Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #31
bandeedo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1115
Default Re: No one left for Mayweather now, but Pac and Martinez....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomstombs View Post
Martinez doesnt sell enough tickets.
is that you, floyd?
bandeedo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #32
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

There's always someone to beat your ass when you least expect it to. ODLH was Olympic Gold, SFW Champ, LW Champ, LWW Champ and the first man to KO Chavez Sr, WW Champ and beat former p4p Pernell Whitaker and again Chavez Sr with an 8th round TKO and he hit the wall against a LW that came up to WW in SSM and he became P4P number one but then he lost to Vernon Forrest, Hoya would become a LMW Champ even after losing to Tito and lost it again to SSM in another controversial fashion, Tito himself was in a huge run from WW to SWW and to MW when he found Hopkins in MSG, RJJ was unbeatable at MW, SMW, LHW specially and HW until he rematched with Antonio Tarver. Tzsyu was a throtlling machine until he met first Vince Phillips and then Ricky Hatton, Hatton to Money and to Manny. If you go back in time, SRL was upset by Duran in Montreal and almost by Hearns in the rematch, herans by SRL first, then by Hagler and Barkley, El Radar Benitez to SRL, hearns and Hamcho, Norris to Jackson, Brown and Boudouani, Hagler himself to SRL, Holmes to Spinks and to Tyson, Spinks to Tyson, Tyson to Douglas, Holyfield and Lewis, lewis to McCall and Rahman even though he avenged but he almost lost to Vitali, and we can go on forever... Calzaghe left the game but didn't prove much at LHWT and Otkke didn't prove either at SMW, neither did Dariusz M., Maske lost to Hill and Hill to Hearns. When you will learn that PBF or Money, whatever you wanna call him gonna lose sooner or later, not cause I want to and I swear I don't, but this is just the process of Boxing History. Only Marciano left the game with his head up high and then died but who puts him in the ATG list? No offense... Bottom line, there's always one Buster Douglas on the corner to press that button. Like Hopkins says and you all know that I care most about him, what is important is what happens next... That goes for all newcomers, Ward, Bute, Alvarez, Gamboa, Guzman, Guerrero, Bradley, Donaire, they are all in a high high... The Klitschkos seem to have learned the lesson like Dawson, Adamek, Sturm, Froch, Kessler, Khan, Kirkland, Martinez and Devon Alexander.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #33
Hotsauce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
There's always someone to beat your ass when you least expect it to. ODLH was Olympic Gold, SFW Champ, LW Champ, LWW Champ and the first man to KO Chavez Sr, WW Champ and beat former p4p Pernell Whitaker and again Chavez Sr with an 8th round TKO and he hit the wall against a LW that came up to WW in SSM and he became P4P number one but then he lost to Vernon Forrest, Hoya would become a LMW Champ even after losing to Tito and lost it again to SSM in another controversial fashion, Tito himself was in a huge run from WW to SWW and to MW when he found Hopkins in MSG, RJJ was unbeatable at MW, SMW, LHW specially and HW until he rematched with Antonio Tarver. Tzsyu was a throtlling machine until he met first Vince Phillips and then Ricky Hatton, Hatton to Money and to Manny. If you go back in time, SRL was upset by Duran in Montreal and almost by Hearns in the rematch, herans by SRL first, then by Hagler and Barkley, El Radar Benitez to SRL, hearns and Hamcho, Norris to Jackson, Brown and Boudouani, Hagler himself to SRL, Holmes to Spinks and to Tyson, Spinks to Tyson, Tyson to Douglas, Holyfield and Lewis, lewis to McCall and Rahman even though he avenged but he almost lost to Vitali, and we can go on forever... Calzaghe left the game but didn't prove much at LHWT and Otkke didn't prove either at SMW, neither did Dariusz M., Maske lost to Hill and Hill to Hearns. When you will learn that PBF or Money, whatever you wanna call him gonna lose sooner or later, not cause I want to and I swear I don't, but this is just the process of Boxing History. Only Marciano left the game with his head up high and then died but who puts him in the ATG list? No offense... Bottom line, there's always one Buster Douglas on the corner to press that button. Like Hopkins says and you all know that I care most about him, what is important is what happens next... That goes for all newcomers, Ward, Bute, Alvarez, Gamboa, Guzman, Guerrero, Bradley, Donaire, they are all in a high high... The Klitschkos seem to have learned the lesson like Dawson, Adamek, Sturm, Froch, Kessler, Khan, Kirkland, Martinez and Devon Alexander.
great point
Hotsauce is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 AM   #34
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

No wonder Void will not fight Pac. Pac will knock Void out and Martinez will totally outclass him!!!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #35
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelGonzal View Post
I will not pay for or get remotely excited about an Ortiz rematch or a Kahn fight. I defenitely dont care about a Berto or a Canelo challenge.

there are still plenty of people willing buy those PPV's. Mayweather at this point should challege only the best opposition avaliable if not he should retire.
Casuals would eat those up. Those are the fights I expect him to take. Definately would not hold my breath on Martinez and Pac.
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 04:44 AM   #36
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
I will not pay for or get remotely excited about an Ortiz rematch or a Kahn fight. I defenitely dont care about a Berto or a Canelo challenge.

there are still plenty of people willing buy those PPV's. Mayweather at this point should challege only the best opposition avaliable if not he should retire.
He can fight whoever the **** he wants he's earned it by eating everyone he's faced. He put in his dues, and now can fight for money rather than legacy.

Pac lost to Marquez recently, and needs to be willing and take the test, or else he needs to STFU.
IsaL is online now  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 AM   #37
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Matty Hatton
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #38
VX.Nefarious
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
I keep telling people, no Boxer is unbeatable, there are ONLY 3 names that seem to be a threat to Mayweather, according to fans, but there might be some one other than Lara, Martinez, and Pacquiao that can give Mayweather his second loss, it might be a great upset, for all we know Pac may loose to Bradley, and Marquez to his next opponent, it's all a matter of time. Those 3 are fighting well above their best divisions. Just goes to show how those 3 are in another level, Martinez, Donaire, Ward, come next but not on that ATG level.
VX.Nefarious is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #39
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:

Did you include another retirement?
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #40
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Martinez would be great. Khan would get KO'd in 5
benebox is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #41
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
margarito
you must really hate tony
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #42
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mayweather has tons of options, ranging from big fights to super fights. If he wanted to fight again this year there are a number of fights ready to go.

Pac- the biggest money fight in history, just put the nonsense aside and make the fight.

Martinez- sure, its a gamble to go up in weight and challenge a very good middleweight champ but thats what great fighters have always done.

Cotto 2- first fight was entertaining, competitive, and will make huge profits, a rematch(if both want it) makes a lot of sense.

Ortiz-Berto winner- the winner becomes the top non-Mayweather/Pac welterweight and a very reasonable opponent. Berto would be preferable to an Ortiz rematch though.

Bradley- if he beats Pac then he becomes a great option. There's the whole Top Rank thing but if Mayweather really wanted the fight it could happen.

Williams/Kirkland- not nearly as likely but both are very interesting fights for a declining Mayweather.

Those are just guys ready to go if Mayweather fights again this year which isn't a given at all. In a years time, May 2013 and Mayweather loves that May date, there will be another crop of fighters that can be added to that list once they've put a couple more wins under their belt-Alvarez, Khan, Mike Jones.

There's also a bunch of guys who seem unlikely right now but in a year or more, if they win a big fight or two, could be ready-Alexander, Guerrero, Peterson, Brook.

There's more options than Maywether could ever get too. Are they attractive enough for Mayweather? I don't know, but as a fan I'd say most are pretty attractive.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #43
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:

Agreed, it will go down as a HUGE black mark against floyd and pac`s careers if they do not fight & that would be a shame... I genuinely believe that even the loser of a pac-fmj fight will have less regrets than either fighter if the fight were not to happen at all.

I suppose fmj always has the Martinez thing to try make things right (I don`t see pac going that high in weight tbh) but even then, it would be like Whitaker not having fought Chavez, even if he outlasts him longevity wise, there will still be the big unanswered question... who would have won H2H between the top 2 p4p of the era ?

Both men (especially fmj as he will be the likely winner) will regret this fight not happening for the rest of their lives if they don`t sort themselves out asap, believe it.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #44
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Pacman or retire.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #45
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Floyd is the 154 champ, so he could presumably fight Angulo, Kirkland and Canelo.

Canelo's handler's likely won't put him in with Mayweather at this point. They view Canelo as the future, but currently, Mayweather is the present and not the past. That job belonged to Mosley. Canelo will likely fight some contendors before facing Mayweather.

Unless Floyd gets Kirkland out of there early, it could potentially lead to some difficulty. Kirkland's accuracy, and skills aren't the problem, but his strength, conditioning, and power. Floyd could presumably stay on the outside and outbox Kirkland and hit him with hard accurate shots that "may" make him tenative, but his legs are questionable. Even then, Kirkland will use his size and strength to push Floyd back agains the ropes. Floyd will win this fight, but it will be a hard fight.

Angulo is another option, but he is coming off a devestating loss in front of a home town crowd, and he's not really a name opponent. Angulo does present an absolute nightmare matchup for Floyd though. I will go on record and say Floyd cannot hurt Angulo. Not at all. In fact, even in his KO loss, it appeared it was due more to fatigue than his chin giving out. Angulo is not the most skilled fighter, but he's got size, strength, power, stamina, and relentlessness that will make it a very bloody fight for Floyd. It's not a fight I suspect Floyd will take, probably for the same reasons he avoided Margarito who also presents many of the same problems.

In my eyes, this leaves Pacquaio who is a division lower, and Martinez who is a division higher. Perhaps, he could face Paul Williams, but Paul Williams size, ability to take shots, pressure, length, and workrate may be too much for Floyd, who at the very least would have his work cutout for him and absorb plenty of punishment.

Regarding Martinez, Martinez probably has the best chance aside from Angulo of stopping Floyd. He has the size, reach, and speed, to hit Floyd when Floyd is backing up, and he has the power to put Floyd out with one shot. He's also an intelligent counterpuncher with a great deal of experience, and a southpaw as well, which will pose problems in Floyd's prefered style of defense.

I say, the best fight out there is Pacquaio.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum