Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Vitali says he is going to hang it up soon

It is being reported on another sight. I think we all sensed this coming. There just isn't anyone out there for him.

He could hang around for Haye should he beat Chisora, but even this is no great feather in his cap.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Vitali says he is going to hang it up soon

He definitively should, hes looked progressively worse in his last few fights.
Briggs and Adamek hung around wayyy too long, and Chisora didn't deserve to be in the same ring, but actually gave him a good fight.

Vitali is done
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He has been saying 1-2 more fights for the past 18 months, at least. The plan is probably Wach in September and the winner of Haye and Chisora early next year.

People have been declairing his erosion of skills since his fight with J.C. Gomez with little to go on other than an arbitrary age. He won a wide UD last time with a shoulder tendon issue suffered in the second round and now the sky has fallen and he is "done".

For someone on his way out he is still the best heavyweight in the world.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKilla View Post
He definitively should, hes looked progressively worse in his last few fights.
Briggs and Adamek hung around wayyy too long, and Chisora didn't deserve to be in the same ring, but actually gave him a good fight.

Vitali is done

"hes looked progressively worse in his last few fights."

No he hasn't. He's looked as good if not better than ever. He beat up Chisora with one hand. The fight before that he demolished Adamek. before that he KO'd Solis in one. Before that he almost killed Briggs (and was robbed of yet another KO by a criminally incompetent Briggs corner and referee who should have called off the slaughter).

Last edited by jacklondon; 05-14-2012 at 12:38 AM.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

if there really is no one for Vitali left, he should hang them up and go in to politics as he's been saying for a while now

problem is, there's almost nobody who he could fight to make a grand exit from the sport
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #6
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

i really dont see the point in vitali hanging about for wach or haye. he has nothing to prove, and shouldnt be risking himself as a stepping stone for either of these two.

however, vitali is a proud man. he wont want to retire knowing that he could have fought david haye (not because of hayes standing, but because of hayes behaviour pre-wlad). i just hope it doesnt cost him a loss.

he will be missed in the division. all that remains now is for wlad to clean up his belt, then retire
Angol is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #7
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Isn't it sometime around October when he goes for the Kiev elections? There's been talk of him fighting on if he doesn't win the post. From my limited understanding of what Vitali's party stands for (pro western nonsense) then he'll likely lose in the polls despite his celebrity status which can only be a good thing for boxing.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Isn't it sometime around October when he goes for the Kiev elections? There's been talk of him fighting on if he doesn't win the post. From my limited understanding of what Vitali's party stands for (pro western nonsense) then he'll likely lose in the polls despite his celebrity status which can only be a good thing for boxing.

Yep, good thing all around.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
From what I've heard, Vitali is on the margins politically. He hasn't had too much success in past elections, and isn't likely to win the upcoming race.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
His is aligned polotically with a bunch of Zionist Oligarchs. The same ilk that robbed the wealth of Russia before Putin wised up, ignoring a noninterference pact he signed with them during his first term. Only to rightfully seized their assets and prosecute them. The ones who got prision sentences got off lightly considering the actual layers of social damage they were responsible for. All under the guise of Western style market capitalism.

Vitaly is a bright guy but he is in bed with some real sharks who are exploiting him and using his influence as a master of sports.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #11
KINGOFTHE1ROUND
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 337

There are plenty around for him to fight but he will leave on his back if he sticks around for much longer.
KINGOFTHE1ROUND is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #12
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

I personally think he would be better off retiring now, unless he is looking to make a couple more million, which is never a bad thing.

If I was either Wladimir, or Vitali, I honestly wouldn't even bother dealing with fools like Haye and Chisora. Especially Chisora, Haye is a first class gentleman compared to that animal.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
His is aligned polotically with a bunch of Zionist Oligarchs. The same ilk that robbed the wealth of Russia before Putin wised up, ignoring a noninterference pact he signed with them during his first term. Only to rightfully seized their assets and prosecute them. The ones who got prision sentences got off lightly considering the actual layers of social damage they were responsible for. All under the guise of Western style market capitalism.

Vitaly is a bright guy but he is in bed with some real sharks who are exploiting him and using his influence as a master of sports.

Unfortunately, that is the truth.

Anyway, Vitali would be right at home in the Ukrainian parliament...

Fists fly in Ukraine over use of Russian

KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Opposition lawmakers on Friday blocked the Ukrainian Parliament a day after a brawl in the chamber sent one legislator to the hospital.

The melee was sparked by a proposed bill to make Russian an official language in eastern regions of the country with large native Russian-speaking populations. Lawmakers grappled and threw punches. One was hospitalized with a head injury...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcUIHIl4LDI[/ame]
Old 05-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
I personally think he would be better off retiring now, unless he is looking to make a couple more million, which is never a bad thing.

If I was either Wladimir, or Vitali, I honestly wouldn't even bother dealing with fools like Haye and Chisora. Especially Chisora, Haye is a first class gentleman compared to that animal.
Yeah, they keep getting worse and worse so now even Haye looks good by comparison.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum