Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Why do people rag on Pacquiao when all he's done is beat who's put in front of him?

I hear a few people on here dissing Pacquiao's accomplishments in boxing. 99% of boxing critics here or anywhere in the world will never accomplish even a 1/4 of what Pacquiao has achieved, AND they would never survive a week of his training regime, yet they rag on him like he's some bum athlete. I am not a fan of any particular fighter, but I respect fighters who are respectful and dedicated to the sport. The amount of work these guys put in to their craft is amazing, and I wish a lot of people would give more respect for these athletes.

Anyway, apart from the rambling, I just wanted your opinions on Pacquiao's accomplishments in boxing. He can only beat the opponents that are put in front of him! It's not his fault if the judges see a fight differently to boxing fans, or whether his promoter isn't as genuine as he believes.

So why do people pull the guy down and make his achievements look bad?
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
DrOfStyleSlick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Why do people rag on Pacquiao when all he's done is beat who's put in front of hi

oh cmon man.....mannys accomplishments are lauded by the casual fans/gen public

ya some of us hardcore guys will bash him from time to time....and so will us floyd fans....still respect manny as a fighter and what hes done(hell i kinda hate the guy now but ive been to two of his fights live...and they were a ****in blast ill never forget...hatton and cotto).......

the thing is....floyd has accomplished pretty much the same.....and hes the one who is constantly asked to do more...to prove/show more........while everyone thinks manny is doing some amazing ****ing things

when people accuse manny of using peds...his backers will point out that as teenagers pac and floyd were fighting at the same weight.....so why do people act like manny is doing amazing things when floyd has done them too.......they constantly bark at floyd needing to do this and that to prove how great he is......they talk about manny as an atg while floyd is just a generational great..........floyd is the one who gets accomplishments taken for granted
DrOfStyleSlick is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people rag on Pacquiao when all he's done is beat who's put in front of hi

i'm a big pacquiao fan, but juan manuel marquez was flat out robbed against him in their third fight, the fans knew it, roach knew it, and most importantly, pacquiao knew it, and he still accepted it as a legitimate victory. that's the only gripe I have with him.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOfStyleSlick View Post
oh cmon man.....mannys accomplishments are lauded by the casual fans/gen public

ya some of us hardcore guys will bash him from time to time....and so will us floyd fans....still respect manny as a fighter and what hes done(hell i kinda hate the guy now but ive been to two of his fights live...and they were a ****in blast ill never forget...hatton and cotto).......

the thing is....floyd has accomplished pretty much the same.....and hes the one who is constantly asked to do more...to prove/show more........while everyone thinks manny is doing some amazing ****ing things

when people accuse manny of using peds...his backers will point out that as teenagers pac and floyd were fighting at the same weight.....so why do people act like manny is doing amazing things when floyd has done them too.......they constantly bark at floyd needing to do this and that to prove how great he is......they talk about manny as an atg while floyd is just a generational great..........floyd is the one who gets accomplishments taken for granted
This

Im a fan of Manny,but im a bigger fan of Floyd. I give credit to both fighters where its due, but it seems with Floyd its never enough, while Manny does not get the same criticism from the so called experts but is expected to be in the same class as Mayweather, with not really accomplishing much more. Winning titles at catchweights also isnt really cool with me.
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

CATCHWEIGHT title fights might have something to do with why people " rag " him. Personally i dont care about Catchweight fights, but if they are not for titles then fine. I just dont buy into a guy claiming to be a legitimate title holder when he forced the other guy to weigh less than the limit to get the payday.

Ultimately though that is probably down to the greedy sanctioning bodies who should say they will not allow Catchweights for their titles, but Pac certainly appears to use this as a deliberate tactic.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
DrOfStyleSlick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post
CATCHWEIGHT title fights might have something to do with why people " rag " him. Personally i dont care about Catchweight fights, but if they are not for titles then fine. I just dont buy into a guy claiming to be a legitimate title holder when he forced the other guy to weigh less than the limit to get the payday.

Ultimately though that is probably down to the greedy sanctioning bodies who should say they will not allow Catchweights for their titles, but Pac certainly appears to use this as a deliberate tactic.
im not going to bash manny as i have in the past...cause i like him as a fighter...and what hes brough to the sport.....

but like this guy said....if you are going to claim world titles.....go beat a legit division champ at that weight.......his 154 title is a joke....its gift wrapped....a vacant title at a 150 catch....just do it the right way instead of making a circus out of it.....and claiming to be some record setting weight divsion champ
DrOfStyleSlick is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Because he is overrated.But you know, fighting the best in the world.There is no way realistically that it will be smooth sailing.He has losses and problems with Marquez and Morales. But those two are ATG's. Apart from that blemish Pacquiao has gone from strength to strength.Specially at welterweight. But no question that Marquez has his number and i believe a prime Morales smashes him.But no one else it seems can beat him in this sport at his weight except Floyd. Noticing a trend? YES only the best can beat Manny Pacquiao at his peak.We're not talking about a young Manny Pacquiao where he was KTFO and KTFD (Knock the f down) we're talking prime Pacquiao.But to me he is overrated and i am not a fan of his techniques in the ring.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post

ESB forumers were already ragging on Pac years before his first catchweight fight.
caneman is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
RealBoxing
Kill The Nonsense
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
i'm a big pacquiao fan, but juan manuel marquez was flat out robbed against him in their third fight, the fans knew it, roach knew it, and most importantly, pacquiao knew it, and he still accepted it as a legitimate victory. that's the only gripe I have with him.

RealBoxing is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Catchweight king and got gift decissions against Marquez at least two times
locard is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

I have been a big Pacquiao fan, probably before any of you guys knew who he was. I have always supported him, but since he moved to 147 it's been nothing but shenanigans by him and his promoter

Ducking Blood tests for 2 years
Ducking Mosley when he was champ
Almost cancelled the Hatton bout over 2%
Margarito at 150 for a stupid title
Robbing Marquez at welter

It's just been annoying.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #12
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327

because his fans are faggots.
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #13
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
Name me any fighter who will come out and say he lost a fight, even though he may have lost it. Even when people thought Rios lost the fight to Abril, his coach and himself still declared themselves victors after the match. No one will admit they lost the fight, and if they did/do, I would like to see it.
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma1 View Post
Name me any fighter who will come out and say he lost a fight, even though he may have lost it. Even when people thought Rios lost the fight to Abril, his coach and himself still declared themselves victors after the match. No one will admit they lost the fight, and if they did/do, I would like to see it.
nevertheless it left a bad taste in my mouth. whether he admitted it or not, which he clearly didn't, marquez was still robbed.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma1 View Post
The man in my av pretty much did after the Sturm debacle
turbotime is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum