay off, incompetents or blind, and I agreed that GR ran but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt as it turns out he KO Casey and Ramos after that fight...
Yes but you are forgetting that Casey and Ramos are not on Cordobas level. Also Mares is in a higher level than Cordoba. I think Mares pressure will definitely pose problems for Rigo. More so than any of the other fighters.

Also what would happen when Rigo feels Donaires power? I know Rigo can outbox Donaire but there is a chance he runs after he feels his power.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum