Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd vs Cotto - a total mismatch - Floyd does it again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
You need to find yourself a new definition of mismatch then. Granted, at the time, Marquez was, and is a mismatch.

Everyone else you have named, is not a mismatch. You're delusional if you think they are. All world champions, all world class boxers.

There is a difference between elite and world class, but there aren't too many elite boxers in and around WW.

Boxers like Mayweather make mismatches, whether they aren't considered that on paper.
No I have watched boxing for over 20 yrs ..These were all certified mismatches and this one is no diffrent due to where his oppoenents are at this stage of the game !

The talent pool today is so watered down its sad !

And who doesn't consider these fights mismatches idiots like Dan Rafeal ?

Who really gave Ortiz a chance at beating Mayweather especially after watching him break down in the Maidana fight menatlly and even after his win over Berto ?

You really saying Mosley had a shot ? Last I recall Floyd was a 5-1 going into that ..And not every BELT holder is world class ! Learn that first ! And lets also not forget that there are 17 weight divisions ! These days they are just handing out titles !

I love boxing but lets call it what it is ..I don't recall Floyd being involved in a pick em fight for yrs now ..Floyd knows what he's doing thats why he's writing the scripts and his fans are eating it up ! Thats why they look diffrent on paper !

The next pickem fight is Bute and Froch ,Not Floyd vs Cotto ! Big diffrence there !
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
he should have agreed to pac's 50/50 and fight.
I know where you're trying to go with this and I'm not biting. 50/50 split wouldn't have gotten the fight made regardless
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
Martinez said he was available and would accept 20% , and come on Macklin??? he would have been paid to step aside.

Lara with Hearns fight was only made 3 months ago , when the Cotto fight has been on the table for six months.

Bradley is with top rank - so , does this mean Floyd will only work with Golden boy???

Lastly Manny - but Im not going there because this isnt what I am talking about , I am discussing Floyd and Cotto.
Today in a statement to Boxing Insider, Sergio Martinez responded to Floyd Mayweather.
的知 focused 100% on Matthew Macklin, and I知 not interested in anything else. Floyd had enough time to reach a deal. Anyway, if he wants the fight he knows who he has to speak with. I said 150 and I will keep my promise. The same way I ask Hopkins and Ward [to meet at] a catch-weight, I don稚 have problems in fighting at Jr. Middleweight.Talk is cheap. Fight or shut up. November would be a good month. I would have enough time to reach 150 and you could be recovered from your holidays.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I know where you're trying to go with this and I'm not biting. 50/50 split wouldn't have gotten the fight made regardless

Today in a statement to Boxing Insider, Sergio Martinez responded to Floyd Mayweather.
的知 focused 100% on Matthew Macklin, and I知 not interested in anything else. Floyd had enough time to reach a deal. Anyway, if he wants the fight he knows who he has to speak with. I said 150 and I will keep my promise. The same way I ask Hopkins and Ward [to meet at] a catch-weight, I don稚 have problems in fighting at Jr. Middleweight.Talk is cheap. Fight or shut up. November would be a good month. I would have enough time to reach 150 and you could be recovered from your holidays.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That source is almost as bad as my 'thy black man 150 catchweight!!!!'

Martinez fights Macklin for peanuts when he could fight Floyd for millions.

This fight could have been made, aswell as the others above.

The Lara fight would have been easy to make , and that is the only 154 fight I want to see.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #19
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
That source is almost as bad as my 'thy black man 150 catchweight!!!!'

Martinez fights Macklin for peanuts when he could fight Floyd for millions.

This fight could have been made, aswell as the others above.

The Lara fight would have been easy to make , and that is the only 154 fight I want to see.
****off. It was an interview with Sergio Martinez. If you're not going to be impartial, then there's no point in having this conversation
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
No I have watched boxing for over 20 yrs ..These were all certified mismatches and this one is no diffrent due to where his oppoenents are at this stage of the game !

The talent pool today is so watered down its sad !
The talent pool being watered down, and Mayweather making his opponents look like mismatches is his fault? Pacquiao from De La Hoya to Clottey looked unbeatable, he made his bouts look like mismatches. Where they mismatches?

Quote:
And who doesn't consider these fights mismatches idiots like Dan Rafeal ?
Many don't consider certain bouts mismatches.

Quote:
Who really gave Ortiz a chance at beating Mayweather especially after watching him break down in the Maidana fight menatlly and even after his win over Berto ?
I didn't, doesn't make it a mismatch though. Here is the definition of a mismatch -
Quote:
a bad or unsuitable match.
Mayweather against a novice boxer is a mismatch. Mayweather against someone who hasn't come close to world class level is a mismatch. Afterall this is boxing, and anything can happen. Considering you have watched the sport for over 20 years, you would think you could recognise the difference.

Quote:
You really saying Mosley had a shot ? Last I recall Floyd was a 5-1 going into that ..And not every BELT holder is world class ! Learn that first ! And lets also not forget that there are 17 weight divisions ! These days they are just handing out titles !
Of course he had a shot, he had Mayweather hurt in the second, is that not a shot? Or did you predict Mayweather to recover and win over 12? Of course you did.

I don't give a shit about betting odds. Not relevant in a boxing debate, at all.

Quote:
I love boxing but lets call it what it is ..I don't recall Floyd being involved in a pick em fight for yrs now ..Floyd knows what he's doing thats why he's writing the scripts and his fans are eating it up ! Thats why they look diffrent on paper !
The only pick em fight that is available for him, IMO, at WW is Pacquiao. And I still favour Mayweather. The reason being, they are the only two elite boxers at WW.

Quote:
The next pickem fight is Bute and Froch ,Not Floyd vs Cotto ! Big diffrence there !
Other than Pacquiao and Martinez, name just one bout that is a pick em bout, or not a mismatch?

I'm going to watch some football, anyway.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #21
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Sure you do look at Floyd's last 4 fights

Marquez

Ortiz

Mosley

Now Cotto !
you're right....Money is so damn good, everyone is a mismatch
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #22
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
****off. It was an interview with Sergio Martinez. If you're not going to be impartial, then there's no point in having this conversation
Ok , you are right sorry. But if we see the Canelo fight next , then I want you to at least admit that Floyd does pick the easiest options available for the highest rewards and then sells the match as the fight of the century. As he is doing in this fight.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ok , you are right sorry. But if we see the Canelo fight next , then I want you to at least admit that Floyd does pick the easiest options available for the highest rewards and then sells the match as the fight of the century. As he is doing in this fight.
floyd is a WW...fought one fight at 154 ever...so he moves up to fight the best option at 154, and that is the easiest option?

who else could he fight?

khan, ortiz (again), berto, bradley, martinez (a ****ing MW), Maidana, Peterson, Paulie, Jones, Brook, Alexander, JMM (again), Dzinsiruk, Kirkland, Lara, Morales, Mosley (again), and of course, I want a new stadium and 40 mil is not enough I will fight for 7.5 mil Pac?

Is Cotto really the easiest option?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #24
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjames View Post
floyd is a WW...fought one fight at 154 ever...so he moves up to fight the best option at 154, and that is the easiest option?

who else could he fight?

khan, ortiz (again), berto, bradley, martinez (a ****ing MW), Maidana, Peterson, Paulie, Jones, Brook, Alexander, JMM (again), Dzinsiruk, Kirkland, Lara, Morales, Mosley (again), and of course, I want a new stadium and 40 mil is not enough I will fight for 7.5 mil Pac?

Is Cotto really the easiest option?
Martinez is a small middle and only fights at 160 because he cannot get the fights he wants at 154.

Other fights are Lara - easily the best at 154 .

Manny - and offer him a real percentage and not this 40 mil he bands around as if he is the savour of boxing.

Also Manny made in the region of 15 mil + fighting Hatton 3 years ago , he is not fighting for 7.5 mil a fight , more like 25 million as all the reports actually say.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #25
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Martinez is a small middle and only fights at 160 because he cannot get the fights he wants at 154.

Manny - and offer him a real percentage and not this 40 mil he bands around as if he is the savour of boxing.

Also Manny made in the region of 15 mil + fighting Hatton 3 years ago , he is not fighting for 7.5 mil a fight , more like 25 million as all the reports actually say.
Hey why did you duck Charley Burley?
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #26
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
MVC is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #27
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Hey why did you duck Charley Burley?
Ha ha ,

Charley is definately in the 'who needs him' club.

Too dangerous , punched too hard and not enough money.

should have been great.

Different times...
Old 05-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #28
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

Quote:

sergio fights at 160 because he is a MW...he isn't getting big names at 160, so that argument makes no sense

Lara would not sell (yet) and the is pretty damn green...if floyd got shit for fighting a green ortiz, is would be 10 times worse with Lara

And as far as Manny and he money...40 mil is 60% more than his biggest fight to date. Seriously, 60% more...come the **** on.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
The talent pool being watered down, and Mayweather making his opponents look like mismatches is his fault? Pacquiao from De La Hoya to Clottey looked unbeatable, he made his bouts look like mismatches. Where they mismatches?

Many don't consider certain bouts mismatches.
I hate this multiple quote shit

No but Floyd sure did take some time off to wait for the waters to calm down a bit ..And fighting 1 time a year also didn't help ! Coming up from 130 there were some guys he could have fought ..

I recall Winky Wright calling him out when he was champ,a fight with Forrest could have been made when Mosley turned him down ..At the higher weights I really don't see who he's fought that really pushed him ? An out prime Oscar ? Mosley ? Both guys were long past their best,they were nothing more than names to pad the record !

Below 140 you gets no arguements he was a beast and against anyone all time he would be a problem ..But north of it ,I really wonder

And that road you just described for Manny weren't considered mismatches due to Pacquio's size but in the end we all saw what they were ..I didn't know Manny was so good he could just turn Clottey into a stationary punching bag ..Wonder why he's been MIA for over a year ..

Quote:
I didn't, doesn't make it a mismatch though. Here is the definition of a mismatch -

Mayweather against a novice boxer is a mismatch. Mayweather against someone who hasn't come close to world class level is a mismatch. Afterall this is boxing, and anything can happen. Considering you have watched the sport for over 20 years, you would think you could recognise the difference.

Of course he had a shot, he had Mayweather hurt in the second, is that not a shot? Or did you predict Mayweather to recover and win over 12? Of course you did.

No I never predicted for Mosley to rock him and MW to recover to win like that ..I just picked Mayweather to win based on where Mosley was at this place in his career .

And considering Manny and Floyd are the only elite level boxers left you would also have recognised that the guys he fought were not on his level when they fought him ..

Quote:
I don't give a shit about betting odds. Not relevant in a boxing debate, at all.

The only pick em fight that is available for him, IMO, at WW is Pacquiao. And I still favour Mayweather. The reason being, they are the only two elite boxers at WW.

Other than Pacquiao and Martinez, name just one bout that is a pick em bout, or not a mismatch?

I'm going to watch some football, anyway.

A Pacquio fight will also be a mismatch ..I'm not mislead into thinking everything served today is rittled with greatness because its popular ..

They are all great boxers but they are not all great rivals !

Look we can agree to disagree ..I just hope this actually entertains ..
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
Hotsauce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mayweather/Pacquiao is a mismatch?
Hotsauce is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum