Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124
Default Mayweather won the fight, but Cotto won the event!

That's the basic truth, right there!!

Miguel was incredibly good, this version of Miguel Cotto would have beaten anybody at 154 and 147 last Saturday night. Whose last name is not Mayweather.

Floyd was amazing as usual, more on him in the next paragraphs. What I loved most about this fight. Wasn't The incredible Heart, Skill, Endurance, Athleticism, Fitness and Guile that both warriors displayed. Nor was it the elite level of boxing, in which the fight ensued. We can all agree, that it was fun to watch. We also know that something really good and kinda special happened on Saturday night.

As the years go by we might look back and say. Who was the only dude that really tested Floyd Mayweather ... Miguel Cotto. The more Mayweather dominates, which I believe he will continue to do. The better Miguel will look. He showed every one that was calling him shot, that he still has a lot left in the tank, bitches!! He fought like a beast and put hands on Floyd and although he lost, his stock has risen.

Mayweather is a bad man. He did his thing boy, don't think Money did not dig deep son. He was awesome in so many ways, he got hit,busted up, rough up. Not all work, is easy work son, believe that. It was like Duran vs. Leonad I, but Leonard won this time. He was a little smarter and more seasoned. Than Sugar Ray Leonard was at the time of his fight with Roberto. Duran was also coming up 2 weight classes by today's classifications.

Think about it we paid $70 bucks to see them fight and nobody is complaining. We are as happy as pigs in shit. After the fight was over, we were left with mad boxing possibilities and scenarios, to talk about.

The most important thing about this fight to me, though. Was that it was a throw back outcome. What I mean is that, even though Miguel lost on paper, he won over the boxing world, once again, Floyd fans included. We are not calling him shot or washed up. Great night of boxing! Everybody has been mad respectful before, during and after the fight. Miguel should have done the interview. It's not that he thinks that he was cheated. It't was more like the realization that he did all I could to win and he still lost .....wow Floyd is that good.

I am sure he will apologize and explain himself with time.

That's a Wrap!!!!!
bronx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
SymphonyOHorror

vCash:
Default Re: Mayweather won the fight, but Cotto won the event!

I have my own finals. No time to read your ****ing essay.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonyOHorror View Post
I have my own finals. No time to read your ****ing essay.

talk to me when you hit 100 post

u ****en noob!
bronx is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

good post, I agree definitely worth every bit of what we payed to see it. I dont remember ever being so excited for a fight and then come away just as satisfied after it was over. Cotto showed us alot, He needs to stay with Diaz and also stay at 154. Looked really strong out there against the best.
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

JMM arguably won the event last time out against Pacquiao. Bernard arguably won the event in his draw against Pascal. But despite a spirited effort from Cotto in which he performed better than I expected, I wouldn't say he "won the event".

But he made a good enough account for himself that he will get another good payday, and probably sooner rather than later.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
SymphonyOHorror

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
JMM arguably won the event last time out against Pacquiao. Bernard arguably won the event in his draw against Pascal. But despite a spirited effort from Cotto in which he performed better than I expected, I wouldn't say he "won the event".

But he made a good enough account for himself that he will get another good payday, and probably sooner rather than later.

Who do you think won the Pac-Marq fight?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Marquez won the Event but he also actually won the Fight so I get Rusfleds point.

I just think that he proved a lot and improved his image that is a win in boxing business terms.
bronx is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
I personally scored it 114-114.

And while we're at it, I scored Hopkins-Pascal I 114-112 for Bernard.

I scored the Mayweather-Cotto fight 117-111 for Floyd.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post
Marquez won the Event but he also actually won the Fight so I get Rusfleds point.

I just think that he proved a lot and improved his image that is a win in boxing business terms.
Let me put it this way - Cotto's stock didn't drop, but I don't think it rose, either.

I think he's more or less in the same position he was before the Floyd fight got signed, and I think there are a slew of interesting options out there for Miguel at 154.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Truth.

Cotto has another big fight left in him. I can't see him taking anyone light after making in the neighborhood of 15 million over his two fights so sooner is my guess as well.
PBFred is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Mayweather won both
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

I think Cotto may have won the event, but by a small margin.

Pretty Boy Floyd went toe to toe with a light middleweight and showed his true grit and chin. Then he walked into the ring with 50, Triple H and ****** Beiber
Then he trolled the commentators after the fight.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict

Quote:
Let me put it this way - Cotto's stock didn't drop, but I don't think it rose, either.

I think he's more or less in the same position he was before the Floyd fight got signed, and I think there are a slew of interesting options out there for Miguel at 154.
gotta disagree, before alot of people were saying the guy was shot or damaged goods. A very good perfomance against Floyd definately rose his stock.
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #14
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Cotto dropped that ball (the event) when he left the ring without saying anything to his fans.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #15
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

If he would have gotten knocked out we would have been calling for his retirement and that did not happen

Actually the total opposite happened people are impressed and looking forward to seeing him again

It so rare now a days that I see it as a Victory of sort
bronx is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum