boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default F@ck the NYSAC. Resto Denied A Licence to work a corner, but AM can fight!?

Luis Resto was denied a licence to work as a 2nd in corners today, decades after the Collins incedent. Resto has done his time and changed his life around. This is a disgusting double standard that Margarito is granted a license in the same state. Greed at its worst. F@ck the NY commision and all those self righteous scumbags.
Peppermint is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Dembek
And the new...
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: F@ck the NYSAC. Resto Denied A Licence to work a corner, but AM can fight!?

Luis deserves to at least corner in the ring. He did his time, his sorry for it.
Dembek is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: F@ck the NYSAC. Resto Denied A Licence to work a corner, but AM can fight!?

**** Resto. Margarito shouldn't be allowed to fight either.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Nobody can prove Margarito knew about it. He said he didn't know, his trainer said he didn't know, so how can you find him guilty? You can't.

He was punished and served his time.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

AM got a fair amount of punishment and justice, look at his eye.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Kush
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Resto and Panama shouldve gotten life in prison for killing Collins
Kush is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

This reeks of corruption. Bob Arum was able to spread some money around and get his plaster fisted fighter a license.

I agree with the lifetime bans for Resto and Lewis. They do not deserve the privelige of participating in boxing.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
Kush
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Murdering basturds
Kush is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

whether Margarito knew about it or not, there's no substantial evidence that he ever actually used them in a fight, whereas Festo was caught red handed, and this guy Collins clearly went on a mental, downward spiral of sorts afterward, culminating in his death. Luis Resto deserves no place in boxing. he should be disallowed fro boxing as long as collins is dead, and there's no doubt how long that will be.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush View Post
Murdering basturds
they did not kill him, he did it to himself. if he wanted to fight he again he could have, bob arum had fights for him after that had happen but it was collins dad that told him not fight because of the money they were suing for and what the dr told him about his eye.but from my understanding it was more about the money and losing the law suit is why collins pop was so adimint about his son not fighting again. if you let resto back into boxing then you have to let panama and im not sure about panama.to me he want tell the truth and hes taking what happen to the grave and thats what i dont like about him.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
Juan Ma Lopez
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Margarito didn't have loaded wraps in Quittos fight.
Juan Ma Lopez is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Ma Lopez View Post
Margarito didn't have loaded wraps in Quittos fight.
Disagree completely...and the evidence is there for anyone to see, if you don't want to "see it", I guess you won't but to anyone who's objective it's pretty clear what went down.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

I feel for Resto

I probably shouldn't, I don't know

What he did to Collins was awful and it's terrible seeing Collin's bruised up face and the indicdent ultimately cost him his life

BUt Resto is now a bent old man who just wants to be close to the sport he loves in some way or another before he dies, he served his time in prison and away from boxing

...however, Collins killed himself partly because he COULDN'T do what he loved directly BECAUSE of Resto

So I suppose it is justice
Vidic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum