Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #166
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anybody think Cotto will win then?

Anything is possible. Cotto will be in tip top shape and is a versatile fighter.
Cotto is also an excellent body puncher and that is his best chance imo. I think he’ll start cautiously and let PBF press the fight looking to block and land downstairs whenever he can.
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #167
Tomm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I think it could be a bit closer than normal Floyd fights but also agree Floyd should take it with a little comfort.

Anybody know approximately what time that fight will start UK time? Didn't want to start a new thread...
Tomm is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #168
sg85
Bang on the chan
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Think - no, hope - yes.

Cotto deserves this fight and nothing would make me happier than to see him either KO or outbox floyd, wont happen though. Floyd takes this by UD.
sg85 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #169
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Cotto via UD, in a competitive fight.

I will explain more after...
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #170
Scottishbox10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Think Cotto could maybe hurt him if Mosley did man but can't see him winning .Hard to decide but I think it will be close ( similar ) but much better than the Mayweather DelaHoya fight
Scottishbox10 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #171
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Mosley hits far harder than Cotto and is much quicker though.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #172
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Mosley hits far harder than Cotto and is much quicker though.
Movement ability, and footspeed is the biggest thing you need against Mayweather. Its the reason why Mayweather looked uncomfortable, and stressed out for 95% of the Ricky Hatton fight.....there was 1 - 2 rounds in that fight come the knock-out.

Cotto has quite good movement and footspeed, when he wants to apply it. And he also cuts off the ring well, at a decent speed. Look at his fights against Quintana sp* cut him down, unloaded violence......

I don't think Mayweather will handle pressure well, he's not comfortable. And he does not have the raw weapons to fight that kind of fight. Mayweather is a compubox fighter, a computer stats fighter, he is great at scoring points.

But seriously....what are his weapons when the going gets tough..? Sugar Ray could bang, Tommy Hearns could launch rockets......what are Mayweathers real weapons..? Mayweathers speed and defence kind of protects his biggest weakness.........."He does not have elite level fire power".

He's going to have to do more than score points in this fight. And his too weakness have always been that he lacks powers, and he is not a natural fluid combination puncher........

Stylistically, Miguel Cotto has a better chance at beating Mayweather than Pacman.

People are getting carried away with Mayweather, he struggled against Hatton, the fight against Oscar De La hoya could of went ether way. Ortiz was getting to him and roughing him up, and he is a hardly a master of the sweet science........

Cotto will hit Mayweather body and head, and facts are....? Nobody knows weather Mayweather can survive that kind of shit for 12 rounds.

I will take a risk as always and state.........that he cannot survive it.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #173
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
People mistake Gatti's popularity for him being any good. He was a club fighter who was carefully matched to give him some late-career success, but he did have a heroic kamikaze style. Corrales was a good fighter, but he had a style that Floyd could pick apart.

I do think Cotto's the best challenge Floyd has faced since Hatton, but he's picked Miguel because of all the reasons you've said. He'll be competitive for a few rounds, then Floyd will have his way with him.
Come off it.

Cotto is much better than Hatton ever was.

Hatton was a over gloryfied club fighter.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #174
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Movement ability, and footspeed is the biggest thing you need against Mayweather. Its the reason why Mayweather looked uncomfortable, and stressed out for 95% of the Ricky Hatton fight.....there was 1 - 2 rounds in that fight come the knock-out.

Cotto has quite good movement and footspeed, when he wants to apply it. And he also cuts off the ring well, at a decent speed. Look at his fights against Quintana sp* cut him down, unloaded violence......

I don't think Mayweather will handle pressure well, he's not comfortable. And he does not have the raw weapons to fight that kind of fight. Mayweather is a compubox fighter, a computer stats fighter, he is great at scoring points.

But seriously....what are his weapons when the going gets tough..? Sugar Ray could bang, Tommy Hearns could launch rockets......what are Mayweathers real weapons..? Mayweathers speed and defence kind of protects his biggest weakness.........."He does not have elite level fire power".

He's going to have to do more than score points in this fight. And his too weakness have always been that he lacks powers, and he is not a natural fluid combination puncher........

Stylistically, Miguel Cotto has a better chance at beating Mayweather than Pacman.

People are getting carried away with Mayweather, he struggled against Hatton, the fight against Oscar De La hoya could of went ether way. Ortiz was getting to him and roughing him up, and he is a hardly a master of the sweet science........

Cotto will hit Mayweather body and head, and facts are....? Nobody knows weather Mayweather can survive that kind of shit for 12 rounds.

I will take a risk as always and state.........that he cannot survive it.
I think Oscar De La Hoya did a pretty good job of it.

He was really pressuring Mayweather and thumping away at his body for much of the fight.

to his credit - Mayweather while possibly struggling to win the fight - his conditioning held up - while De La Hoya faded down the stretch.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #175
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRendall View Post
Apologies for getting back on topic

I think Floyd has to use more movement than he has done in his last few previous outings and I'm not sure his legs are there anymore. We've definitely seen a change regarding a lack of movement from Floyd recently. If Cotto can have his jab on top form than he has a terrific shot of landing more than anyone previously has.

I'm absolutely fascinated to see what gameplan Floyd is going to bring tomorrow, a few years ago it would have been much easier to predict IMO, and a far more boring fight. I really think hes gonna have to go to war with Cotto at some stage.

This will be the hardest fight of Floyd's career.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #176
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
Come off it.

Cotto is much better than Hatton ever was.

Hatton was a over gloryfied club fighter.
Learn to read, flint. Did I say Ricky was better than Cotto?

No, Cotto is far better. Did the picture in my av not give that away?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #177
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

If Miguel Cotto had the footspeed of Ricky Hatton and Hand speed, this fight against Mayweather would be a easy fight.

But still.....Cotto's speed is slightly above average.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #178
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

I think Floyd willl put the heat on and stop him... The Ortiz fight was heating up good with mayweather mixing up and fighting toe 2 toe untill Ortiz ****ed it up..... Floyd is more aggressive these days i think... he's becoming more hungry i think... or maybe its a sign of him slipping off ?
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #179
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Mayweather won via a sucker punch, the affect of sucker punches can be devastating. Nobody really knows how the Ortiz vs Mayweather fight would of turned out, Ortiz was roughing Mayweather up, was never hurting during the fight at all.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #180
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

Why do people think Floyd will pot shot. Floyd will walk him down just like he did v Mosley.
liger05 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum