Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #31
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253
Default Re: What do you think?

well you sort of posted this to get an ego boost, well thats what it seems like to me. Your lucky these guys arnt chewing you out. If your a "street fighter" your technique isnt going to be good at all. There honestly isnt much of a gap between other "street fighters" in skill so you'll start the same as everyone when you join gym and your talents and hardwork will take it on from there

you remind me of me just a year ago, step into the gym it's a whole different world. :P
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #32
feralchild

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
well you sort of posted this to get an ego boost, well thats what it seems like to me. Your lucky these guys arnt chewing you out. If your a "street fighter" your technique isnt going to be good at all. There honestly isnt much of a gap between other "street fighters" in skill so you'll start the same as everyone when you join gym and your talents and hardwork will take it on from there

you remind me of me just a year ago, step into the gym it's a whole different world. :P
yeah, im going to go ahead and join a boxing gym maybe as the months go by i will be able to look back at this video and say i was horrible.
feralchild is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #33
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Every "street fighter" I've seen get into a ring gets handled ...easily... by old men and anyone with training.

Do yourself a favor. Don't walk into a boxing gym saying your a street fighter or think you are going to whip anyone there.

Its a sure way to get embarrassed.
Slacker is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #34
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I'm afraid you were always asking for trouble claiming to be a "streetfighter" but apart from that,if you get some pop in those punches(jab in particular) then you have a bit of speed about you.But you'll most likely find that slows right down when you have to think about technique and positioning.It's a whole different ballgame.
Get to the gym lively and you'll find out for sure if it's for you.
And whatever you do,DON'T claim to be a streetfighter when you go.Trust me on that one.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #35
Dark Sider
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 598

lol @ a pro boxer taking the time to insult a newb.
Dark Sider is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #36
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralchild View Post
good luck with your special education classes
thanks kid, however I'd like to inform you that there are no special education classes in graduate school

see, all that ends after high school- after that the short bus wont be there to take you home

mr street fighter
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #37
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Like the others are saying being fast is easy for a lot of people, its how fast you can be while remaining under control and figuring out the fight infront of you, thats the hard part for even the super talented. you need to control the speed to apply strength to your shots and for mobility afterwards. and also control again so you dont gas out in a minute while utilizing it.

Youve got to have the heart for taking big shots over and over to the head and body, feeling sick, pounding headache, burning legs and shoulders and core but always carrying on, thats the other hard part. Pain from physical damage is one thing but pain due to lactic can feel far more torturous in some scenario's, Recovery and heart are very important if you want to box even at low level match ups.

The Most important thing of all is having the balls to step into a boxing gym in the first place and into the ring to start with. you have to have the balls to step in with any fighter, and trade. this is the most important of all because its what is most commonly lacking in most people.

My nose, teeth and eyes are all ****ed, if your worried about going to a gym and getting hit then boxing isnt for you. if your not worried then why havent you been to the gym yet?

Just to start, you need to bend your knees and lift your back heel, raise your hands its a lot harder to throw keeping the hands up, turn the hips and close the gaps between the knees into the shots because theres no power.
Dont take steps while you punch but with the jab, either step or punch, not both. Practice uppercurs straights bodys and hooks and make a clear difference between each punch.

When you try slipping use your shoulders to support the movement of the head and move your feet but dont jump into it, pointless practicing slipping till youve experienced what its used for but thoughtid humour you lol.

When stepping dont drag your feet, lift the closest foot and drive with the furthest foot to get to the direction your going, look in the mirror and watch yourself for openings, you should only expose openings when your throwing punches, you have openings when your stood on guard and without defence that means a for sure beating by novices when you step into the ring.

Goos luck
wayneflint is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #38
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

Wayne, you are a smart man.

EDIT: Just a small comment on the back heel suggestion.. i've found it better to keep my back heel flat footed.. power wise it helps alot especially if i want to crack in a bodyshot. Staying on your toes is good but sometimes its better to stay flat footed to set up shots and have a more steady view of the fight. Obviously, depending on the situation.
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #39
feralchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Roger View Post
thanks kid, however I'd like to inform you that there are no special education classes in graduate school

see, all that ends after high school- after that the short bus wont be there to take you home

mr street fighter
oh yeah! i forgot ! after high school they send people like you to grocery stores so you can place soup cans on shelves for the rest of your life thanks for reminding me slow mo

no need to lie about being in graduate school
Old 05-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
feralchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
Like the others are saying being fast is easy for a lot of people, its how fast you can be while remaining under control and figuring out the fight infront of you, thats the hard part for even the super talented. you need to control the speed to apply strength to your shots and for mobility afterwards. and also control again so you dont gas out in a minute while utilizing it.

Youve got to have the heart for taking big shots over and over to the head and body, feeling sick, pounding headache, burning legs and shoulders and core but always carrying on, thats the other hard part. Pain from physical damage is one thing but pain due to lactic can feel far more torturous in some scenario's, Recovery and heart are very important if you want to box even at low level match ups.

The Most important thing of all is having the balls to step into a boxing gym in the first place and into the ring to start with. you have to have the balls to step in with any fighter, and trade. this is the most important of all because its what is most commonly lacking in most people.

My nose, teeth and eyes are all ****ed, if your worried about going to a gym and getting hit then boxing isnt for you. if your not worried then why havent you been to the gym yet?

Just to start, you need to bend your knees and lift your back heel, raise your hands its a lot harder to throw keeping the hands up, turn the hips and close the gaps between the knees into the shots because theres no power.
Dont take steps while you punch but with the jab, either step or punch, not both. Practice uppercurs straights bodys and hooks and make a clear difference between each punch.

When you try slipping use your shoulders to support the movement of the head and move your feet but dont jump into it, pointless practicing slipping till youve experienced what its used for but thoughtid humour you lol.

When stepping dont drag your feet, lift the closest foot and drive with the furthest foot to get to the direction your going, look in the mirror and watch yourself for openings, you should only expose openings when your throwing punches, you have openings when your stood on guard and without defence that means a for sure beating by novices when you step into the ring.

Goos luck
thanks for the heads up
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #41
feralchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I'm afraid you were always asking for trouble claiming to be a "streetfighter" but apart from that,if you get some pop in those punches(jab in particular) then you have a bit of speed about you.But you'll most likely find that slows right down when you have to think about technique and positioning.It's a whole different ballgame.
Get to the gym lively and you'll find out for sure if it's for you.
And whatever you do,DON'T claim to be a streetfighter when you go.Trust me on that one.
yeah thanks for the heads up, i find that when im in real fights [backyard fights] its way harder than hitting a heavy bag i couldnt imagine how hard it would be to hit a trained boxer in the face
Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #42
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
oh yeah! i forgot ! after high school they send people like you to grocery stores so you can place soup cans on shelves for the rest of your life thanks for reminding me slow mo

no need to lie about being in graduate school
There aint no need to lie, kid. Its true that college and grad school aren't things to boast about, but they're also something you'll never experience.

With your intellectual capacity, you'll be lucky to get a job as a janitor. Stacking soup cans at a grocery store is pretty much the pinnacle of what you'll be able to achieve in life.

There is no point for me to continue picking you apart and exposing your obvious idiocy. The fact that you proclaimed yourself as a street fighter in your opening post speaks volumes about you.

Now get back to street fighting and **** off
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #43
feralchild

Quote:
There aint no need to lie, kid. Its true that college and grad school aren't things to boast about, but they're also something you'll never experience.

With your intellectual capacity, you'll be lucky to get a job as a janitor. Stacking soup cans at a grocery store is pretty much the pinnacle of what you'll be able to achieve in life.

There is no point for me to continue picking you apart and exposing your obvious idiocy. The fact that you proclaimed yourself as a street fighter in your opening post speaks volumes about you.

Now get back to street fighting and **** off
oh wow you have to use my jokes against me? how un original, so is the "you dont know shit" phrase you steal from roger mayweather, those 2 incidents alone already gives me an indication of your intellectual ability now shoo along before this "retard" continues to make you look less intelligent than you claim to be every post.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #44
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
oh wow you have to use my jokes against me? how un original, so is the "you dont know shit" phrase you steal from roger mayweather, those 2 incidents alone already gives me an indication of your intellectual ability now shoo along before this "retard" continues to make you look less intelligent than you claim to be every post.
you make yourself look less intelligent with every post, kid

As I said, **** off and get back to street fighting
Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #45
feralchild

Quote:
you make yourself look less intelligent with every post, kid

As I said, **** off and get back to street fighting
your trolling attempt didn't work out well did it?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing