Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #31
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124
Default Re: Mayweather won the fight, but Cotto won the event!

fine then
bronx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #32
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post
fine then
Cotto's gonna move on and make millions upon millions of dollars in his next couple of fights. I think he'll be good.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #33
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
That's the basic truth, right there!!

Miguel was incredibly good, this version of Miguel Cotto would have beaten anybody at 154 and 147 last Saturday night. Whose last name is not Mayweather.

Floyd was amazing as usual, more on him in the next paragraphs. What I loved most about this fight. Wasn't The incredible Heart, Skill, Endurance, Athleticism, Fitness and Guile that both warriors displayed. Nor was it the elite level of boxing, in which the fight ensued. We can all agree, that it was fun to watch. We also know that something really good and kinda special happened on Saturday night.

As the years go by we might look back and say. Who was the only dude that really tested Floyd Mayweather ... Miguel Cotto. The more Mayweather dominates, which I believe he will continue to do. The better Miguel will look. He showed every one that was calling him shot, that he still has a lot left in the tank, bitches!! He fought like a beast and put hands on Floyd and although he lost, his stock has risen.

Mayweather is a bad man. He did his thing boy, don't think Money did not dig deep son. He was awesome in so many ways, he got hit,busted up, rough up. Not all work, is easy work son, believe that. It was like Duran vs. Leonad I, but Leonard won this time. He was a little smarter and more seasoned. Than Sugar Ray Leonard was at the time of his fight with Roberto. Duran was also coming up 2 weight classes by today's classifications.

Think about it we paid $70 bucks to see them fight and nobody is complaining. We are as happy as pigs in shit. After the fight was over, we were left with mad boxing possibilities and scenarios, to talk about.

The most important thing about this fight to me, though. Was that it was a throw back outcome. What I mean is that, even though Miguel lost on paper, he won over the boxing world, once again, Floyd fans included. We are not calling him shot or washed up. Great night of boxing! Everybody has been mad respectful before, during and after the fight. Miguel should have done the interview. It's not that he thinks that he was cheated. It't was more like the realization that he did all I could to win and he still lost .....wow Floyd is that good.

I am sure he will apologize and explain himself with time.

That's a Wrap!!!!!
i agree with most of this post.

the part i don't agree with...i think cotto has exposed some kinks in floyds armor. he has given a blue print on how to beat floyd. problem was...cotto didn't have the stamina nor the patience/intelligence to get it done. if he would have stuck to the body work...he would have had a much easier floyd to deal with in the final rounds. both fighters made adjustment after adjustment after adjustment. i take nothing away from either. they will both go down as two of the best of this era. great fight for boxing fans.
daprofessor is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #34
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
Cotto's gonna move on and make millions upon millions of dollars in his next couple of fights. I think he'll be good.
yep he came to fight and gained some fans. Shit if this fight is as big as they are saying it was he made a shit ton of money as well
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #35
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Based on.... not getting KO'd? super. Mayweather took Cotto's own strategy and began to beat his ass with it.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #36
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
You would've been right had Cotto not protested against the use of the 8oz gloves.
protested? the rules stipulate 10oz for anything above 147.
daprofessor is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprofessor View Post
the part i don't agree with...i think cotto has exposed some kinks in floyds armor. he has given a blue print on how to beat floyd. .
You're a lame, people have been saying that since Castillo.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #38
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
protested? the rules stipulate 10oz for anything above 147.
The commission would've agreed to it but Cotto(e)'s team didn't want them.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #39
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

I really think this is a case where both fighters "won" the event. . . Cotto's stock goes up slightly in the loss. . Mayweather proved he was still Mayweather. . .

Cotto could step right back in against any big name (probably even a Pac rematch @ 150-154) based off the common perception of his performance (which was good, but he wans't close to winning like some mainstream fans might think). . But still, just because he did that good against FLoyd, his stock goes up.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #40
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
i agree with most of this post.

the part i don't agree with...i think cotto has exposed some kinks in floyds armor. he has given a blue print on how to beat floyd. problem was...cotto didn't have the stamina nor the patience/intelligence to get it done. if he would have stuck to the body work...he would have had a much easier floyd to deal with in the final rounds. both fighters made adjustment after adjustment after adjustment. i take nothing away from either. they will both go down as two of the best of this era. great fight for boxing fans.
I believe Castillo gets credit for the blue print

Cotto kinda perfected it, but not really Floyd won

Sick!
bronx is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #41
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

When the crowd who bought tickets to see you boos you, because you are such an asshole that you want to leave the ring without talking to them, I would say you lost the event.

Floyd won it, when he gave fans an exciting fight and dug deep with all his injuries and sickness to dominate Cotto in a spirited fight.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #42
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
When the crowd who bought tickets to see you boos you, because you are such an asshole that you want to leave the ring without talking to them, I would say you lost the event.

Floyd won it, when he gave fans an exciting fight and dug deep with all his injuries and sickness to dominate Cotto in a spirited fight.
excuses and delusional and inaccurate
bronx is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #43
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:
excuses and delusional and inaccurate
Floyd was sick and he had a hand injury. This is fact.

Cotto was absolutely dominated by Floyd,
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #44
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Mayweather won by a wide margin on the cards. That is not Cotto winning the event. Cotto is not a young fighter who didn't have a title who was biting off more than he can chew. He had a title and he lost it in a rather wide decision. The fight was tougher than the cards showed,but Cotto did not win the event. Mayweather won the fight and won the event. Abril is more of a guy who won the event againts Rios.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #45
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412

I thought both fighters showed a lot in that fight. Floyd didn't run for many years now and fought in the pocket as he promised.
tliang1000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum