Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #31
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto should have gave an interview. Didnt expect Mayweather to be the classier g

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_g.o.a.t View Post
I agree, Floyd thanked the fans in the interview, during the press conference and on twitter.

Cotto just walked off which was a bit weird.
Weird? Actually I thought it made a lot of sense. Had Cotto had the brakes beaten off of him or his socks boxed off? He probably would have been happy to speak.

Instead he was literally in that fight from start to finish. A block here, a landed combo there, backing off to run out a little time, etc... could have possibly won him more rounds and even the fight. I disagree, but I am sure him and his corner felt really good until they heard the cards.

Lose a race by a mile? No big deal. Lose a race by inches? You replay every step in your head wondering, "What if?"
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #32
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Cotto should have gave an interview. Didnt expect Mayweather to be the classier g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint View Post
For $70 out of my pocket and 8 million into Cottos, he could have at least gave an interview. Even if he felt he won (which is absurd) he could have voiced that. he fought hard and I commend him for that, but I was dissapointed in his behavior after the fight. In contrast, it was hard not to like this version of Mayweather. I think he was relieved that it was over, but I think we got to see his true self. I think he has a good heart when it counts despite his persona, and though ive never been a fan of his personality, he was all class the other night.
Cotto gave you a great fight, isn't that enough? Also, half an hour of semi-acceptable behaviour after you've just won a fight does not make you into a decent, law-abiding, stand-up pillar of the community.
Vergilius is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #33
NeckBreaknAiken
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergilius View Post
Cotto gave you a great fight, isn't that enough? Also, half an hour of semi-acceptable behaviour after you've just won a fight does not make you into a decent, law-abiding, stand-up pillar of the community.
No one is claiming Floyd is some saint.

And no one is saying that Cotto is obligated to give the fans an interview.

But we all know if Floyd had done the same thing, people wouldn't be so easy to just write it off.
NeckBreaknAiken is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #34
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Instead he was literally in that fight from start to finish. A block here, a landed combo there, backing off to run out a little time, etc... could have possibly won him more rounds and even the fight. I disagree, but I am sure him and his corner felt really good until they heard the cards.
Nah, if you heard Diaz in the corner around the 10th and 11th, they knew they were down.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

it annoys me that he did that and has been acting like a little bitch since the fight but he fought the fight of his life and in his mind (no matter how wrong he is) he thinks he won. that'd piss any of us so putting myself in his position and mindstate I get it and let it slide for giving such a champion effort. boxers not being able to accept defeat is part of what makes them special in mental make up and is necessary for some of them to have continued motivation. cotto gets a pass from me as would any fighter that put in that kinda effort but we know damn well had mayweather done that shit he woulda been crucified on here and everywhere else.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #36
boxingscience
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583

Cotto took more of a beating than Floyd, and his head was quite swollen. Cotto has got to think about his health more than boxing fans. The doctor checked him straight away when he entered his changing room.
boxingscience is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #37
tampa
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

after every loss. he hasnt stayed?
tampa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum