Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988
Default Mads Larsen returns.

39 year old Mads Larsen (51-3) attempts yet another comeback when he faces the tough Italian Lorenzo Di Giacomo (41-6) on the in Herning, Denmark on the second of June.

This will be Larsens first fight since his defeat to Magee in January 2010.

A very tough comeback fight, but Larsen havnt got time to waste either, so it is good matchmaking.

I dont think Larsen has much left, but we see.

Currently on the undercard:

Cecilia Braekhus (19-0) - Jessieca Balogun (22-1) for Braekhus“ WBA,WBC and WBO Welterweight Titles.

Braekhus was meant to fight Anne Sophie Matthis in March, but unfortunately got tonsilitis. Mathis now have a Holly Holm on June 15 instead. Hopefully Cecillia fights the winner in the fall.

Former Contender participant Ahmed Kaddour (24-2-1) returns to Denmark after another (this time very short) stint in the US. He faces the dreaded TBA.

Suprised that Sauerland wants him back, but I suppose they need all the Danish fighters they can muster.

Kaddour has been wasting his talent for years, and lost to the two best fighters he faced (That reminds me of someone else..) had a three year break from 06-09, and doesnt always seem committed to boxing. This is his last chance if he wants to be anything.

Last edited by Malden; 04-27-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Malden is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mads Larsen returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
39 year old Mads Larsen (51-3) attempts yet another comeback when he faces the tough Italian Lorenzo Di Giacomo (41-6) on the in Herning, Denmark on the second of June.

This will be Larsens first fight since his defeat to Magee in January 2010.

A very tough comeback fight, but Larsen havnt got time to waste either, so it is good matchmaking.

I dont think Larsen has much left, but we see.

Currently on the undercard:

Cecilia Braekhus (19-0) - Jessieca Balogun (22-1) for Braekhus“ WBA,WBC and WBO Welterweight Titles.

Braekhus was meant to fight Anne Sophie Matthis in March, but unfortunately got tonsilitis. Mathis now have a Holly Holm on June 15 instead. Hopefully Cecillia fights the winner in the fall.

Former Contender participant Ahmed Kaddour (24-2-1) returns to Denmark after another (this time very short) stint in the US. He faces the dreaded TBA.

Suprised that Sauerland wants him back, but I suppose they need all the Danish fighters they can muster.

Kaddour has been wasting his talent for years, and lost to the two best fighters he faced (That reminds me of someone else..) had a three year break from 06-09, and doesnt always seem committed to boxing. This is his last chance if he wants to be anything.
Mads Larsen got Wing span of real chimpanzee. What was it 77' for 5'11'' guy'?

That is pretty fukin much.

Btw how big fight was Ottke vs Larsen for Danish people back in the day?
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Malden
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Mads Larsen got Wing span of real chimpanzee. What was it 77' for 5'11'' guy'?

That is pretty fukin much.

Btw how big fight was Ottke vs Larsen for Danish people back in the day?
Yes, 77. More like an Orangutang

It was pretty big despite a short advertising period. on average, 766.000 people watched it on TV here.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544

A tough comeback, really? Di Giacomo isn't up to much, he's lost 3 of his last 4 and has never really beaten anyone of significance. If Larsen has anything left he takes this.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Malden
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
A tough comeback, really? Di Giacomo isn't up to much, he's lost 3 of his last 4 and has never really beaten anyone of significance. If Larsen has anything left he takes this.
Should have won the last one IMO though.

But yeah, "though" is maybe a bit much. A good level for sure though for an acient inactive-man, and way better than I expected.

Of course I would usually favour and Larsen and hopes he got something left, but Im not sure. If Giacomo comes out aggressive it could spell trouble for a rusty old injury-plauged Larsen. If he come and does hes bad Abraham-impression, not so much.

Larsen gotta watch for headbutt and other dirty tactics as well.

From what I heard, Larsens training has been going very well.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
Leifhackman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Should have won the last one IMO though.
Visiting fighter win a Sauerland boy in their own evening in a non-title full time fight? Just doesn't happen.

[quote}But yeah, "though" is maybe a bit much. A good level for sure though for an acient inactive-man, and way better than I expected.

Of course I would usually favour and Larsen and hopes he got something left, but Im not sure. If Giacomo comes out aggressive it could spell trouble for a rusty old injury-plauged Larsen. If he come and does hes bad Abraham-impression, not so much.

From what I heard, Larsens training has been going very well.[/quote]

Last time I saw Di Giacomo's fight he looked like he had not even walked by a gym for a good while.
Leifhackman is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Malden
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leifhackman View Post
Visiting fighter win a Sauerland boy in their own evening in a non-title full time fight? Just doesn't happen.

[quote}But yeah, "though" is maybe a bit much. A good level for sure though for an acient inactive-man, and way better than I expected.

From what I heard, Larsens training has been going very well.
Last time I saw Di Giacomo's fight he looked like he had not even walked by a gym for a good while.[/quote]

When did you see him the last time? I“ve seen his last three important fights.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #8
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

Di Giacomo has pulled out, replaced by 21 year old Brit, Luke Blackledge (9-0, 3 KOs).
Blackledge has a good win over former British 168 champ Matthew Barney, as well as a win over Phill Fury (Tyson Fury's cousin who has no skill or power whatsoever and only has a pro career as a result of his famous relation).

Could be an interesting one this, who knows what Larsen is like now, while Blackledge is still very young and on his way up.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

Quote:
Di Giacomo has pulled out, replaced by 21 year old Brit, Luke Blackledge (9-0, 3 KOs).
Blackledge has a good win over former British 168 champ Matthew Barney, as well as a win over Phill Fury (Tyson Fury's cousin who has no skill or power whatsoever and only has a pro career as a result of his famous relation).

Could be an interesting one this, who knows what Larsen is like now, while Blackledge is still very young and on his way up.
Phil Fury is the greatest
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #10
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
Phil Fury is the greatest

Really intelligent and articulate guy.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
Muamba

vCash:

Quote:

Really intelligent and articulate guy.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hmm, that guy has a photo album called roosters filled with pictures of ****s

Last edited by Muamba; 05-22-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #12
Malden
East Side Guru

Quote:

You beat me to it. Very interesting indeed. Now we get a young prospect (I noted his win over Matthew Barney as well) versus an old guy who is comebacking for the second time.
Di Giacomo could have been good as well, but this may actually as well. Can old, inactive (And injured plagued) Larsen keep up with the ambiton, freshness and (I suppose) speed of the young hungry lion?

Last edited by Malden; 05-22-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
Malden
East Side Guru

Both Torben Keller (4-0) and Erik Skoglund (10-0) have been announced for the undercard. Fresh of the Kessler-Green undervard it will be the second fight for each of them in a span of only two weeks.

Keller fights Luca Arrigo (2-1-1) of Italy, while Skoglund fights Fouad Nasri (5-4-1) of France.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
Malden
East Side Guru

Ahmad Kaddour (24-2-1) faces Gary Boulden (6-3-2) of Great Britain. Boulden lost a fight at the same venue last year against Patrick Nielsen, with Holyfield among the audience.

Reda Zam Zam (25-1) faces Guiseppe Langella (18-7-2) of Italy. Langella drew with Christian Bladt on the Larsen-Magee undercard in 2010.

Karo Murat (24-1-1) faces Miguel Velozo (14-1-1) of Cuba.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #15
Claus Holmen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Mads Larsen was never paid for his loss to Magee. Poor bloke . . I think he“s coming back hoping for a big payday against Patrick Nielsen.
Claus Holmen is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum