Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #31
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988
Default Re: Edmund Gerber vs Maurice Harris

Im Danish. The fight I saw had Harris landing Way more than Gerber. Except two rounds were h almost Only landed in Gerbers gloves, While Gerber landed a few times. Mostly to the body. Gave those two to Gerber. Final Card: 78-74 for Harris. Gerber hardly threw punches, let Alone jabs. And landed even less. This coming from someone who had money on Gerber.
Malden is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #32
Consu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I scored it 79-73 Harris, but STILL I feel like Harris could have done SO MUCH more but he didn't want to He was outboxing Gerber only becaue of his superior skills but he lacked heart and determination.. Yes he won, but I really feel that he could have kicked that as far better than he actually did.. But his fighting spirit wasn't there.. But still, robbery is robbery..
Consu is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #33
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire View Post
What does it matter, which country he is from ? Hes right, Mo was running all night and touching Gerbers gloves.
No, he wasn't. He was outboxing him.

Quote:
Off course he landed some punches
Right. Watch again and actually count them.

Quote:
but so did Gerber
OK, now count those.

Which number is higher?

One should be significantly higher. If it isn't, you are not very good at counting.

Quote:
and he was the one pressing the action.
So? You don't win rounds for doing that.

Quote:
Just pumping out an alibi jab is no effective aggressiveness
So? If they're landing, you're scoring - and if you're scoring and the other guy isn't, you're winning.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

The clue is to count the LANDED shots. Seems you can't count well. Watch once again the fight with pen and a paper and do your countring. It's interesting to see how you count each round as LANDED shots, as i did.

To be agressive is a plus. It's writen on the scoring rules of professional boxing.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #35
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
The clue is to count the LANDED shots. Seems you can't count well. Watch once again the fight with pen and a paper and do your countring. It's interesting to see how you count each round as LANDED shots, as i did.

To be agressive is a plus. It's writen on the scoring rules of professional boxing.
Effective aggression is a plus. Aggression just for the sake being aggressive isnt If it was, Cotto had won 120-108 easily against Mayweather.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #36
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:

A shot doesn't need to land hard to count as scoring. Harris just tickling Gerber with jabs counts as scoring.

You're simply not telling the truth to say that the majority of his jabs hit nothing but glove.

To be aggressive is not a plus. The word does not appear by itself in the rules. There is additional qualifying language. You need to be effective, whether you're the aggressor or not.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #37
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

This guy doesn't know shit, Gerber didn't land, They're were a couple rounds where Gerber landed below 4 punches but pressured Harris, Still Harris was landing jabs and combos with ease. If a bull comes charging at a person who is running away from it while shooting at it hurting it the person is winning the battle even though the bull is the aggressor ( What kind of an example is that I know but you get the gist. ).

Harris boxed well, completely schooled Gerber from the backfoot, I think this guy might be a family member or friend of Gerber, No case can be made for a Gerber win.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #38
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:

I would like to watch this film in slow motion. That's what I usually do with close, controversial fights.

Curiously, have any punchstats been published? Not that punchstats, Compubox, etc., are necessarily accurate (I swear they are often wrong), but it's a start.

I want to know who scored more.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #39
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Sounds like the Euro crony judges gave Gerber points for "ring generalship," or for pressing the action.

Ring generalship is a concept that is chronically abused by crooked or bias judges. It's a convenient excuse to give rounds to the hometown guy just because he's walking forward, even though he's eating leather.

In truth, ring generalship could be fairly and accurately applied to the guy who constantly steps backward in order to create punching room for his light counters, even though he lets the aggressor move forward all night.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 AM   #40
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

There isn't official punchstats for such 8 rounder. Watch by yourself, count the clear shots. First impression is that Mo Harris landed a lot. But even the guys in his corner weren't pleased by his way of fighting. I was very close to his corner and his coach do not stop to cry "Showtime Mo, Showtime", no reaction to those words.
However, as we saw every week around the boxing world, there are often very different scoring of the fights. Nice that here on the thread are some quality opinions and different point of views.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #41
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
Sounds like the Euro crony judges gave Gerber points for "ring generalship," or for pressing the action.

Ring generalship is a concept that is chronically abused by crooked or bias judges. It's a convenient excuse to give rounds to the hometown guy just because he's walking forward, even though he's eating leather.

In truth, ring generalship could be fairly and accurately applied to the guy who constantly steps backward in order to create punching room for his light counters, even though he lets the aggressor move forward all night.
The fight has been removed from youtube for some reason. But remember when Gomez was injured and Ding was throwing punches while Gomez tried to school him with the jab.

Ding won that because he was the aggressor even though Gomez landed the cleaner shots and far more of them.

Well, that's basically how this fight was except I don't think Gerber threw more than 20 shots in any single round, and Harris was constantly able to put 2,3 and 4 punch combos together where at least 1 or 2 of the shots would find a home.

Rewatching Ding Gomez, I admit, Gomez was robbed. But Harris was robbed X 10 in comparison.

If the ABC ratings guys saw this fight and they were able to somehow reverse the decision, they would without a doubt.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #42
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Watch by yourself, count the clear shots. .
Post the fight in this thread. We'll all rewatch it. And post it to youtube as well since it's mysteriously not there even though Huck Olafabi is by about 10 different uploaders.

Funny how the Huck Ola fight is there.....all Gerbers other fights are there, and even though I coulda swore it was up there the day after the fight, it's suddenly NOT. Gotta beleive team Gerber wants any such footage burnt, and all ppl who have it ul'd to their hardrives best be looking out for the copyright nazis cuz team gerbers got em out in force.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #43
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

youtube.com/watch?v=XHkpU4s_Iio

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60XsWiIurcY[/ame]

Both removed and accts terminated.

I wouldn't post it on youtube or the Gerber nazis will hunt ya down.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #44
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Afolabi - Huck was shown on ARD and to a lot of streams as well, so it's easier to be put on youtube. Everybody may find Gerber - Harris fight at WBVA.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #45
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Afolabi - Huck was shown on ARD and to a lot of streams as well, so it's easier to be put on youtube. Everybody may find Gerber - Harris fight at WBVA.
There was no difficulty putting Gerber vs. Harris on YT, obviously someone got it up there just fine - it was you guys at Team Gerber deciding that the world isn't allowed to see the crime that took place.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum