boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?
Cotto UD 11 11.58%
Cotto TKO/KO 71 74.74%
Kirkland UD 0 0%
Kirkland TKO/KO 13 13.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #31
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Cotto was eating ****ing right hands all night, and wasn't hard to find at all. At left uppercuts all night as well.

If Kirkland lands a looping right around the guard, Cotto will be hurt, if Kirkland lands his right to the body, Cotto will start backing up.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #32
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I would never lose to a white boy
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Cotto was eating ****ing right hands all night, and wasn't hard to find at all. At left uppercuts all night as well.

If Kirkland lands a looping right around the guard, Cotto will be hurt, if Kirkland lands his right to the body, Cotto will start backing up.
So Kirkland has the speed of punch and defensive prowess of Floyd ?

The worst version of Cotto would murder the best version of Kirkland.Kirkland is nothing more than a puncher,and a crude one at that.The gulf in class would be massive.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #33
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,047
vCash: 500
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
hussleman thinks Kirkland would knock Cotto out and from what i've seen, i have doubts about that one. What do you guys think about this matchup?
Cotto is way too good for Kirkland at this point. Could be a wide ud or perhaps a late tko.
Vergilius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #34
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
So Kirkland has the speed of punch and defensive prowess of Floyd ?

The worst version of Cotto would murder the best version of Kirkland.Kirkland is nothing more than a puncher,and a crude one at that.The gulf in class would be massive.
Didn't say anything about him having the defense of Mayweather, but Kirkland can definitely land to the body of Cotto if Margo and Foreman could, because he is faster than both.

Cotto is simply not good enough at 154 to dominate Kirkland, the best version of Cotto will always have problems with pressure fighters, especially pressure fighters with big punches.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #35
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens NYC
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

I enjoy Kirkland and he's quite the animal....its not so much he's flaws its more the need for improvement on his skill set and adaptibility. Cotto will ultimately be caught by Kirkland but again Kirkland is quite crude and Cotto, for some strange reason, seems to take punches well from fighters known for extreme KO power, accuraccy is what hurts Cotto not brute strength. James would be outclassed, outboxed and dare I say it the bigger stronger man would be brutalized into a TKO.

Sweet Bam....I'm on your side with the Pascal vs Cloud prediction and I feel your logic their but in my honest opinion your completely off on this one...just some constructive criticisim.
Caper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #36
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens NYC
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Didn't say anything about him having the defense of Mayweather, but Kirkland can definitely land to the body of Cotto if Margo and Foreman could, because he is faster than both.

Cotto is simply not good enough at 154 to dominate Kirkland, the best version of Cotto will always have problems with pressure fighters, especially pressure fighters with big punches.
Problem is Kirklands pressure is uneducated and he can be outboxed by pedestrian boxers with less pedigree when compared to Cotto. Margo brings something Kirkland doesnt and its not so much just chin its durability and a programmed mindset of never taking a back step, no thinking just purely reacting. Kirkland can be driven to reset and rethink but without the confidence and tact that's needed to be succesful at changing gears. I can't side with you on this one...not one bit.
Caper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #37
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper View Post
I enjoy Kirkland and he's quite the animal....its not so much he's flaws its more the need for improvement on his skill set and adaptibility. Cotto will ultimately be caught by Kirkland but again Kirkland is quite crude and Cotto, for some strange reason, seems to take punches well from fighters known for extreme KO power, accuraccy is what hurts Cotto not brute strength. James would be outclassed, outboxed and dare I say it the bigger stronger man would be brutalized into a TKO.

Sweet Bam....I'm on your side with the Pascal vs Cloud prediction and I feel your logic their but in my honest opinion your completely off on this one...just some constructive criticisim.
everyone has there opinions and their reasons, that is what gives life its spice.

That said I disagree with you, I think if Cotto can't take Kirkland out early, because of his style, Kirkland will beat him down with his body attack and then KO him late.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #38
stillth3sameg
Woolly Rhino
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Under the Sea
Posts: 902
vCash: 5707
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Kirkland has more of a chance with Alvarez than Cotto.

Cotto would definitely find and expose Kirkland's jaw... I'd bet all my vcash for a tko/ko win inside of 10 should this fight ever happen.
stillth3sameg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 28,647
vCash: 590
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Cotto stops Kirkland early.
(The fight don't reach 5 RDs)

IMO.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #40
Juan Ma Lopez
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 436
vCash: 75
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Kirklands too strong and walks through quitto
Juan Ma Lopez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #41
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens NYC
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
everyone has there opinions and their reasons, that is what gives life its spice.

That said I disagree with you, I think if Cotto can't take Kirkland out early, because of his style, Kirkland will beat him down with his body attack and then KO him late.
No doubt, Cloud TKO's Pascal all day all night F* what happened against the mulato spainard.

We can agree to disagree, Kirkland will find it surprisingly difficult to enter within a decent range to hit the body with decent impact without eating a good amount of stiff jabs and the occassional leaping left hook. No way does he get far enough in a "boxing match" to TKO cotto late due to bodywork. We can do this all day all night my stamina is legendary and my skills silky and sweet like peach flavored snatch.
Caper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #42
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 28,647
vCash: 590
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

For the record Alvarez, Molina & Angulo (rematch) beat Kirkland.
The guy is exciting to watch because he is solo vulnerable @ the elite level.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #43
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LDN
Posts: 4,551
vCash: 2000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Angulo is a bum, he does not beat Kirkland in a rematch
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #44
dazl1212
kafir and proud
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 336
vCash: 300
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

It would look like the first few rounds of Cotto Margo I until Kirklands chin fails him.
Guy isn't skilled enough or durable enough to deal with Cotto.
Angulo would have had him out of there if he had an ounce of the skill Cotto does.
dazl1212 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #45
Arranmcl
Arran
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland.
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland, who wins?

Cotto KO's him with a jab.
Arranmcl is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015