Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 1000
Default Abril remains as interim champion

After hearing the allegations, the WBA Directorate decided Richard Abril (17-3-1, 8KOs) would remain as Interim Champion.

There were two strong allegations in this case; the first is based on Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios' weight irregularities, and the second, based on the result of the fight held in Las Vegas. The result was a split decision; however, eleven officials who reviewed it and the supervisor agreed Abril had been the winner.

The championships committee's proposal to keep Abril as the*interim-champion, was supported by the International officials committee, and the vote was unanimous.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Jr Middleweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 500
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Lol
Jr Middleweight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
knotty150
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Stafford, England
Posts: 613
vCash: 826
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Load of crap, isn't good enough. The judges who scored the fight to Rios should be made to publicly explain the logic behind their scoring and have their licenses revoked. Never seen such a blatant showing of bias/corrupt/paid of judges ever.

The result should be overturned in favor of Abril who should be named the winner, judges have their licenses revoked and Arum should be interrogated. Anything less is a travesty.
knotty150 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Eleven officials and one supervisor saw Abril winning, plus 90 % of the press and unbiased fans.( sorry mj,jr).
Nobody will touch Arum,but hope he got the message.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

I hope Robert Garcia gots 24/7 suicide watch on Rios. Poor kid, hearing this might really mess with his frail mind.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Garden City, Kansas
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 125
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
I hope Robert Garcia gots 24/7 suicide watch on Rios. Poor kid, hearing this might really mess with his frail mind.
Rios has long since moved on. Abril is not even in his rearview mirror.
Flatlander is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Rios has long since moved on. Abril is not even in his rearview mirror.
I do hope so because on some of those interviews he looked to be very bothered and upset by the fact that many observers though Abril had won.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Rios has long since moved on. Abril is not even in his rearview mirror.
No he hasn't
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Make the fight a ****ing NC you cunts
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,375
vCash: 9653
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

This is a good decision... Im glad because Abril won the fight. I just hope Abril stops fighting like a ***** now!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
This is a good decision... Im glad because Abril won the fight. I just hope Abril stops fighting like a ***** now!
I hope Abril keeps fighting smart depends of who in front of him.
He dropped Acosta more than once, don't forget.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #12
CArealm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 367
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Not all refs are going to let him use that tactic...
CArealm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Well if that makes Abril happy, then good for him. Rios is moving on to bigger things. Let's see when Abril gets picked up by HBO or Showtime again.
MexicanMuscle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 302
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMuscle View Post
Well if that makes Abril happy, then good for him. Rios is moving on to bigger things. Let's see when Abril gets picked up by HBO or Showtime again.
Lol, well, NO SE PUDO against a "smaller" thing.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #15
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Abril remains as interim champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
Lol, well, NO SE PUDO against a "smaller" thing.
If you say so man. We have a very different definition of what fighting like a man is.
MexicanMuscle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013