Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #61
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 1343
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
how much money do you think they have made off ticket sales, sponsorship's and overseas licensing fees already? How much you think the license to show the fight in mexico cost? THAT #MONEYTEAM where usually that's promoters money
In Mexico,it is free. Dumbass,third world conutries don't pay PPV like the USA. It is broadcasted under a company that buys the fight wholesale. I doubt that TV Azteca or whatever would pay 100,000 dollars to broadcast it.

In Australia, it won't even be shown except in some bars.

Only in some part of Europe, it is free but the airing company pays the right to it. We are nottalking of millions of dollars here. It is a fringe sport and the time zone difference already is against it.
pejevan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #62
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,710
vCash: 0
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
You can have all the pie in the world but it still boils down to the figures.

If Flomos are insinuating that the 32 million is the guaranteed amount outside of PPV, who actually paid for that? Because that assumption is based on the principle that even before a single person paid to watch the PPV, there is already a revenue above 32 million and that he still has to dip his hands on the PPV.

HBO's contract only pertains to the HBO right to air the fight, not to actually pay Gayweather an additional fee to air his fight.

I already said math and Flomohood don't really mix.
bitch don't try me. I've taken 3 math classes in the past 2 semesters and my lowest grade was a 97 in business statistics. I know how to do ****ing math.

The also gets money from sponsors (over 20 million dollars was reported for the Ortiz fight). And the guarantee can also come from the ppv. Pacquiao gets a guarantee of 25 million, but part of that is from ppv. 7 million of it is on the day of the fight and the number NSAC gets told.

Not to mention people have already bought the tickets for this fight.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #63
carias
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 580
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Honestly, I don't care how much money Floyd makes. All I know is that if he is bringing it 32 million before PPV, dude is doing something right. That being said, it doesn't add or take away from his skills or deficiencies, respectively.
carias is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #64
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

The only thing more amazing than that pay cheque is that he will be broke in a few years.

But damn, that's some serious cheddar right there, though!

That man could make up to $300 million from now til his last fight, retire, and NEVER go broke if he watches his money/doesn't make daft investments.
Nipple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #65
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
In Mexico,it is free. Dumbass,third world conutries don't pay PPV like the USA. It is broadcasted under a company that buys the fight wholesale. I doubt that TV Azteca or whatever would pay 100,000 dollars to broadcast it.

In Australia, it won't even be shown except in some bars.

Only in some part of Europe, it is free but the airing company pays the right to it. We are nottalking of millions of dollars here. It is a fringe sport and the time zone difference already is against it.
where did I say PPV in Mexico? You think it cost only $100,000 to get the rights to the fight in Mexico? what about the rest of the countries?

And how about the money made from ticket sales and sportsmanship's?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #66
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 1343
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
bitch don't try me. I've taken 3 math classes in the past 2 semesters and my lowest grade was a 97 in business statistics. I know how to do ****ing math.

The also gets money from sponsors (over 20 million dollars was reported for the Ortiz fight). And the guarantee can also come from the ppv. Pacquiao gets a guarantee of 25 million, but part of that is from ppv. 7 million of it is on the day of the fight and the number NSAC gets told.

Not to mention people have already bought the tickets for this fight.
Whatever.

Pac's purse is structured for Tax purposes.

he gets 40/60 Pac/MP promotions sharing.

Basically what is written is what Pac as a boxer gets paid, while the rest is paid to his dummy company.

If you really are a math majors, you obviously would understand why itis structured this way, othherwise, stop talking about math. They show Uncle sam part of the iceberg - personal income is tax way higher than corporate income.
pejevan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #67
bandido
The Black Bandit
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 0
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by carias View Post
Honestly, I don't care how much money Floyd makes. All I know is that if he is bringing it 32 million before PPV, dude is doing something right. That being said, it doesn't add or take away from his skills or deficiencies, respectively.
Not before PPV. The guaranteed amount already includes possible sales from an estimated number of PPV buys. If PPV sales exceed that number that's where the upside and additional money comes from.
bandido is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #68
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandido View Post
Not before PPV. The guaranteed amount already includes possible sales from an estimated number of PPV buys. If PPV sales exceed that number that's where the upside and additional money comes from.
This aint Manny we are talking about this is Floyd Money Mayweather whole different structure
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #69
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 1343
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
where did I say PPV in Mexico? You think it cost only $100,000 to get the rights to the fight in Mexico? what about the rest of the countries?

And how about the money made from ticket sales and sportsmanship's?
Gate receipts are at around 10-15 milliondollars.That has been the history of big fights. But that is gross.Do you think MGM or whatever venue organizer would just say you can use our venue for free?

Third world TV companies pay for the rights to air American Idol less than 1million dollars per season. What makes you think that a single event, with less viewership would pay more?

If the promoter writes himself 100 million dollars to be paid to himself,you really have to take the numbers in scrutiny.
pejevan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #70
Ethos
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
Whatever.

Pac's purse is structured for Tax purposes.

he gets 40/60 Pac/MP promotions sharing.

Basically what is written is what Pac as a boxer gets paid, while the rest is paid to his dummy company.

If you really are a math majors, you obviously would understand why itis structured this way, othherwise, stop talking about math. They show Uncle sam part of the iceberg - personal income is tax way higher than corporate income.
If what you say is true for tax purposes no wonder Pac in trouble in his home country. Boy needs to smarten up and stop being taken advantage of..
Ethos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #71
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
Whatever.

Pac's purse is structured for Tax purposes.

he gets 40/60 Pac/MP promotions sharing.

Basically what is written is what Pac as a boxer gets paid, while the rest is paid to his dummy company.

If you really are a math majors, you obviously would understand why itis structured this way, othherwise, stop talking about math. They show Uncle sam part of the iceberg - personal income is tax way higher than corporate income.
Too bad Pac doesn't have copies of his bout contracts.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #72
bandido
The Black Bandit
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 0
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
This aint Manny we are talking about this is Floyd Money Mayweather whole different structure
Moot point really since Floyd pays himself.
bandido is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #73
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 1343
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
If what you say is true for tax purposes no wonder Pac in trouble in his home country. Boy needs to smarten up and stop being taken advantage of..
He paid considerably less tax this year. He is smart!

Gayweather did not pay his.

Anytime you are paying less tax, it means your accountants are doing wonder. The only question is if it is legal. That is an issue between his accountants and the tax office.
pejevan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #74
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
Gate receipts are at around 10-15 milliondollars.That has been the history of big fights. But that is gross.Do you think MGM or whatever venue organizer would just say you can use our venue for free?

Third world TV companies pay for the rights to air American Idol less than 1million dollars per season. What makes you think that a single event, with less viewership would pay more?

If the promoter writes himself 100 million dollars to be paid to himself,you really have to take the numbers in scrutiny.
Look at this Flomotard. Are you going to be watching the fight this wknd? Why do you care when you hate Floyd?
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #75
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 5174
Default Re: Floyds purse is 32 mil he is writing himself a big check #moneyteam

Is that the total take for Mayweather the entity or Mayweather the person? If he has to pay promotional and corporate expenses out of that, his actual take home will be a lot less, but his tax basis will be better. If that is what shows up on his 1099, the IRS will take about 12 million of that.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013