Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #106
DanielJFiasco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 565
Default Re: Khan bout in jeopardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I get what you mean. But, he was the one who insisted on extra testing, so I find it strange that he would then try and use PEDs - even if money and pressure had something to do with it. He's already beaten Khan and knows he has his number, so why risk all of that due to pressure that, in my opinion, won't have been any more than what it was for the first fight?

I think I see some truth in Bajingo's article. Lamont's a warm, stand-up guy. I think he's let someone into camp - trusting them - and they've inadvertently been giving him illegal substances. If that's the case, I feel so sorry for him.
Yeah, I'd imagine thats the case too. Taking high level PEDs isn't like having an aspirin in the morning. They have to be administered in an optimised program that is the work of a nutritionist or doctor. The scenarios can be quite hard to judge, especially in a legal sense. Like the difference between a trusted nutritionist mixing you a shake and saying:

"Here, drink this. It'll help you recover"
"Here, drink this. It'll help you recover REAL GOOD "
"Here, drink this. I've mixed in some anabolic steroids and some **** to stop it being detected."
DanielJFiasco is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #107
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

As far as I can tell, the main benefit of things like HGH or anabolic steroids in boxing is to help a fighter heal/ recover faster in training camp. If your muscles recover quicker then you can push yourself harder for longer in training. It will also help prevent or repair any muscle injuries which might hamper training.

People seem to have this idea of people taking steroids so they can be bulkier or simply physically stronger in the ring on fight night, when in fact the true benefits of those drugs will have been reaped a while before then.

Boxing is a sport where fighters put their lives on the line everytime they go in the ring. It's a sport with some of the best money to be earned in any sport if you manage to get yourself to the top of your game. It's a sport which is ridiculously demanding on the human body.

It's also a sport with some of the most pathetic drugs testing in the world.

If the top athletes in less physically demanding sports with far less financial reward and far stricter testing protocols choose to dope, the you'd have to be an idiot to think its not pretty widespread in boxing.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #108
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

is anyone truly surprised

even with random testing peterson still chose to do test because its such a help, imagine what the guys without random testing can get up to
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #109
Bryn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2221

If it does come out that Lamont has knowingly taken illegal performance enhancers then he should suffer a lengthy ban. It could be my favourite fighter and I'd want the same punishment dished out.
Bryn is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #110
im sparticus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanHatton View Post
You're just playing Devils Advocate!! Anyway why would someone just decide to use PEDS after a fight in which they won it naturally!! It is well known PEDS would help him absorb more punishment and recover quicker!!

I just can't see him deciding to use PEDS for the first time in this training camp. I would put serious money on that he used PEDS for the first fight and he's probably thought '' **** it '' I'll risk using em' for this fight even though there is random testing.
Your quoting PEDs. It says test in the statement.

Please explain what advantages test would bring for a boxer,cos i dont know any. Testosterone is one of the wosrt AAS a boxer could take. And no boxer with the right information would take testosterone to enhance performance.
im sparticus is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #111
im sparticus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Exactly. it's the main reason I think Pacqiuao isn't scared of taking the tests if he IS on summat; his gear would be ace and hard to detect.
Designer AAS. Your right. You cant test for something if you dont know what your looking for
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #112
Yala Bolasie

vCash:

Has Sky made one of those "Behind the ropes" shows for a fight which hasn't been cancelled yet?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #113
El Greeno
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by im sparticus View Post

Please explain what advantages test would bring for a boxer,cos i dont know any.
The wikipedia article suggests quite a lot
El Greeno is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #114
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by im sparticus View Post

Please explain what advantages test would bring for a boxer,cos i dont know any. Testosterone is one of the wosrt AAS a boxer could take. And no boxer with the right information would take testosterone to enhance performance.
Being stronger is an advantage last time I looked. We don't know for sure that it was testosterone as we'd know it, though. Every steroid is the testosterone molecule that's been altered so if he was on anavar or something to cut the weight it might show up on the test as testosterone.

If he is on testosterone, though, there's pretty much no way he didn't know he was doing as it you can't just take it for a bit and then stop. You have to run other **** for 6-8 weeks after because having too much testosterone can cause it to turn into estrogen.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #115
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Hgh , insulin , igf and other peptides is the way 2 go as these do not show up on tests. Most elite boxers are on this **** - that include floyd and pac
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #116
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Let's not forget: Alistair Overeem seemed a real straight-up guy. Well spoken, articulate, and well read and well-informed when questions were asked of his physique

It's hard to believe that a lot of people, myself included, gave him a free pass despite what he looked like.

For me, it's not the cheating that ****es me off, it's investing time and respecting a person who then ends up a liar...makes me look a right cubt
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #117
Muzza
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity View Post
so khan refuses to fight kell brook cos he has heard hes on cocaine, agrees to fight peterson and then this happens, in a way im glad amir khan is gonna lose out on the money, shouldnt trash talk on twitter you ****.
What a stupid comment, especially about the money. You think Khans getting paid well bcos of Peterson? Khans been making around 1M for his last 7-8 fights. Hardly needs the money.
Muzza is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #118
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Let's not forget: Alistair Overeem seemed a real straight-up guy. Well spoken, articulate, and well read and well-informed when questions were asked of his physique

It's hard to believe that a lot of people, myself included, gave him a free pass despite what he looked like.

For me, it's not the cheating that ****es me off, it's investing time and respecting a person who then ends up a liar...makes me look a right cubt
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #119
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

So Sky might have to cancel the show?!

Not just Boxnation then......
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #120
im sparticus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
Being stronger is an advantage last time I looked. We don't know for sure that it was testosterone as we'd know it, though. Every steroid is the testosterone molecule that's been altered so if he was on anavar or something to cut the weight it might show up on the test as testosterone.

If he is on testosterone, though, there's pretty much no way he didn't know he was doing as it you can't just take it for a bit and then stop. You have to run other **** for 6-8 weeks after because having too much testosterone can cause it to turn into estrogen.
The statement says synthetic testosterone and although you are right all AAS are derivatives of testosterone if you were taking var it would show as var not test. and var doesnt cut the weight thats diet. You obviously know 0 about AAS and PEDs. So you cant just take test for a bit?? Depends on the ester. The 6-8wk after you have to run other ****. I assume by that you are talking SERMs and aromatise inhibiters along with human chorionic gonadatropin. What a load of **** whod take that for that long. Your a gym rat thats spouting **** theyve heard in the gym. As usual they and you dont know what your talking about. 6-8 wk PCT roflmao

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum