Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Malignaggi Talks To Nazim About Boxing IQ. Nazim Schools the Couch Warriors

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzs9vHAkDyo&hd=1[/ame]
Caelum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 25000
Default Re: Malignaggi Talks To Nazim About Boxing IQ. Nazim Schools the Couch Warriors

Nice, this should be an interesting conversation.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Malignaggi Talks To Nazim About Boxing IQ. Nazim Schools the Couch Warriors

Paulie is getting some of the respect he deserves.

Dude won the NY Golden Gloves after six amatuer fights.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #4
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

"Couch Warriors" that's about 90% of the people on ESB!
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 25000

Nazim

'Everyone going on about this guy being strong. But a gorilla is also very strong, but how comes he's in a cage? And there's a little old man with the key outside? Because the little old man is smart'

Nazim on why being smart is more important than power.

Legend
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Paulie is getting some of the respect he deserves.

Dude won the NY Golden Gloves after six amatuer fights.

Have you seen the documentary Dibella did on him, entitled "Magic Man"?

Really makes you look at Paulie in a different light than the way he sometimes acts, and dresses. . . He really is a solid guy; he is more the "blue collar", hard-working type (although blessed with natural talent), than the ****y, flamboyant, sometimes annoying boob he can turn into before fights. . .
king khan is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #7
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan View Post

Really makes you look at Paulie in a different light than the way he sometimes acts, and dresses. . . He really is a solid guy; he is more the "blue collar", hard-working type (although blessed with natural talent), than the ****y, flamboyant, sometimes annoying boob he can turn into before fights. . .
Went through hell to find it years back. It's saved on my laptop now.

I loved it. I was Boxing at the time myself and some of the things he said, really hit home and stuck with me. You think about the pain, about your future. You think about other things that you wouldn't of unless you were a fighter, you think about pride, legacy. If this fails, where do you go?

I've always been a fan of Malignaggi and I've defended him on here time and time again. He's a tribute to Gentleman Jim Corbett.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

Just keep Paulie away from Amir King KHAAAAAAAAAAN (and he's knocking 'em out!), and match him up right, and he'll keep winning. . . Amir Khan will embarrass him again - in his hometown if he wants it again!

Khan just too fast, too strong, and too good. . . 60/40 Khan, and he whips yo ass.

ALL RESPECT TO PAULIE, of course! But King Khan is just the worst possible style match up for a guy like Paulie. .
Old 05-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #9
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Yeah. It was good. It was on a one of the cable channels years back.

Paulie is a great interview. He would be a good side guy for a boxing telecast.

Ah. Just found it on youtube as well.

magic man - 1 / 6

. Rest is on youtube.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #10
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Went through hell to find it years back. It's saved on my laptop now.

I loved it. I was Boxing at the time myself and some of the things he said, really hit home and stuck with me. You think about the pain, about your future. You think about other things that you wouldn't of unless you were a fighter, you think about pride, legacy. If this fails, where do you go?

I've always been a fan of Malignaggi and I've defended him on here time and time again. He's a tribute to Gentleman Jim Corbett.

Haha same here man! I remember it taking me forever to finally find it, and got it saved as well!

I've messed around, and talked some trash about him, but always kept it real defending his natural skills, and his amazing jab. . . .

You think he can beat a massive boxer/puncher like Ortiz, or Berto? I don't know. . . Definitely wouldn't write him off, but I think I'd bet against him. . . I really do think he'll outpoint Alexander, though. . .
Old 05-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #11
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Always liked both guys.
Vergilius is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #12
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Yeah. It was good. It was on a one of the cable channels.

I could have done without Dibella though.

Agree. . . DiBella is one of the figures in boxing I don't care for. . . He's such a hypocrite, and acts like "he's the good guy" in the world of promotors. . . He's not really a "bad guy", but he's the exact same person as Arum is, he just hasn't been as successful, and his bitterness comes out when he talks. . .

Agree about Paulie being a good color commentator, or analyst. . . He speaks fast, but articulates well.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #13
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Yeah. It was good. It was on a one of the cable channels years back.

Ah. Just found it on youtube as well.

Part 1. Rest is on youtube.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lol, wish it was on youtube back when I was trying to find it!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #14
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Haha same here man! I remember it taking me forever to finally find it, and got it saved as well!

I've messed around, and talked some trash about him, but always kept it real defending his natural skills, and his amazing jab. . . .

You think he can beat a massive boxer/puncher like Ortiz, or Berto? I don't know. . . Definitely wouldn't write him off, but I think I'd bet against him. . . I really do think he'll outpoint Alexander, though. . .
Salita is a good fight for him. MASSIVE fight in Brooklyn. They love Paulie there, and the Jewish fans really get behind Salita.

No. Ortiz and Berto are too big. Alexander is favourite to beat Paulie too in my mind. Senchenko was slow, one dimensional and had flat feet. He fought in straight lines too.

Of all listed above, Berto has the flattest feet and fights in straight lines. He's a plodder. He's more explosive than Paulie though, and probably much stronger.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #15
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Lol Nazim must have a whole laundry list of analogies from swimming to xbox 360 to silverback gorillas
megavolt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum