Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Gyms in London

Alright people, I'm down London tomorrow and want to do a bit training while I'm there, preferably sparring. Any recommendations on gyms that will let me spar? Gym would also have to be within reasonable walking distance of a tube station.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Kraik
Might is Right
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London
Posts: 46
vCash: 75
Default Re: Gyms in London

I'm also looking for a gym in London, but I'm from South East, so I know of Miguel's Boxing gym in Brixton at the arches by Loughborough Junction; Double Jab, which is now located in New Cross; and Lynn AC Boxing gym in Camberwell, near Peckham.

If anyone has any comments to make of these clubs then that'll be greatly appreciated. I've been training at a university club for just under two years now, but have no amateur fights under my belt. I'd like to train at a 'proper' gym over the long summer.

(Don't mean to hijack your thread, but it seems an appropriate place to ask.)
Kraik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gyms in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Alright people, I'm down London tomorrow and want to do a bit training while I'm there, preferably sparring. Any recommendations on gyms that will let me spar? Gym would also have to be within reasonable walking distance of a tube station.
Where about's in London mate?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraik View Post
I'm also looking for a gym in London, but I'm from South East, so I know of Miguel's Boxing gym in Brixton at the arches by Loughborough Junction; Double Jab, which is now located in New Cross; and Lynn AC Boxing gym in Camberwell, near Peckham.

If anyone has any comments to make of these clubs then that'll be greatly appreciated. I've been training at a university club for just under two years now, but have no amateur fights under my belt. I'd like to train at a 'proper' gym over the long summer.

(Don't mean to hijack your thread, but it seems an appropriate place to ask.)
My mate goes Miguel's and enjoys it, has a nice deal there as well. He also trains now and then with me at Fitzroy in Lambeth (SE). Fitzroy's good as well.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Gyms in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Where about's in London mate?.
Just off Finchley Road, which looking at the map looks like just a few miles away from Hyde Park. Just want to get some sparring in while I'm down there because I'm boxing again in two weeks.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 870
vCash: 430
Default Re: Gyms in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraik View Post
I'm also looking for a gym in London, but I'm from South East, so I know of Miguel's Boxing gym in Brixton at the arches by Loughborough Junction; Double Jab, which is now located in New Cross; and Lynn AC Boxing gym in Camberwell, near Peckham.

If anyone has any comments to make of these clubs then that'll be greatly appreciated. I've been training at a university club for just under two years now, but have no amateur fights under my belt. I'd like to train at a 'proper' gym over the long summer.

(Don't mean to hijack your thread, but it seems an appropriate place to ask.)
Fitzroy Lodge is in South East. Not far from Lambeth North station
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Kraik
Might is Right
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London
Posts: 46
vCash: 75
Default Re: Gyms in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Baby View Post
Fitzroy Lodge is in South East. Not far from Lambeth North station
I'll look into it.
Kraik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gyms in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Just off Finchley Road, which looking at the map looks like just a few miles away from Hyde Park. Just want to get some sparring in while I'm down there because I'm boxing again in two weeks.
Try the gym Chisora trains at Bro, I know it's open on a Sunday and is in Finchley. Don't know the name but worth a try if you haven't found anywhere.

Apologies for not getting back to you yesterday.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013