Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #31
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: USA Today scored fight for Cotto (vs PBF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vast View Post
cotto got no love from HBO or the judges for his bodywork and I think that is why he was po'd about the scoring. I do not blame him at all. I say lets see a rematch in Puerto Rico...
You gotta hit body not elbow.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #32
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

I actually had it 7-5 for mayweather, with a case being made (because I switched one of my rounds I had for Cotto to mayweather to make sure I wasnt giving cotto any special treatment) as a draw.

The judges, HBO crew, and especially ledermen were close to corrupt in their scores, imo.

Not saying I think Cotto won it, but no matter how you slice it, those scores were corrupt and crimingal (imo)
kirk is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #33
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

holy jesus

Never have I seen one fight, that was clearly for the winner be questioned so much. This is amazing.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #34
ryan_c
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I disagree. I think people who deny the closeness of rounds are simply preoccupied with making Floyd's victory look easy.You can't make a blanket statement like that when lots of people have 4 rounds, and some have 5.
This.
ryan_c is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #35
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
That's because you're biased bogotazo. At some point the shit has to stop.
I have my preferences, but I wouldn't hesitate to call you and countless other posters on this board far more preoccupied with defending Floyd than I am of hyping Cotto or Marquez or anyone else.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #36
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I have my preferences, but I wouldn't hesitate to call you and countless other posters on this board far more preoccupied with defending Floyd than I am of hyping Cotto or Marquez or anyone else.
Of course you would. Cause you're biased.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #37
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
Of course you would. Cause you're biased.
And you aren't?
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #38
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's sickening to me how losers perceive and think alike. Cotto won 2 rounds period. Floyd buckled Cotto al throughout the fight. When people try to make highlight videos of what Cotto did the word that will best describe them will be cheese. Cotto landed some nice jabs and hit Floyd a few times against the ropes. That will occupy maybe a minute of the highlight videos . The rest of the videos will be Cotto not landing anything solid and just throwing flurries. You people are ****ing idiots swayed by your female emotions. The shit people force themselve to believe . 117-112 is being nice in my opinion . Cotto wouldn't do shit till the end of a round and you idiots compare that shit to Castillo. Thats a clear slap in the face to Castillo . I cant wait for the replay . EVeryone is going to have a change of opinion . Calm the **** down off your post fight high cuz youre really going to look dumb later.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #39
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
And you aren't?
The problem is, for example, you act like my opinions about the fight this weekend aren't within the majority of scoring. It's just biased folks are coming up with these odd ball scores that aren't indicative of the fight and scoring criteria.

If that makes me biased for disagreeing and making it known then I guess I am. But the people that are scoring the fight 115-113, draws, etc., on the board, much less the media, are in the minority.

Plus, I just happen to remember things that certain posters said before the fight and it's mostly just sour grapes on their end cause Cotto lost.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #40
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
The problem is, for example, you act like my opinions about the fight this weekend aren't within the majority of scoring. It's just biased folks are coming up with these odd ball scores that aren't indicative of the fight and scoring criteria.

If that makes me biased for disagreeing and making it known then I guess I am. But the people that are scoring the fight 115-113, draws, etc., on the board, much less the media, are in the minority.

Plus, I just happen to remember things that certain posters said before the fight and it's mostly just sour grapes on their end cause Cotto lost.
I don't mind being in the minority, and have no problems fervently disagreeing with a majority. You're not "a moron" if you gave Cotto 4 or 5 rounds, in my opinion, and upholding your own score as the epitome of competence just because a majority agrees doesn't make variances from that score any less valid.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #41
ryan_c
Belt holder
ESB Addict

thawk888 don't kid yourself, you are bias..
ryan_c is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:24 AM   #42
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_c View Post
thawk888 don't kid yourself, you are bias..
And you're a known Floyd hater, so why should I care what you say in regards to bias?
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #43
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I don't mind being in the minority, and have no problems fervently disagreeing with a majority. You're not "a moron" if you gave Cotto 4 or 5 rounds, in my opinion, and upholding your own score as the epitome of competence just because a majority agrees doesn't make variances from that score any less valid.
lol, ok Bogo, keep straddling that fence.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #44
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I actually had it 7-5 for mayweather, with a case being made (because I switched one of my rounds I had for Cotto to mayweather to make sure I wasnt giving cotto any special treatment) as a draw.

The judges, HBO crew, and especially ledermen were close to corrupt in their scores, imo.

Not saying I think Cotto won it, but no matter how you slice it, those scores were corrupt and crimingal (imo)

All three judges, the entire HBO crew, the Boxnation crew, COMPUBOX, damn near every ringside observer, and the majority of fans would have to be corrupt in order for your theory to hold water. You have to ask to yourself this; what's more likely, all of those people are corrupt and can't score a fight, or that your scorecard was off and probably influenced by personal bias?
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #45
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

There where so many close rounds its not unconcievable that a few people had Cotto winning. I will have to rewatch the fight before I give my score card as I had drunk half a bottle of Vodka when I orginally watched it. My mate said he thought Cotto won and he normally has decent opinions even though he had Hopkins beating Calzaghe somehow.
benebox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum